Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Viggo had no idea how long he'd been sitting in the car parked right outside Sean's house.

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 625 Read: 763

Published: 07 Aug 2009 Updated: 07 Aug 2009

Viggo sat in the car, the darkness and the trails left on the windowshield by the pouring rain only adding to the cold he felt enveloping him. He was not sure though whether the cold was creeping into him from outside or was spreading from within him. He stared at the raindrops falling on the window. They looked like tears, like the tears he was unable to shed.

He had no idea as to how long he'd been sitting there, in the car parked right outside Sean's house, he only knew he was not leaving, period. But he was not going in either.

The house was dark, but he knew Sean was home, and he was sure Sean knew he was here, he'd seen his shadow behind the window. Passing, stopping to watch, moving away.

Well, he was not moving away. If he could not be inside that house, he wanted at least to be as close to it as he could. From the outside.

His cellphone rang, the sudden noise startling him. He checked the caller ID. Sean. His hand was shaking as he brought the phone to his ear.

"Why are you here?" Sean didn't even wait for Viggo to speak. "What do you want?" His tone was bitter, aggressive.

Viggo knew that there was pain behind that tone, anger. And the knowledge that he had been the cause of that devastated him.

"Nothing… everything. Shit, what am I supposed to say, Sean? I got myself a room at a hotel but I can't stay away from here. Sean, I'm so sorry…"

"Are you now? And is that supposed to make me feel better?" The anger burned in Sean's voice, the actor's honeyed tones raw now, like broken glass.

"What would make you feel better? Tell me Sean, whatever it takes I'll do it…"

"Really? Can you set back the time? Can you undo what you've done? Then take me back to before that morning when I opened the paper and saw a picture of you leaving a hotel with a woman. Blank out that photo and the juicy gossip that went with it. Tell me that never happened, Viggo, tell me it was not what it seemed. I'll believe you if you say so, you know that I will, poor pathetic fool that I am.."

Sean's irregular breathing was the only sound as time trickled by and silent tears rolled down Viggo's face.

"I thought so…" Sean whispered before cutting the line.

***

Viggo barely noticed when the grayish light of pre-dawn started creeping into the car. He was curled into a ball on the seat. Awake. Wondering if the pain would ever subside, wondering how Sean was coping, racking his brain to find a way out of the nightmare and back into his life. Would letting Sean beat him to a bloody pulp help? Physical pain would be nothing compared to the emptiness that was eating him from inside.

The passenger door opened and Sean sneaked in, the dripping jacket he'd used to cover his head showering Viggo with cold droplets before it was quickly dropped to the floor.

Viggo looked up. Facing the lines of pain he had etched on Sean's face felt like a knife twisting into an open wound. He wished he could wipe them out the way he would with color strokes on a canvas.

"Aren't you coming inside?" Sean asked, his eyes fixed on something only he could see in the grayish drizzle surrounding the car.

"No, I'm not allowed," Viggo replied.

"Says who?"

"Says me."

"Well, that house is mine and if I say you can come inside you bloody well do it."

"Sean?"

"Yes?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes Viggo, I am sure."