Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Coffee, he needed coffee...

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 884 Read: 933

Published: 07 Aug 2009 Updated: 07 Aug 2009

There... Viggo thought, satisfied, as his Hasselblad clicked softly, capturing forever the muted radiance of the rising sun. Done for today... The light would now change gradually into full daylight and that was not the effect he'd been seeking. He'd done well to stay up all night to catch the changing light from night into dawn. Now it was time to head home.

He rotated his neck, elated but tired. Coffee, he needed coffee... But he distinctly remembered using the last of his coffee yesterday. He pouted.. He was in no mood for coffee in a diner, even if he were to find one open so early. Then he brightened.. Sean! Sean would certainly have some coffee in his hyper-organized kitchen, instant if nothing else.

***

Sean groaned as the doorbell kept ringing. At first he'd thought it was the alarm clock and had futilely tried to turn it off before remembering that they were not shooting today and that he hadn't set it.

With a heartfelt curse he dragged himself off the bed and made for the front door. He opened it with a lot more energy than necessary, a scowl darkening his handsome features.

"Viggo?" he asked, astonished, as he found Viggo on his doorstep, a camera slung around his neck and a happy grin on his face. "Christ, what the fuck are you doing here man? It's practically still night!"

Sean stepped aside, allowing Viggo in. He rubbed a hand over his face as he closed the door behind his castmate and run his fingers through his hair, confused.

"What are you doing up so early, Vig? We're not working today, you should be in bed catching up on sleep..." The way I was trying to do... he wanted to add.

"Oh, I will.." Viggo answered, smiling cheerfully. "I've yet to go to sleep. Stayed up to take some pictures of the light changing.. Stop looking at me as if I were insane!" with a fond grin at Sean's astonished face, Viggo pushed him in the direction of the kitchen. "And make me a cup of coffee.. please.."

Sean groaned in disbelief. "Please, don't tell me you woke me up because you wanted coffee... Don't you have a home, Vig? A kitchen all of your own?"

"Yes, but I'm out of coffee.. C'mon Sean, don't be grumpy.." Viggo smiled his irresistible smile and Sean grumbled but got a tin of coffee out of the fridge and started spooning it into a filter.

"I'm spoiling you rotten, I know it.." he complained, turning on the coffee maker and fixing a stern green gaze on Viggo. "The things I do for you, my friend..."

Viggo just chuckled complacently. "You're not spoiling me. You don't even keep some mate in the house for me and you know it's my favorite drink."

"That swill?" Sean asked incredulously. "You want me to keep that swill in me own kitchen?"

Viggo laughed and reached out to take the mug of steaming coffee Sean had just filled for him.

"Don't be so damn British, Sean! You may not like mate but its origins go as far back in time as those of your tea or of this coffee. And you shouldn't underestimate its powers..."

"There's nothing wrong with being British, Vig, I am British and you won't catch me drinking that stuff. And I don't give a rat's arse about its magical powers. No..." he admonished, shaking a finger as Viggo opened his mouth to speak. "You're not giving me one of your lectures on mate now. You dragged me out of bed so that you could have coffee, so at least do me the favor of drinking it while it's hot."

***

Crazy bugger... Sean thought as he closed the door behind Viggo and went back to the kitchen to clean away coffee mugs and remains of toasts and eggs. He dumped everything in the sink and decided he'd better go back to bed. It was still fairly early and maybe he could catch another couple hours of sleep.

But sleep eluded him, he was now wide awake and there was no going back to the deep sleep he'd been enjoying before Viggo's arrival. With a muffled curse he sat up in bed and looked around for something to read, it was still too early to get up.

He picked up a magazine one of his girls had left lying around after their recent visit and started leafing through it. After a while he huffed, bored. He'd gone through half the magazine and all it talked about was dieting, exercising and make-up tricks... He was about to give up and throw it down to the floor when flipping a last page something caught his attention.

Herbal remedies to give you energy read the title on the top of the page, followed by a feature on a number of herbs, describing their effects, side-effects, dosages etc.

And of course it was there in all its glory... yerba mate...

And of course Sean found himself reading. After a few moments he raised his eyes from the page, saucer-eyed and gaping. Then he blushed, then he narrowed his eyes calculatingly. A faint smile hovered on his lips as he lowered his head and re-read what he magazine had to say about mate.