Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Sean just wants things to be perfect.

Rated: PG-13

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 1447 Read: 777

Published: 08 Aug 2009 Updated: 08 Aug 2009

Viggo knew a long time ago that Sean was never lacking in understanding. He was in fact very quick to grasp ideas; a highly intelligent man who made up for his inability to express himself with words by approaching a particular situation with a calm and rational mind. Despite that, Viggo sometimes had the nagging suspicion that Sean was never able to fully understand what he had gotten into the moment he said "I do". In other words, Sean was losing his bloody mind – and Viggo was ready to bounce off the walls in sheer frustration.

The day of the marriage had come and gone, yet Sean still hasn't lost that nervous twitch Viggo remembered seeing during the ceremony. Sean, it was revealed, had obsessively twiddled with his cuff-links, looking strangely uncomfortable in his expensive suit while he waited for Viggo's arrival. But Viggo, being Viggo, hadn't bothered with the dress code and had turned up in pants, a shirt and no shoes. Sean was astonished, of course, but calmed down just enough to say the two words that made them husband and... well, husband.

The initial shock of seeing Viggo thusly dressed seemed to have a lasting impression upon the Brit. Today, two months after their little wedding, that "nervous twitch" Sean had been exhibiting seemed to have developed into a strange form of panic.

It manifested itself in ways Viggo had neither seen nor experienced before – strange things that he hadn't expected Sean to do. Like Sean's attempt to hire a chef to cook Viggo's meals for example. Or a gardener to tend to that plot of land Viggo had been struggling to bring back to life.

And then there's Sean's obsession with housekeeping – obsession being the word of emphasis here. ‘*Like right now, for instance*,' Viggo thought as he leaned against the doorway to their bedroom, hands folded across his chest while he watched Sean feverishly at work.

"Sean," Viggo said with a sigh. He ran a hand over his face, suddenly feeling old and tired.

"What?" the blond answered before wrestling with the bed sheets, pulling and tugging at the corners. The sheets put up a good fight, refusing to budge and Sean was defeated for the moment, flopping upon the bed with a huff of annoyance.

"Bloody sheets won't come off," Sean muttered, irritably running his fingers through his hair till he resembled something like a hedgehog.

"Of course they won't," Viggo answered as he approached the figure that was helplessly sprawled across the bed. "You pinned the corners down the night before."

That caught his attention.

"Why?" Sean asked, looking confused for the moment before his expression cleared up, bounded out of bed and then attempted to lift the mattress to remove the pins that securely held the sheets.

Viggo was behind Sean in a heartbeat and had his arms wrapped around Sean's lean waist in two. The latter paused for a while, throwing a questioning look over his shoulder before he straightened and turned rather motionless.

"Because," Viggo murmured, pressing his lips against the shell of Sean's ear, "the sheets kept coming off when we had sex. Remember?"

Sean's ears turned hot and red.

"Yeah. Well, I want them off now. It needs a good wash," he mumbled, gesturing vaguely toward the almost invisible spot at the inconspicuous corner of the material.

"I don't think so. It looks fine to me," Viggo insisted as his hands slid from Sean's waist to his thighs before framing the sides of Sean's crotch with his fingers.

Sean shifted a bit and cleared his throat, but remained silent. Viggo took that as an opportunity to finally bring up the issues that had been bothering him for the past couple of weeks – albeit with caution of course. Sean's temper was legendary and was altogether quite unpredictable.

"Erm, Sean?" Viggo began hesitantly as he gently palmed the front of Sean's pants.

And then came the curt reply. "What?"

"You don't have to do this you know," Viggo murmured, his warm breath tickling Sean's ear.

"Do what?" Sean choked out, turning his head to send a look of confusion at Viggo.

Viggo took a deep breath and turned Sean around till they were standing nose to nose before each other.

"You don't have to do *this*," Viggo said, gesturing towards the bed, "To try so hard to make things perfect all the time. And you don't have to do stuff like getting a chef... or a gardener. You don't have to do all that for *me*."

There was a pause in which Viggo's eyes gazed into Sean's, wanting him to understand (with just a look) that there was no need for Sean to make himself more perfect in Viggo's eyes than he already was. He had half-expected Sean to be on the defensive really, as he was wont to do should he find himself in an uncomfortable situation. Yet, that didn't happen. Instead, Sean dropped his gaze and merely looked embarrassed.

"I did get carried away a bit, didn't I?" he murmured, giving a self-deprecating laugh.

"Yeah. Yeah, you did," Viggo said with a smile, rubbing his nose against Sean's in a gesture of affection.

"I just wanted things to be perfect," Sean insisted.

Viggo nodded in understanding and paused for a moment, pondering upon what to say without coming off as being cheesy. He gave up after a few seconds and decided to say the first thing that came to his mind.

"I know, but *you* are perfect. You and this marriage. They're all that matter to me and you know that," he answered and grinned a bit as Sean raised an eyebrow at his direction.

"And of course, there's your majestic tower of masculinity," Viggo continued, relieved that Sean was taking this entire episode pretty well.

"My what?"

"... that seems to be in want of attention right now."

"Look, if you're going to continue talking like this, I'm going back to doing the laundry."

Of course Viggo said no more and both he and Sean became relatively quiet (save for the intermittent rasp of incoherent syllabus emitting from both parties) for the next hour or so before Viggo finally collapsed upon Sean in exhaustion and promptly lost his ability for speech.

"The room's a mess," Sean mumbled into the pillow, surveying the pile of discarded clothes that were strewn about the floor through blurry eyes.

"I call this a work of art. Perfection if you will," Viggo answered after he caught his breath and curled up against Sean in an attempt to get comfortable.

"I think this brings a new definition to the word "perfection", don't you think?" Sean whispered, already on the brink of falling asleep. A small smile was playing upon his lips.

"I do," came the short answer before they both curled up together and refused to move for a long, long time.

~~~

Two months ago...

Viggo Mortensen, do you come before this gathering of friends...

"Where the hell are your shoes?"

... and family to celebrate your love for Sean Mark Bean and to commit your life to him?

"Don't have them."

Do you pledge to love, comfort and protect him, affirm him, respect him, and care for him?

"It is highly inappropriate given the situation, don't you think?"

To express your thoughts and emotions to him and to listen to his...

"Well, it depends. Are you marrying me or my shoes?"

... in times of joy and of sorrow, in times of wealth and of need?

"I don't think that's the point here."

To encourage and inspire him, while committing to grow, love and advance together in faith, honesty and determination?

"I do."

And you, Sean Bean, do you come before this gathering of friends...

"Oh great. They're getting our pictures taken and you don't have any shoes on."

... and family to celebrate your love for Viggo Mortensen and to commit your life to him?

"But you love me anyway, right?"

Do you pledge to love, comfort and protect him, affirm him, respect him, and care for him?

"Of course, you daft thing. I'm sorry. I'm just a little nervous, that's all. Want things to be perfect and all, you know?"

To express your thoughts and emotions to him and to listen to his in times of joy and of sorrow, in times of wealth and of need?

"I know. But things are already perfect, love. If this isn't perfection, then I suppose the word "perfection" itself must be redefined, don't you agree?"

To encourage and inspire him, while committing to grow, love and advance together in faith, honesty and determination?

"Yeah. Yeah, I do."