Summary: Unbeknown to everyone, even Viggo himself, Viggo's dormant Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) surfaces, making Sean become caught between the real Viggo's pure love and his Alter's dark and twisted sense of love in a dangerous relationship that could destroy them both. The other cast members end up becoming caught in Viggo's battle as well, most noticeably Orli, Ian and Liv.

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: AU, Psychological cruelty

Challenges:

Series: Breaking Point

Chapters: 15 Completed: No

Word count: 33187 Read: 14176

Published: 29 Jul 2009 Updated: 29 Jul 2009

Story Notes:
AU
The Alter eyed Sean closely from where he was sitting across from him at the table in the pub. He looked tired, sad and was steadily getting drunk. He hadn't known Sean for very long - being the last one to arrive on set he hadn't met Sean 'til just a few weeks before. From the first day The Alter had felt drawn to the slightly younger blond man who had finally broken him free from the prison the man called Viggo kept him in. Now with each passing day The Alter gained control more and more often when Sean was around. The Alter was smart and free of any boundaries. Free from any mortal dilemmas and without any conscience to tie his desires down. The Alter knew that a psychologist would call him the submerged and dark persona of a person suffering from Dissociative Identity Disorder but The Alter would never allow Viggo to know of him because if he did Viggo would get medicated and he - The Alter - would die. No, he had waited so long to finally be able to break free - and free he would be.
The Alter knew that Viggo, the one who normally had control of this body, also felt drawn to Sean. Viggo’s infatuation was pure and clean, like spring water. The Alter’s wasn’t. Viggo had quickly become Sean’s best friend and confidante, a constant source of help and support. Unknowingly, his good deeds helped The Alter grow in strength as Viggo was so comfortable around Sean that he let his guard down, unconsciously easing the way for The Alter. Whenever he was in control of the body he would try as often as he could to isolate Sean from the other cast members to keep Sean’s focus on himself. Those glimpses of freedom, of full control that The Alter had, now came more and more often and Viggo never knew, didn’t want to know.

Sean had always been friendly and polite around Viggo, but guarded. When Sean thought he was unobserved his green eyes betrayed his sadness. These secret moments, barely glimpsed from across a room or across the set awakened Viggo's compassion and need to help. Viggo’s generosity and helpful nature also worked to The Alter’s advantage, giving him an opening in Viggo's emotional walls that he could chip away at.

The Alter had asked around and been told that Sean had just come through his third divorce. That news had been sweet music to his ears. Not only did it mean that Sean was free but it also meant that he was vulnerable and therefore a lot easier to influence. In these past few weeks The Alter had studied Sean closely, learned all he could about him and found him…simply perfect. The Alter had to own such a man. He had long been waiting for just the right moment to take his relationship with Sean to the next level, had waited for Viggo’s hold on the body they shared to lessen so he, The Alter, could finally break out. Tonight seemed to offer an obvious opportunity.

“I’ll go get one more. Anyone want one?” Dom asked and tried to get out from where he sat closest to the wall in their booth, having to get past both Billy and Lij to do so. After some falling into their laps he managed to get out and stand somewhat steadily on his feet and grinned at them. As they often did after shooting, most of the Fellowship had gone out to drink and also, as often before, the only one who hadn’t showed up was John.

“I’ll take one more,” Billy said. Ian pointed at his still half filled glass as did Lij.

“I’ll go with you,” Orli offered, clearly wanting another drink.

“One more for me,” Sean asked, emptying his drink in one large gulp.

Orli and Dom looked uncertain. He had been drinking pretty heavily tonight and unlike most other nights, Viggo hadn’t tried to hold him back and the others had been too kind and sympathetic to interfere…or perhaps had thought that maybe getting drunk would help their friend get over his ruined marriage.

“No more for you. It’s not good for you,” The Alter suddenly spoke, surprising the others as he had been quiet, almost thoughtful for most of the night. The rest of the cast thought it was simply normal Viggo behavior, not knowing that the man behind the eyes wasn’t Viggo, but The Alter who had lived hidden inside for so long.

“I want one more,” Sean insisted, his voice sloppy, his eyes blank and his almost childish whine betraying that he were indeed drunk.

The Alter smiled gently in pretended sympathy for Sean’s condition but was secretly pleased for in this state Sean would be much easier to mould to his desires.
“No. Come, I’ll take you home,” The Alter stood as he spoke and waved Sean to stand up.

“Don’t want to go,” Sean complained but stood up anyway. He stood a little insecurely on his feet as he got out from the table and Viggo took his elbow to steady him.

“See you later,” Orli said after them as he and Dom went to get their drinks.

The Alter didn’t reply just waved at them over his shoulder as he held Sean close with his other hand.

