Summary: Sean and Viggo have a little disagreement about what would have happened if Boromir had survived.

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: Power Struggle

Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes

Word count: 5776 Read: 2351

Published: 06 Aug 2009 Updated: 06 Aug 2009

"What would have happened if Boromir had survived? What do you think?"

The intonation is sharp, attacking, and by the look in Seans provoking green eyes Viggo can tell the tension smouldering throughout the day is about to go up in flames.

Peter cancelled the filming of Boromirs death-scene with a discontented look at Sean, putting it off for tomorrow and far from pleased with the delay, Sean and Viggo sit on the grass in the little garden in front of Viggo's terrace, drinking beer and discussing the script and the characters like so many times before. In spite of their mostly concurrent opinions an edgy undertone crept in their conversation.

And now this question.

"Why?" Viggo shrugs, casting intrigued looks over Sean's face. "You see any problem? While he dies in Aragorn's arms he confesses he would have followed him, true to him as to his king. Do you think he's lying?"

Sean is shifting in his seat, unconsciously licking his lips.

"Boromir never lies." Pride and indignation add a metallic colour to his voice. "But to let him die is a foul trick of Tolkien, only to evade the inevitable conflicts between Boromir and Aragorn."

"What?" Viggo is astonished at the passion he hears in the Englishman's voice. Sometimes one of the elder, more intellectual actors - like Ian Mc Kellen, Christopher Lee or John Rhys-Davies - dares to criticize the script, comparing it to the original book to measure its quality.

But to accuse Tolkien himself... ?

"Come on, man, it's hardly the bible now is it," he says, waving away whatever comments Viggo had poised on his lips. "How exciting is a fight between good and evil when you already know who the villain is simply by the sheer ugliness of the figure, like the orcs for example? The only really interesting conflicts left are the ones within the fellowship itself. Like Frodo's doubts in Sam when he is misled by Gollum's intrigues. Or... ," Sean adds slyly, "... the competition between Aragorn and Boromir."

Viggo never noticed before how dark the vocals are rolling in "Boromir", threatening like rumble of thunder.

And again the defiant look, forehead high.

"And instead of dealing with this rivalry in honour," Sean continues with grim determination, "and allowing the characters to unfold gradually, the confrontation is cowardly avoided and Boromir must bite the dust. I bet the few scenes when Aragorn and Boromir have it out with each other will end up littering the rubbish bin of the cutting room, leaving nothing much of Boromir's resistance against this ranger who just happened along." Sean snorts with contempt and cools his heated tongue with a large gulp of beer.

"If that's the way you see it I'm not surprised you simply couldn't bring yourself to act Boromir's surrender in the moment of his death... " Viggo grins, Sean frowns and grumbles.

Every time the cameras were working and Sean had to say the words: "I would have followed you... my brother... my captain... .my king, " his face contorted in the same disgust and scorn he displayed so very well in the scene of the Council of Rivendell, his full sarcasm evident in every twitch of the corner of his mouth.

Sean is an extraordinary talented actor and his failure to portray Boromir's surrender is clearly not the result of a lack of ability but of his inner resistance against this change in Boromir's attitude towards Aragorn.

"Or... " Sean doesn't answer and Viggo proceeds further on dangerous terrain, "... has there been another reason for your problems during the filming... ?" A sneaky whisper enters Viggo's voice. "Besides your objections to Boromirs too quick and easy submission?"

Sean swallows. Viggo smiles, his tongue plays behind his teeth, wily crinkles curl around his eyes.

Viggo knows exactly he can't expect an answer other than growling and grumbling. His remark hints to the hard bulge he felt between Sean's legs even through layers of cloth and leather as he leant over Sean repeatedly, rubbing deliberately but discreetly against him... His own erection blossomed right from the start during the first take: as soon as he had beheaded the Uruk-hai, run to Sean-Boromir with fast jumps and thrown himself over the man who lay on his back, panting fast and heavy.

"Ow!" Sean complained because Viggos hard knee hit his inner thigh.

"Spread your legs wider," Viggo admonished and in an instant he saw flying red spill all over Seans cheeks, his eyes winking with awkwardness.

Long before Viggo's brain could grasp the meaning of this reaction his cock had its own interpretation ready and stretched out, curious for more.

During each of the following takes - and there were many, countless many takes - Viggo took a little bit more advantage of his position, feeling Seans body beneath him, stroking Seans cheeks, holding Seans chin and neck tenderly with both hands, his fingertips caressing the delicate spot behind Sean's ears... Sean's scowl deepened when this intrusive behaviour got directorial approval, because Peter wanted to emphasize the bonding of the brothers in arms.

There was no way that Sean could have missed the intent behind his teasing. Sean's increasingly bad temper during the shooting had to do with Viggo's shameless delight while he touched and cuddled Sean - but Sean was obviously not in the mood to comment upon this.

Instead, he snapped: "Aragorn wouldn't have had the slightest chance to claim the throne of Gondor! Who would have wanted him? Boromir was a celebrated hero. He had fought triumphantly for his people, he had worked for Gondor since his early youth, while Aragorn hid away in the woods, denying who he was! Do you believe the people of Gondor would have accepted a stranger who on top of everything brought a she-elf as queen? Do you think they would ever have preferred him to Boromir whom they knew and highly respected?"

Viggo agrees with him silently, but Sean's arrogance is beginning to rub him the wrong way.

"You forget that Gondor wasn't a democracy, Sean," replies Viggo matter-of-factly. "The wishes of the people wouldn't have mattered or they certainly wouldn't have allowed a delusional psychotic to reign as Steward for all those years. "He hears the sharp intake of breath and knows he 's scored a point in whatever strange game Sean is playing. "The people of Gondor would not have chosen between Boromir and Aragorn... the two of them would more than likely have settled this among themselves... "

"I see. And how pray tell would Boromir and Aragorn have settled the question?"

"With a fair wrestling match."

He was ridden by the devil to suggest that. But his desire to feel Sean pressed up against him once more, to roll over the ground with him, and also the increasing want to try his strength and fighting skills with Sean tempt him to challenge the other man.

Many times before he has used "rugbytackles" as an excuse to make contact with Sean's tempting musculature.

"So, you want to fight, Aragorn?" Sean stands up and begins to rid himself of his T-shirt:

"OK!"