Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Follows "Being Had".

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: No

Word count: 657 Read: 819

Published: 06 Aug 2009 Updated: 06 Aug 2009

Viggo's been wandering around on the rocks for a good half-hour or so, watching the ebb and flow of water in the tide-pools formed by the crevices and canyons between the boulders. Sometimes the waves bring in interesting animals - crabs, starfish, bits of coral - and sometimes, if a breaker crashes with extra force, he gets a faceful of cold foam.

Through the haze of his distraction and the thunder of the ocean, he can sometimes hear Ian and Sean talking to each other, Sean's voice rising in disbelief and indignation, and Ian's light laughter answering back. He grins to himself and shakes his head, winces as seawater gets in his eyes, wonders what they're going on about - whatever it is has got Sean riled.

Ian's pretty good at doing that - getting under your skin and stuck in your craw. Viggo's had some go-rounds with him, too, although, he thinks smugly, he got the better of their last exchange. They'd been talking about on-set relationships, the ones that worked and the ones that didn't, and Ian had said something about Viggo and Sean that had almost made Viggo spit out a mouthful of water.

"I don't own him, Ian, for crying out loud."

"I didn't say you own him. You have him. That's entirely different."

"Whatever, O Master of Semantics..."

"You don't believe me, do you?" Ian had smiled benignly upon him through the screen of Gandalf's beard. "Maybe you'll come 'round to it on your own."

So that had been that, and Viggo thinks that Ian's seen the error of his ways. With that settled, he leaves off thinking about crazy wizards and crazier conversations and resumes his study of the rocks. There's a red anemone in one, its tendrils waving with the current, and, delighted with his find, Viggo shouts for Sean to come over and see it with him.

He watches as Sean flows to his feet and, ever-fastidious, brushes sand off his clothes (and, with the way the wind is blowing, onto Ian), and starts in his direction. And Sean's about halfway to him, face painted with amused resignation at having to go see what his crazy lover has dug up, when Viggo realizes it.

I have him.

Viggo can't help grinning, although he thinks he should be irritated because Ian's started laughing like the evil genius he is, and Sean's standing there looking confused, with waves lapping at his toes.

After a few seconds, Sean seems to come to a decision, shrugs, and clambers up onto the rocks with a halfheartedly gruff, "I hope it's dead, mate." And they're kneeling there, looking at the anemone waving up at them, and Sean is close and salt-scented and warm. Viggo leans against him a bit, liking the solidity and heat of Sean's body, the way Sean leans into him in turn so they can support each other.

He reflects on this a moment, and something occurs to him... He knows it's a good thought, because he can feel himself grinning, and it's too good a thought to keep to himself, and there's a rapidly-building need to do something about it. Sean, of course, sees the look on his face and understands it, sighs, and resigns himself once more to chaos. But Viggo doesn't have much planned - he only needs to set someone straight.

"Hey, wizard!" Viggo calls over the rumble of the ocean. He sees Ian turn to look at him, waits a moment, can almost see Ian's eyebrow arch.

"What is it, O Man?" Ian calls in reply, when it seems like Viggo isn't going to say anything more.

"You're wrong, Ian!" And Viggo shouts it to Ian, to the sea, to everything:

"We have each other!"

And Ian stares a moment, uncomprehending, until he begins to laugh delightedly, a rich and very gentlemanly chuckle.

And Sean makes a pleased, startled sound and presses a kiss against Viggo's neck.