Sean didn’t say much as The Alter got him into the passenger seat and drove off, though he did insist repeatedly that he wasn’t drunk and he could hold his liquor. The Alter just smiled good-natured as if humoring a child but didn’t comment. He parked next to his house and helped Sean up the stairs to the front door.

Sean began to search his pockets for his key when Viggo put a key in the lock and opened the door. Happy to be freed of the key finding task Sean walked inside and heard Viggo close and lock the door behind him. Sean carefully walked further into the room until he suddenly stopped. This wasn’t his room…this wasn’t his house. In the small livingroom lay piles of paper, small drawings and a lot of photographs all around. His eyes widened as he saw that almost all of the photos were of him. He bent to look closer at the photos lying on the table. Most of them he hadn’t even known Viggo had taken. He frowned a bit as he saw that many of the photos showed him in very private and intimate moments…some even showed him sleeping. Moments where he had thought he had been alone…

“Come,” Viggo’s voice broke into his thoughts as he walked past him and towards another room.

The Alter had managed to gain control a few times and had used those moments to the fullest, stealing images of Sean that he knew Viggo would never take without permission. Yes, his hold was indeed getting stronger and Viggo still did not know of him.

Sean frowned as he saw the photographs. What had he been thinking? His alcohol soaked mind tried to grab hold of the thought again but it kept slipping past him. Oh, well…probably wasn’t anything important. Without questioning he followed Viggo into the other room. A small light was already lit and he stopped dead in his tracks as he saw a solitary bed in the room. An unfamiliar bed. A door to the right side of the bed led to a bathroom just like in the house he had…but this wasn’t his house. A cold shiver ran down his back for a reason he couldn’t explain.

“Vig…what’s going on here?” Sean wanted to know, confused. Viggo smiled at him and instinctually Sean found himself smiling back, forgetting his fear. This was Viggo, his friend. The man who had been there for him since he had arrived, his companion who always looked after him.

“I thought it was best you sleep here, in my house tonight,” The Alter explained, his voice reasonable, as if this really was so obvious Sean shouldn’t have had to ask. He knew Sean thought he was Viggo and this was his key to success. No one could know he was in fact The Alter; identical in looks, locked in the same body, but mentally as far apart as any could be.

Sean wanted to ask why but then found he really didn’t care. If Viggo thought it were best he obviously had a good reason to think so…besides some sleep would probably do him good.
“Okay,” Sean agreed, though Viggo had already disappeared out into the livingroom again, not waiting for his reply.

“You take the bathroom first,” Viggo called from the livingroom and Sean nodded, beginning to strip. Something about this made small warning bells go off in his mind…something about there being a breakdown in logic somewhere but his alcohol clouded mind couldn’t hold the thought and so instead he did the easiest thing; what he was told.

Sean stripped down to his boxers, went to the bathroom and then got into bed. He sighed in satisfaction and closed his eyes briefly before he wondered if he should tell Viggo that the bathroom was ready. Before he had made up his mind Viggo moved through the almost totally dark room, like a predator stalking his prey, so quickly gone into the bathroom that Sean had barely registered him. Satisfied that that was taken care of, he again closed his eyes.

He must have dozed off because the next thing he felt was someone’s arms around him. Instinctively Sean moved in closer until his conscious mind caught up with his actions and he tried to draw back but the arms that held him were a lot stronger than any pair of arms that had ever embraced him before. He opened his eyes to look up and into a well-known face. Viggo’s seemingly sleeping face. He forced himself to relax. Viggo was his friend and he didn’t want to ruin that friendship by overstepping any boundaries, especially not the unwritten rule that if you had to share a bed with your friend you stayed far away from each other.

Sean lay still, stiff, wondering how to draw back without hurting Viggo’s feelings. His thoughts on this began to make small drops of sweat appear on his forehead as Viggo’s silence lasted. Suddenly Viggo shifted and drew Sean closer, lying so his left leg was forcing its way between Sean’s. Sean pressed his legs together but when the pressure increased he let his legs fall apart just enough for Viggo’s leg to lie between them. His pulse had quickened and he tried desperately to keep his breathing under control. Viggo still seemed to be asleep and he couldn’t see the clock from where he lay so he didn’t know how long he had dozed off, to tell if it was even possible for Viggo to already be asleep.

