Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Some sad news makes Viggo and Sean realise that time is marching on.

Rated: R

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 1328 Read: 659

Published: 06 Aug 2009 Updated: 06 Aug 2009

"Answer... phone..."

“What the fuck!” Viggo muttered and stared in disbelief at the last two words he had written. Words that had absolutely no place in a poem inspired by the way Sean‘s eyes glittered when he smiled. Well, considering the incredible phone sex they had indulged in earlier that evening, maybe the connection was not all that obtuse, Viggo thought as he let the phone ring out again.

Although he had set the volume of the tone to its lowest level, and left the receiver out on the kitchen bench for good measure while he worked, the muted ring tone was becoming even more distracting than had he been able to hear it clearly. Of course, he could just as easily have left the phone off the hook, but in the interests of family harmony, he had promised his ‘away at college’ son and his currently long distance lover that he would resist the temptation to do that. Neither of the two most important people in his life enjoyed speaking to the answering machine version of Viggo, nor saw the point of having such modern technology at all since days could go by before he bothered to check his messages anyway.


Viggo glared in the direction of the kitchen and dared the persistent caller to ring again.

“Brr...brrr....“ The challenge was answered.

Throwing his pen, his journal and all attempts at writing poetry aside, Viggo now set his creativity to working on the obscenities required to voice his displeasure at being so rudely interrupted. Striding purposefully into the kitchen Viggo snatched up the receiver and shouted into the offensive piece of plastic without even checking the caller ID.

“Leave me the fuck alone!” The voice of Aragorn was cold and hard as if he was speaking directly to Sauron.

“Vig?”

Shit, it was Sean and something was wrong! There was a tremble in the voice he heard in just that single word and even over the distance between them, Viggo could hear his lover was close to tears.

“Yeah, sorry about that Sean, I was busy writing. I wasn‘t expecting you to call back so soon.” Viggo’s voice was soft and gentle as his caresses and filled with all his love and concern although his heart was beating rapidly with anxiety. He knew Sean must be on the set, and normally would not call from there unless there was some kind of emergency. Had one of the girls had an accident? Had Sean received some bad news at the annual check up he had told Viggo he had an appointment for this morning?

“Oh, sorry Vig, didn’t mean to disturb you. I just needed to hear your voice.“ There was an undeniable hitch, as if fighting back a sob, and Viggo sensed his lover was having a difficult time keeping himself together. Sean needed him.

“I’m here for you, love. What happened?” Viggo silently cursed that tender words of encouragement were the best comfort he could offer. A small, shuddering sigh and a slightly stronger voice told him it was enough for now.

“Remember me mate Jim... from Sheffield?” Sean asked, and Viggo could almost feel the heat of unshed burning those gorgeous green eyes.

“Yeah, the one who drank you under the table the after the Blades won the match you took me to? How could I forget?” Jim and Sean had been friends forever, at least that was how Sean always described the relationship that had began from the first day they started school together. Viggo had heard many tales of their youthful adventures, but had only met the guy once and it had indeed been a memorable occasion. Naturally Sean had been deliriously happy when his team won by three goals, and his lifetime friend, who had moved overseas to work, had unexpectedly turned up at the pub. The drinking had taken on epic proportions that had even surprised Viggo. As had the fact that Sean, although comprehensibly pissed had suffered his defeat with little protest, offering the winner a very warm embrace and even a rather passionate kiss on the lips. Nothing like the ones he exchanged with Viggo later in bed, of course, but a mark of his deep affection for Jim.

“Bloody hell, don’t want to think it let alone say it.”

“Tell me.“ Viggo coaxed gently, dreading to hear what he guessed was coming.

“Fuckin’ heart attack. Funeral is the day after tomorrow.” So typical of Sean when he was hurting badly to use so few words.

“Oh Sean, I am so sorry.“ The anger and grief he knew Sean was feeling tore at Viggo’s heart and he wanted nothing more than to take his lover in his arms and hold him close, to be there to make the hurt go away.

“Yeah. Me too. Jim was a year younger than me, you know. He and Susan had so little time together it made me realise just how much I miss you.” So, not only was Sean grieving for his friend, Viggo realised, but thoughts of his own mortality had reared their ugly head. Thought Viggo had to admit that had begun to occur to him as well as he neared his half-century. Jim was only one of several friends in their age bracket who had passed away in recent years. Lives not lived to the full were very disconcerting to Viggo, and he decided a reassessment of his and Sean’s priorities was called for.

“I know, and I miss you too, Sean. We are too far apart, far too often and I think it’s about time to rectify that problem. We can talk about it more tomorrow. I’ll be on the first available flight.“ Viggo insisted, not entirely successful in his attempt to forestall the protest he expected Sean to make about interrupting the creative time alone that the artist had asked his ever understanding lover to grant rather than accompany him to London. Viggo was determined to make certain this would be the first issue addressed.

“Aye, you‘re right, but you needn‘t bother coming over here. I‘ll be okay. Stay and finish your work.” A magnanimous gesture considering the situation, but Viggo heard the lie beneath the words. Sean was not really okay.

“No argument, Sean. There is nothing in my studio, or anywhere else for that matter that can not wait to be done another day. However, until I get there I want you to do something for me. Are you in the bedroom?”

“Aye, you know I would do anything for you, love. Well, almost anything. I’m not really in the mood for phone sex.” Was that a hint of a smile Viggo heard in Sean's voice? He certainly hoped so.

“I know babe, sex is not what I had in mind, at least until I can fuck you through the matrass in person. Turn the phone onto the speaker and then go put on that blue sweater you bought me for my birthday.”

“Okay.” Viggo heard the sounds of footsteps on the stairs, the closet being opened and a muffled thump when the phone was dropped as Sean pulled the sweater over his head. “Mmm, still smells like you, I can almost imagine you are in the room.” Viggo loved the rich, sexy timbre of Sean’s romantic voice, the voice reserved for him alone. This was not the bedroom voice that would have had Viggo hard already, but the voice of his lover.

“Good, that’s the idea. Close your eyes and wrap your arms around yourself and let your mind believe it’s me holding you like I so desperately want to right now,“ he whispered, letting Sean hear nothing but love and devotion in his own voice.

“No need to imagine, love. No way I could ever forget exactly how good it feels to be in your arms.”