Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Baths were all well and good, but their aftermath could be troublesome

Rated: G

Categories: LOTR FPS Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 373 Read: 601

Published: 08 Aug 2009 Updated: 08 Aug 2009

After a long lie in the sun to dry, the clean, better-smelling, and much happier Fellowship set out again. Even Aragorn had to admit he felt better--once he got over the indignity of being forcibly held down and *scrubbed*, for Eru's sake!--and his sense of smell was at top form again.

He inhaled deeply, taking in all the scents of the land around them-grass and cedar, moss and damp turf. Pippin darted past him, and he smelled...strawberries?

Turning to face the Fellowship, Aragorn inhaled deeply again. Oatmeal (must be Sam), a hint of tangy buttermilk that could be Frodo, tobacco (Merry, definitely), some sort of musk and spice (Gimli, strongly enough to have *bathed* in it), wood and grass and spices (had to be Legolas). And once more, cardamom and musky scent and a hint of leather--Gandalf.

He sniffed loudly, perturbed. "Oh good *grief*, if *I* can smell you all from ten feet away, every Orc can too. What did I say about scents? We can't afford to leave a trail!"

That statement was punctuated with a mighty sneeze. "All right, who's wearing Brut... that makes me sneeze!"

Boromir sheepishly grinned. "It was part of a gift set, seemed a shame to waste it. Besides, Faramir gave it to me." Aragorn muttered something about Faramir's taste, but not loudly enough for Boromir to hear.

Gimli muttered, "Ah, good thing I didn't drink it then, I've never been a Brut man."

Legolas, put out at the implied criticism of his fashion sense, retorted, "And what about you, Aragorn? That pink bottle surely contained something."

Aragorn grinned. "You'll notice I don't smell of anything. And the midges are avoiding me. Not to mention, the Orcs are allergic to that particular bath soap. But hurry, we must rid ourselves of the scents, before they pick up our trail. And this time, *no scent*."

"Baths *again*?" Pippin moaned.

"Dammit, my hair just dried," Legolas and Gimli grumbled almost in unison.

Gandalf and the rest of the hobbits sighed and headed for the nearest stream.

Boromir simply grinned and offered to scrub Aragorn's back... as long as Aragorn returned the favor. Aragorn smirked. He'd make sure the only scent left on Boromir was his.