He lay totally motionless, trying to ignore the way his alcohol-infected body was reacting to his friend’s nearness. He had never been with a man, had never thought about it and still didn’t. However it had been a long time since he had been with anyone, he was feeling warm, his mind was still clouded with alcohol and it was giving this night a very unreal shine. Watching Viggo’s face closely he tried to move out from his grip and towards the other end of the bed, but as soon as he had moved a little Viggo seemed to shift in his sleep and pulled him closer. Sean held his breath, praying Viggo wouldn’t wake up. Then as Viggo turned, his left hand came to lie on Sean’s stomach, his right arm around his neck. The air seemed heavy and Sean suddenly felt like it was too hot. His body was fighting between a primal arousal at the nearness and a protest over the heat and uncomfortable and awkward situation. Sean lay still again, trying to breathe normally as suddenly Viggo’s hand seemed to move further down his stomach. Sean gave a wordless gasp as Viggo’s hand went still farther, lying on the waistband of his boxers. There was no denying his body's excited reaction to this, Viggo is his bed wrapped around him, the hand drifting further and further down his body; that was for sure. He hoped Viggo didn’t wake up, began to mumble over and over again that Viggo shouldn’t wake up. Of course, with his luck Viggo’s eyes flashed open just as Sean again tried to move out of his grasp, making Viggo’s hand move all the way down and feel his erection. Sean blushed and wished the bed would eat him alive. Viggo smiled at him and if he didn’t know better Sean would have sworn there was satisfaction in those eyes.

“I’m…I’m sorry…” Sean mumbled and carefully avoided Viggo’s eyes. He tried to move away again but Viggo moved his right arm to put it around his chest and pulled him closer. Before Sean had time to think Viggo’s lips were covering his own, pressing closer. In surprise Sean’s lips were closed but Viggo’s tongue demanded access and when Sean kept his lips together Viggo bit down on his lower lip, hard enough to draw blood. In pain and surprise Sean opened his mouth and let Viggo in. The kiss was hard and demanding and only ended when Viggo pulled back, leaving Sean out of breath and surprised at how much his body had reacted to the kiss.

“You could just have asked me, y’know,” The Alter mumbled as his hands moved down to get Sean’s boxers off him, satisfied that Sean showed no hints of knowing that it was he, The Alter, and not Viggo, who was about to claim him, own him. Just the thought excited The Alter even more.

Before Sean had time to think this through he lay naked in Viggo’s arms, being touched everywhere. Something in him warned him that this was wrong; this was his best friend for crying out loud! But Viggo’s skilled hands soon had his body react without question forcing any rational thought out of his mind as he came with small unintelligent noises.

For a moment Viggo’s warmth and touch disappeared and Sean blinked, confused, his eyes heavy with lust and want as Viggo reached over to take something from the nightstand drawer. His arousal and the lingering affects of the alcohol left Sean in a soft haze, and he was not sure what was going on until suddenly he felt something invade his body. One finger, two…then three. Fast and hard after each other, slippery with whatever Viggo had gotten from the drawer. The invasion was too sudden, too fast and too painful for him to even try and get used to it and he made a move to try and get up, feeling panic begin to rise in him.

“Viggo,” he began, trying to find a nice way to ask him to stop. Before he had time to say more Viggo interrupted him.

“So impatient,” he said with a small laugh and the painful pressure disappeared as Viggo withdrew his fingers. Sean breathed in relief until suddenly something much larger was placed at his entrance and before he had time to move or even panic, a sharp pain tore through him, replacing all other feelings. He let out a scream in pain, tears forcing their way down his cheeks. Viggo reached up and covered his mouth with a hand.

“Not so loud, baby,” he demanded, keeping his hand over Sean’s mouth as he moved in and out with hard thrusts, more like one making a claim than making love.

Sean couldn’t find any feeling beyond the pain, felt it tear through him. Then, very slowly as Viggo began touching him again, the familiar feeling began to bring arousal back to him and fight the pain. Despite the pain, which though it had lessened a little was still present, arousal, need, want and the alcohol made his mind let go a little and drove him on until he came. Only then did Viggo remove the hand covering his mouth, and exhausted Sean fell back onto the sheets. Now the hurt returned as Viggo still moved inside him but before it got too bad he felt Viggo shake as he came inside him and he fell down to lay heavily on Sean’s chest before he pulled out of him and rolled over, taking Sean with him as he did so.

Sean drew his breath in heavy gasps, trying to understand what had just happened. Had he just come on to Viggo? He frowned a bit. He didn’t think he had. God, he still hurt but now exhaustion was the most dominate sensation he was feeling and though he wanted to think this through, wanted to escape Viggo’s embrace, he found himself lying with his head on Viggo’s chest, Viggo’s arms around him.

“Mine,” he heard Viggo whisper as he held him close. Sean was torn between feeling angry at that comment and finding it…sweet somehow. Too tired to do anything he simply felt his eyelids grow heavy and he closed his eyes. His last thought being that he really wasn’t looking forward to morning because he had no idea what had just happened and therefore no idea how to fix whatever it was he had just done.