Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Viggo gets stuck in the river.

Rated: PG-13

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 563 Read: 611

Published: 07 Aug 2009 Updated: 07 Aug 2009

A mere three seconds after waking, Sean was already sighing with happiness. The morning sun was slanting through the trees, the birds were singing, the air was fresh, and... somebody was either shouting madly or yodeling. In New Zealand? What the--

He glanced at the sleeping bag beside him. It was empty.

Sean hurriedly unzipped the front of the tent and stumbled to his feet.

"FINALLY! What the hell took you? C'mere and help me, my foot's stuck!" Viggo was standing in the fast-flowing river, fully dressed, floundering and splashing about even though the water was only slightly up past his waist.

"Oh, bloody hell, Vig," Sean muttered, wading in gingerly. The river was an instant-nipple-crinkling degree of cold, and he only had shorts on. He plunged his arms into the water and started poking at Viggo's leg. "What are you doing in here anyw-- Hey! HEY!"

It was bad enough being dunked into cold water only minutes after waking up -- and Sean wasn't a morning person anyway -- but it was worse to see the dunker grinning wickedly when the dunkee finally came back up sputtering.

"Vig, you. Crazy. Fucker! The water's freezing!"

"Yeah, but you were mostly in it already, before I dunked you."

"Not funny. Fuck off." Sean's teeth started to chatter as he and the newly-freed Viggo quickly made their way back to the riverbank. Where there just happened to be two neatly-folded blankets sitting on a rock. Naturally, he hadn't noticed them in his rush to rescue his so-called friend from what he'd thought was actual peril.

Sean glared accusingly.

"About your foot. Pinned under a rock, was it?"

"For a second or two when I first went in, yes."

"I see. Could you wipe that smile off your face, please?"

"Ahhh! Nothing like a brisk wake-up to get the day started, eh? Wow, you're pretty cranky in the mornings."

"Hmmph."

"Here." In a conciliatory gesture, Viggo unwrapped a blanket and invitingly held it open. "This'll help warm you up. And I'll make tea and oatmeal, okay?"

Sean sighed. To be fair, the other guys had warned him about the perils of camping overnight with Viggo. He was just a shade too wacky for most people to handle. But Sean didn't mind wacky, so long as it was sincere and kind-hearted. Plus anything that could take his mind off the pending divorce -- even being dunked at 7am into very cold water by a clearly nutty co-worker -- was good right now.

And if nothing else, this could be very useful revenge material in the future.

"Okay. Thanks." He walked into the blanket, but before he could grab the corners to tuck it around, Viggo tucked himself around both the blanket and Sean. Tightly. Sean felt a momentary panic, as if he'd been dunked again -- which, in a way, he had. But the fleece was soft against his skin and Viggo's breathing was calm and the sun was kissing them as they stood there quietly; such moments just weren't made for agonizing or angsting or thinking. So Sean wrestled his arms free from the blanket and slid them around Viggo's soggy t-shirted back, getting a tightening somewhere else in response.

"Like I said, I've been waiting," mumbled Viggo, miniature rivers of cool water dripping from his hair onto Sean's suddenly-hot skin. "What took you so long?"