Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: They waited long enough.

Rated: R

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 994 Read: 597

Published: 08 Aug 2009 Updated: 08 Aug 2009

Sean waited for Viggo in New Zealand.

When the part of Aragorn had to be recast at short notice and Peter was on the phone, trying to persuade Viggo to take the part, Sean waited.

He had never actually met Viggo then, but was familiar with his work in several movies of varying quality. The things that didn't vary were Viggo?s strong performances and Sean's fascination with this beautiful man.

He had watched Viggo making love to Diane Lane and Gwynneth Paltrow, feeling his body responding, imagining a different scenario involving himself. He had seen Indian Runner countless times, pausing on that short scene, with Viggo's naked body, while stroking himself and indulging his fantasies.

Now Viggo had accepted the part and was coming to New Zealand to join the Fellowship. Licking his lips in anticipation, Sean waited.

Sean waited for Viggo in London.

The relationship they had developed in New Zealand, starting with passion and declarations of love and moving back to friendship had been maintained through phone calls and odd meetings.

Sean had wonderful memories of that magical time, when he and Viggo had felt an immediate and mutual attraction. From the moment Peter had introduced them and they had clasped hands, the connection between them had been like a flash of lightning.

That handclasp had led within hours to their first kiss, followed soon after by skin against skin, mouths exploring each other, bodies linked in shared passion.

When Sean had finished his part and was set to return home, they had reviewed the situation in a sensible, adult way and agreed that there was no realistic chance for their secret love affair, begun in that safe cocoon, to continue in the real world. It would be much better for their careers to continue as friends and pretend that New Zealand had merely been an enjoyable interlude.

Viggo was in London to promote Hidalgo and wanted to meet Sean in a pub to have the kind of blokeish, matey conversation over a few beers they had envisaged, when they had felt the real world encroaching on their little capsule of seclusion. Sean waited.

Sean waited for Viggo in Los Angeles.

Shooting on Alatriste in Spain had finished and Viggo was flying home. Sean was in Los Angeles as well, as he seemed to be spending most of his time there at the moment.

After that meeting in London, Sean and Viggo had been driven away from their quiet reunion drink in the pub, by pressure of fans, thrilled to see Aragorn & Boromir having a beer together. Viggo had fixed Sean with a hypnotic look from his amazing eyes, placed a hand on his thigh and invited him back to his hotel.

Sean had known that he had only to succumb to those eyes, to respond to that hand, and he would be taking their relationship back to another level, which he feared had belonged to another time, another place, another country. The timing didn't seem to him to be right, somehow. He smiled regretfully, but shook his head and went home. Sean waited.

Sean waited for Viggo in Toronto.

It was eighteen months since the last time he had seen Viggo and now they were both here for the film festival, each with a movie to promote. They had only spoken a couple of times on the phone in that time and then only to deliver birthday greetings, but as they met, Sean felt again the loneliness and longing , the hollowness he had felt ever since he and Viggo has stopped being lovers.

He had cursed himself as a fool and a coward, because he had refused that invitation in London and when he had the chance to put it right in LA, it was Viggo, who had withdrawn.

They had actually talked about it this time, over a restaurant meal, had both acknowledged that they felt the loss of their earlier relationship, had agreed that together they had been good and together they had been whole.

But when Sean had asked with his eyes, it had been Viggo, who had dropped his glance and suddenly found the tablecloth very interesting, tracing abstract designs with his fork. Sean contented himself with pulling the petals from the red roses in the table centre.* He loves me, he loves me not.* When Viggo looked back up, after an age, he had put up a shutter over the window and Sean couldn?t see in any more. Before the eyes had dropped, though, he had caught a glimpse of something 'hope, need ?'

Too late. Viggo was protecting his sensitive feelings, because Sean had rejected him before . He couldn't really blame him, but he still loved him and he was pretty sure that the feeling was returned, Yet again, the time was not right, though. As they left the restaurant he gave Viggo the last remaining rose in the vase and they hugged, but still they went separate ways. Sean waited.

And now Toronto. They had met again and hugged warmly. This time felt different. This time the eye contact told them that they were both weary of this separation and denial of what they both really wanted.

In the interview together they had posed for photographs with Sean's arm round Viggo, a hand resting on his shoulder, while Viggo's arm was round Sean's waist. After they left the studio to go to separate parties, Viggo had given Sean the key to his hotel room.

Having slipped away from his party as soon as he reasonably could, Sean hurried to Viggo's hotel and felt himself trembling with anticipation as he let himself into the room.

He heard the shower running in the bathroom, while over on the table, was a large bowl of red roses. Sean scattered the roses down either side of the bed, then quickly stripped off his clothes and lay down on his stomach in the middle.

Sean waited.