Summary: Sean has been divorced four times and on the eve of Viggo's birthday, he and Viggo are now openly living as a couple.

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: Taking Stock

Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes

Word count: 5207 Read: 5451

Published: 08 Aug 2009 Updated: 08 Aug 2009

Pensive


Viggo is always a deep thinker, sometimes so deep that he needs breathing apparatus.

From years of experience, Sean has grown used to the long silences, the dreamy gaze, the not quite being there. Usually he just digs in and waits for Viggo to surface and swim back to him.

Today, lying propped on one elbow, watching that carved profile, a quote from Pope pops into his head,

“While pensive poets painful vigils keep”

And he must have said it out loud, because Viggo turns his head, stretches, catlike and uncoils himself from the window seat, prowling fluidly towards him.


Death


Viggo kneels on the bed and crawls up to him, more feline than ever, rubbing his head on Sean’s smooth chest, nuzzling his neck and begging silently to be stroked.

Sean complies, running his hand over Viggo’s head, continuing languidly down his back, while Viggo all but purrs.

“Penny for your thoughts,” Sean says, although he knows that Viggo will tell him when he’s good and ready, what he’s been musing on this time.

It seems that he is ready, because Viggo bends his head up to look at Sean, while he leans into the caress and says simply,

“Mortality.”


Stern


“You’ve been pondering mortality again?”

Sighing, Sean sits up and pulls Viggo into a sitting position, hugging him close.

“You’re a morbid bugger sometimes, Vig,” he complains. “We’re in Denmark for your exhibition and to celebrate a big birthday - emphasis on celebrate - not to sit maundering on about death and decay.”

“But that ‘big birthday’ is the reason, Sean. There’s more of my life in the past than there will be in the future.”

“Sod the past and mortality, Viggo,” rejoins Sean sternly. “It’s the present we should be thankful for. Now come here and live a little.”


Kiss


It’s Viggo’s turn to sigh as he allows himself to be pulled into a kiss.

Isn’t that just like Sean to try and dismiss the existential, the philosophical, and the metaphysical by substituting the purely physical?

Not that he’s exactly complaining, as Sean moulds their lips together, his muscular tongue searching, exploring, finding and finally fucking Viggo’s mouth.

Viggo relaxes and opens himself to Sean, in absolute love and trust. Not naturally submissive, he nevertheless bends himself to Sean’s will, allowing his head to be held firmly in place and enjoys the luxury of abandoning himself and being kissed breathless.


Hands


Sean’s long, supple fingers are wound in Viggo’s hair, so soft and silky, when he lets it grow a little, the way Sean likes it.

He is cradling Viggo’s head, while he kisses him to distraction, only releasing him so that they can both surface for air.

Viggo loves Sean’s hands and now they brush his face as gently as Sean’s mouth has just pillaged and ravaged his.

They push him back on the bed, moulding him into the form Sean desires, then stroke and caress his body, sometimes scratching, sometimes pinching, while Viggo writhes and moans under Sean’s touch.


Worship


Sean is driven to show Viggo how much he loves desires and cherishes him; how much he wants to give him endless pleasure.

To this end, he uses his skilful hands, his mouth, lips, teeth and tongue. He caresses, strokes, kisses, nibbles, licks, laps and sucks.

Sometimes he sinks to his knees like a penitent and drinks from his own private Holy Grail. Other times, he spreads Viggo’s body beneath him, his personal altar.

Sean does not consider himself a religious or even particularly spiritual man, but every time he makes love to Viggo, it is an act of worship.

Bed

Viggo arches his body under Sean’s ministrations and begs wordlessly to be joined and filled.

If he could think rationally at the moment, he would reflect on just how effectively Sean is able to distract him by this strategy, but his inability to think at all is proof in itself.

He is reduced to a pulsating, quivering mass of emotions, sensations and wants.

Viggo moans in ecstasy as Sean finally slides into his welcoming body and they can move together, lost in their passion.

There is no past or future, only the present and this bed is their entire universe.


Greet


Sean wakes first, ready to greet the dawn and a new day.

He watches Viggo sleeping in the pale, rose light and waits to greet him too.

Sean knows that Viggo has been aware of his own mortality since he was a boy, because they’ve often talked about it. He knows that it partly accounts for Viggo’s boundless energy, insatiable curiosity, reluctance to sleep and determination to cram as much into his life as possible.

Lately though, he has begun to worry about Viggo’s preoccupation with thoughts of death. It’s daft, because Viggo is the most alive person he knows.


Red


Viggo opens his eyes, awake in an instant as the sun comes up. They never close the blinds, because he likes to wake up to the sunrise and he always snaps awake, alert and as ready as the filthy Ranger.

Sean has always thought that the edges between Aragorn and Viggo were a little fuzzy and he smiles.

This morning, the sunrise paints the sky a dramatic red reminding Sean sentimentally of sunrises in New Zealand nearly a decade ago.

Viggo wishes him “Good Morning” and goes over to the window seat, his lean, naked body bathed in the glow.


Blood


Viggo sits in the window, washed in scarlet lake by the rising sun.

Sean thinks that here in Denmark he looks particularly Viking, especially bathed in blood like this and he tells Viggo so.

Viggo turns and smiles sadly at him,

“Which takes me back to my thoughts last night. Blood is the colour of death.”

Sean flings off the duvet and crosses the floor to Viggo, spinning him round and putting his arms round him, so that they face the sun together.

“No, Vig, it’s a bottle half empty or half full thing. Blood is the colour of life.