Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Viggo hosts a traditional Danish Christmas

Rated: R

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 1242 Read: 941

Published: 07 Aug 2009 Updated: 07 Aug 2009

Sean pulled into Viggo's driveway and saw from the cars parked there, that the others had already arrived.

He usually hated Christmas spent on location, half a world away from his family, but the cast had formed such close friendships so very quickly, that they had become his second family and he was looking forward to spending Christmas Eve with them.

Candles in jars lit the way up the path and clustered on the steps to the porch, while through the window, he could see the Fellowship, plus Ian and Liv, laughing together and hear the clink of glasses and the sound of Christmas carols in Danish, playing on the stereo.


He rang the bell, arms full of champagne and packages, and nearly dropped them, when Viggo opened the door.

Sean's heart skipped several beats at the sight before him. Viggo had wanted to prepare a traditional Danish Christmas Eve meal for his friends, as he said that traditions were very important in Denmark. Usually careless about his dress, tonight he had made an effort and was wearing tight black jeans and a wine-coloured silk shirt. He wore his hair dark and long in Aragorn?s style and Sean couldn't take his eyes away from Viggo's mouth, the scar on his upper lip, just visible amid Aragorn's stubble.

Green/blue/grey eyes *damn, what colour were his eyes?* sparkled mischievously as he drawled,

"Will you be coming in, then Sean, or were you planning to stand out here all night ?"

Startled, Sean came to his senses and followed his friend into the hall, where Viggo relieved him of his burdens and pushed him into the crowded living room. He noticed that although Viggo had dressed up for tonight, he was barefoot as usual. While following him down the hall, he also noticed how the jeans clung to his very tight buttocks.

*Fuck, what is happening to me? Sean Bean, ladies man and expert seducer, obsessed by his best mate's mouth , eyes and arse ! And his hands, my God, his hands !*

Viggo's hands were deftly placing Sean's packages round the magnificent tree, which was hung with small, intricately carved wooden ornaments and had real lighted candles, much to the dismay of Sean Astin, invariably addressed as Sam, by the entire Fellowship, who appeared to have launched into a lecture about health and safety, which was being ignored by all. Sean found the scent of pine and candle wax and the visual delights of the tree breathtaking, but he only had a moment to drink in the experience, before he was attacked by three wild hobbits and an elf, who hugged him until he was breathless and had to be forcibly removed by a dwarf, a wizard and an elf princess.

"The candles on the tree have to be real, Sam. It's tradition !"Viggo patiently explained.

Having been duly greeted, Sean felt a hand on his shoulder and turned, to dive back into Viggo's eyes again. He had a glass of something warm. Potent and fragrant pressed into his hand.

" What's this, Vig ? You know whisky is my tipple."

"This, Sean, is glugg. It's traditional. I insist ! "

Sean drank deeply and was reminded of carol singing as a boy in Sheffield.

"Mulled wine, Vig ?"

"Yes, wine and Aquavit, cinnamon, cloves and oranges !"

Sean drank again. He could grow to like this, especially with Viggo, standing so close and touching him, even if it was only his shoulder.

Viggo gave his shoulder a squeeze.

"I'm glad you made it, Sean. It's important to me that you are here tonight."

Sean knew that the warm glow he was experiencing was not only due to the strong drink, but Viggo pulled away to go and be a good host, ushering everybody to the table for the traditional Danish feast he had prepared.

It was a wonderful meal, crown roast, potatoes with dill, red cabbage and glazed mushrooms and lots of wine. Sean sat amid the shining tableware and the flickering candles, surrounded by warmth, good friends, laughter and conversation and wondered why he still couldn?t feel content.

Among a cast, who had all got on well immediately, he and Viggo had got on best of all. They were of a similar age, both had ex-wives and children, both liked a beer and both liked football. 'Real football' as Sean liked to call it. He valued his friendship with Viggo and loved him as a friend, but lately his feelings had been turning into something else, something which elated, frustrated and disturbed him at the same time.

It made him so happy to be able to work so closely with Viggo and be around him so much of the time, but it scared him shitless as well, because he was crap at relationships, wasn't he ? He had never been very successful in relationships with women and now he was attracted to his best mate and he wasn?t satisfied any more with just being friends, so it looked as if he was screwing that up as well, didn't it ? Tears pricked at his eyelids. *I must be drunk, I'm getting maudlin now !* Cheers and applause forced him out of his reverie, as Viggo carried in the dessert.

"This is traditional rice pudding with black cherries, but it has a secret. In the pudding there is a hidden almond, and the first person to find the almond, gets a special Christmas prize !

The desert was dished out and everyone searched excitedly in their portion for the almond, but nobody seemed to have it.

"You are such a tease, Filthy Human ," complained a very drunken elf ! "Don't believe you even put one in there !"

"Of course I did, prissy Elf. I told you, its tradition !"

Everyone retired to the living room to continue with traditional dancing around the tree, unwrapping of presents and drinking more traditional glugg until three hobbits and Orlando passed out in a heap, while Ian, Liv and John were carried off home by Sam the Sensible, the designated driver.

Sean got up, a little unsteadily and padded into the kitchen, intending to begin clearing up, but jumped, as Viggo sidled up behind him, resting his hands on Sean's hips. He could feel Viggo?s breath on the back of his neck as he whispered,

" Sean, would you like seconds of dessert ? There's just one portion left."

"Vig, I couldn't eat another thing?" He froze as he felt Viggo kiss the back of his neck and whisper into his ear.

"Sean, somebody has to get the almond and the prize. It's tradition !"

Holding his breath, Sean searched in the serving bowl and found the almond.

He turned and looked at Viggo's face, a few inches form his own. The lips curled into a wicked smile, reflected in his eyes.

"I cheated ! Do you want your prize now, Sean ?"

Sean woke up early on Christmas Day, in Viggo's arms, in Viggo's bed, with a slight hangover, but oh, such memories of the fierce kisses, hurried shedding of clothes, delicious exploration of each other's bodies, shared passion and finally a feeling of contentment.

"Merry Christmas," mumbled a drowsy Viggo, hugging him closer and wrapping his legs around him.

"Merry Christmas to you," he replied, then," Vig ?"

"Mmmmm?"

"Can we make waking up like this on Christmas Day a tradition ?"