Summary: Viggo suffers some anxious moments after Sean is injured in an accident at home.

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: The Attic

Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes

Word count: 2925 Read: 1554

Published: 06 Aug 2009 Updated: 06 Aug 2009

"I have to be honest Mr Mortensen, aside from the fact that the unit is obsolete and parts hard to replace, it would also be an expensive exercise. Probably be cheaper for you to buy a new machine, especially since the remote control is damaged as well," the service technician explained, handing Viggo the crushed plastic rectangle the repairman naturally assumed someone had accidentally stepped on.

That certainly appeared to be the case, and Viggo was not going to disavow him of this reasonable but totally incorrect deduction. The thing had been crushed all right, but under body rather than under foot. Sean had thrown the device onto the floor in disgust when he could not get the DVD player to work one night. Forced to find another form of entertainment for the evening, Viggo, feeling lust rather than anger, had done much the same to his lover, when Sean’s teasing tongue, bone melting kisses, and roving hands suggested a very pleasurable alternative. Viggo’s response only added fuel to the already burning need and desire and the lovers had fallen to the floor and fucked each other into oblivion, crushing the remote under the combined weight of their writhing bodies. It was only when Viggo was taking Sean from behind as they showered that he noticed the bruising on his lover’s back caused by the broken control pad.

"Okay, so a new DVD player it is, how hard can that be?" Viggo asked himself having decided a trip to the electrical goods store was in order. Not as simple a task as he first thought, he realised as he browsed the amazing variety of brands, prices and ’extra’ features on offer. Feeling a little overwhelmed by the choices, Viggo briefly considered calling Henry to ask his advice, but just as he was about to dial the number a young sales assistant approached. The young man, who Viggo decided was probably not much older than Henry, turned out to be extremely knowledgeable and, like most of the younger generation, far more technically aware than many of their elders. In no time at all, Viggo was the proud owner of a DVD player best suited to his and Sean’s needs and the assurance that it would be simple to install. Of course, there was no guarantee that the remote control would withstand a similar pounding to the last one, he and Sean would just have to make sure the device was out of harm’s way the next time they made love on the living room floor.

Ignoring the empty carton and the plastic packaging that was strewn over the living room floor, Viggo sat back on his heels and proudly admired his handiwork. The brand new DVD player now stood housed in the entertainment unit and if he had followed the instructions correctly, it was all hooked up and ready to be tested.

Normally he would leave the installation of any electrical equipment to Sean or Henry, but that was not an option this time since his son was away at college and Sean wasn’t due back in the USA for another four days. Viggo supposed he could have waited for Sean, but he wanted to surprise his lover with his newly found technical prowess. "That’s not all you want to surprise him with, you can hardly wait to get him naked," snickered the voice of his libido, a notion eagerly seconded by the raised member in his jeans.

Ignoring the discomfort for the moment, but promising a nice long phone sex session with Sean to relieve the tension later that evening, Viggo turned on the TV. He picked up the DVD remote and was just about to tune in the player when the picture on the news caught his eye. A reporter was standing in front of the home he and Sean shared in London.

"What the fuck!" Viggo wondered, his heart beginning to race with anxiety as he watched the scene taking place in the background. A man looking frighteningly like Sean, was laying on the front lawn being treated by paramedics whilst some kind of emergency crew was roping a tarpaulin over part of the roof.

"No one is sure how it happened, but it is believed that the roof of the attic caved in and fell on Mr Bean, who was apparently attempting some repairs to a skylight damaged in last night’s hail storm. He was not found until this morning when one of his daughters came to visit. There is no word on his condition as yet, but as you can see, he has been placed in a neck brace and given an IV drip," the woman said indicating the unmoving body on the ambulance stretcher. Viggo’s face tuned white with shock and his blood ran cold with fear when he saw all the medical equipment attached to his lover. He could see the reporter trying to talk to a very distraught Molly who was refusing to let go of Sean’s hand, and he cursed the woman for her lack of sensitivity.

"Leave them alone!" Viggo screamed in anguish, tears falling freely as he tried to touch Sean’s face through the hard and unfeeling glass of the TV screen. "Hang in there babe, I’m coming to be with you. I love you. Fuck!" Viggo shouted his frustration when the picture changed abruptly as the next news item and he flicked through the channels hoping to find another broadcast of the incident. He needed to know more, to know everything that had happened, but apparently there was no more coverage to be seen.

Knowing his place was at Sean’s side, and fuck everything else, Viggo grabbed for his phone. He dialled his agent, cancelled all his engagements for the next three months and then arranged a ticket on the first available flight to England. It only took him a few minutes to fill his backpack with the bare essentials he always travelled with and Viggo was heading for the door when his phone rang. At first he was not willing to answer, but a part of his aching heart begged for Sean to be on the other end, while his head and the caller ID told him it was not so. He answered the call anyway. The person on the other end would have probably already heard about Sean‘s accident.

"Hey Vig." A subdued Orlando, his voice choked with tears and Viggo knew the other man was probably just as scared for Sean’s life as he was. The three were close friends, but there was a special bond of affection between the younger and elder Brit, Orlandos’ feelings for Sean running deep, but Viggo knew he had no cause to feel jealous because it was he Sean loved with all his heart.

"Have you seen him Orli?" Viggo asked, the unspoken words really meaning, please tell me he is OK.

"No, but I am already on my way to the hospital. What the fuck! You idiot!" The sudden change in conversation told Viggo that Orlando was behind the wheel. His lips curved into a reluctant smile at the sound of a car horn and a few well-chosen obscenities as Orlando dealt with the traffic and other drivers.

"Mind the road Orlando, I don’t want you in hospital too!"

"Don’t worry, I’ll be careful and I am sure Sean will be OK Vig. I doubt there is much damage anything can do to that thick-headed Northern bastard." A weak attempt at humour, and not very reassuring but Viggo allowed Orlando his own kind of comfort without comment.

"How the fuck can I not worry, we’re thousands of miles apart," and Viggo growled his frustration.

"But you’ve booked a flight, yeah? What time do you want me to pick you up?" Orlando asked confidently as if he expected nothing less from his friend. Viggo felt his eyes prickle with tears. His young friend had a heart of gold and he loved him for it

"7 o’clock in the morning, but I can catch a cab to the hospital. You stay with Sean." Orlando’s long suffering sigh was laced with exasperation and a hint of longing for what might have been had Sean not fallen in love with Viggo.

"Viggo we both know it’s you he will need and I am sure his girls can take care of him until you arrive. I’ll see you in the morning. Want me to give him a nice sloppy kiss for you?" There was a definite smile in Orlando’s voice and Viggo knew he was being teased.

"Only on the cheek Elf, he’s mine!" Orlandos’ laughter was just the tonic Viggo needed. "See you tomorrow and Orli?"

"Yeah, I’ll call you as soon as I see him. Let you know how he's doing."


"Thanks."

"Now get your filthy human ass over here!"

The advice was easy to follow because that was exactly what Viggo intended to do.