Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Sean visits Viggo during the RotK reshoots and finally sees the famous mirror in Viggo's trailer. Follows "My Favourite Photo".

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 1387 Read: 810

Published: 06 Aug 2009 Updated: 06 Aug 2009

"Come on in," Viggo says softly, opens his trailer door wide. Sean hesitantly looks into the dark interior of the trailer from outside the doorway, wonders if it'd be better if he stayed outside. After all, out here, it was windy, the air smelled fresh and warm, everything felt so open, limitless, and boring. But in a good way.

But then Sean had always preferred enclosed spaces, and walking into Viggo's trailer was like walking into the man's mind. Like falling down the rabbit hole in Alice's Wonderland. It looked so dark, and creepy, and so utterly mysterious. Plus, the man who owned this rabbit hole was making Sean's pants stretch and he couldn't exactly take care of it out here.

"Sean?" Viggo called again. Sean started and then realized he'd been wool-gathering again.

"Yeah, coming," Sean muttered, walked into the trailer and closed the door behind him. It didn't look so gloomy, now that he was in it. There were some paintings on one side of the room, but it looked like Viggo had made an effort to clean up all the paint that could normally be found cluttering around it.

Not that he noticed that at all. The thing that magnetised your eyes as soon as you stepped in, was the great big mirror on one wall of the trailer. The wall wasn't big, but then... neither was the full length mirror hanging from it. It was only when you saw the photos that started from inside the mirror and expanded to cover almost the full wall that you started to feel small, inconsequential; and the wall just overwhelmed you.

Sean stepped closer to it, tried to make sense of what some of the photos were, trying to see the tiny details instead of thinking about the colossal collage on the wall. Not that he could concentrate on even one photo. It was too hard. The moment he saw his own face on one of the photos, he quickly scanned the photos around it, compared the familiar faces and scenes and then something else would catch his attention.

Viggo smirked quietly as he watched the Brit walk to the mirror then begin to walk along the wall, his attention riveted to the photos, his eyes running from one to the other. It never failed to have this effect on anyone, but he did try to keep people from talking about it too much. This piece of artwork, had all the sentimental values of his time in New Zealand. It was something only people from the cast and crew of the Lord of the Rings should know about... and Henry.

Suddenly, Sean turns around, his green eyes are sparkling with excitement and an intense emotion that Viggo cannot fathom. "They said it had the photos of the whole cast around it..." he murmured.

"And crew. And you didn't get to see it before you left New Zealand. I'm wondering how am I ever going to keep it. Might have to rip off the wall of the trailer and ship it back to America. I can't disassemble the photos."

"No! You can't take them apart. They have to be preserved. Whole. Continued, cherished and I'll make sure that happens. I know a few friends who could--"

Viggo laughs. "Hold it, Sean! I knew you'd be taken with it, but, well... its just overwhelming! Calm down, alright?" With a smirk, the Danish man gets up from his chair and goes to the fridge, takes out some Kiwi beverage and tosses it to Sean. "I'm glad you're back for the Return of the King reshoots anyway. Even if it is only a few days. I'm even happier that you're staying a little longer than you're required to."

"I've missed New Zealand," Sean shrugs and opens the can, takes a drink. "Mmm.. sorta missed this stuff even though it tastes like shit really."

"Does it?" Viggo holds up his can skeptically. "Guess I've been around here more often than you. I like it better than most of the stuff you can find in America." Suddenly, Viggo walks to the wall and finds a photo near the frame of the mirror. "There, picture of you and the Hobbits and Orli. Night in the pubs. See the can you're holding in your hand?"

Sean laughs, squints at the photo. "Yeah. I can't believe you found the photo that quickly. How do you find any one photo amongst this whole thing? Is there some sort of theme to it?"

"Yeah," Viggo says, his voice suddenly turning husky. It was the tone of voice that Sean heard only when Viggo was making love to him, or when he was utterly enthralled by his art. According to Viggo, doing both was the same thing.

"What's the theme then?"

"Its a theme that only I can make out." Viggo runs his long fingers gently over the photos. "From inside the mirror here? These photos have the most emotional and sentimental value to me. Expanding outwards, those have less."

Sean looks at the photo right in the centre of the mirror. He furrows his brow, jealousy heating up inside him. Its a photo of Viggo and Orli horseplaying around. Viggo's looking at Sean's reaction, and he can't help but cock his head and smile softly.

"I know you're jealous Sean, but that photo does not mean to me what you think it does."

"And what can it mean? Except that horseplaying around with Orli gives you immense sentimental satisfaction?" Sean almost snaps.

"Sean," Viggo says calmly, tries to soothe the Brit. He walks behind Sean and presses himself against Sean's back, wraps his arms around the other man's waist, and rests his chin on Sean's shoulder. "This photo... reminds me of the day when you called me from England. You told me that you loved me that day, remember? And I was crying on my bed as you ranted on. I had almost fallen for Orli after you'd left for a few weeks, and your affirmation of what I suspected were your feelings for me... it... well, it made me feel weak and dependent on you. It reminds me that this is all I can get out of a relationship with Orli."

"Oh," is all Sean can say, flushing guiltily. "How about this one?" he asks, trying to change the subject, trying to stop the tears from coming to his eyes. He points to the photo next to the one with horseplaying Orli. Its a classic picture of him, green eyes and messy hair in locks on his head. He has a broad grin on his face, and the laugh lines on them threatens to make one grin just as infectiously.

"That," Viggo says flatly, steps away from Sean and perches himself at the edge of a table. "Its.. just.. something.. nothing really. I should have taken it out or something."

"What? Why? Vig? Tell me. Come on. Give me an artist's point of view. Pretend that it isn't me you're explaining this to."

Viggo sighs, knows that Sean's going to get this out of him one way or another. "Its.. a photo from our last parting." He sighs, shuts his eyes and can see the photo right there behind his closed eyelids.

"Your grin... expresses the true happiness of the moment. Your body's state of tension, expresses your apprehension. And your eyes..." Viggo trails off, opens his eyes again. Sean is standing between his legs, right in front of him and he can't help but stare into those eyes that he had tried to imagine, every lonely night when he was without them.

"What?" Sean asks gently, lays his hands on Viggo's lean hips and leans his face forward, letting their foreheads and noses touch. Tries to give his support and encouragement through their touch.

"It expresses your anguish at our forced seperation," Viggo whimpers out, forces his eyes open, and tries to stop all the rushing memories of all the lonely nights without his gentle lover.

"And my love," Sean asserts, gently but firmly. "Jeg elsker dig," Sean whispers, pronouncing it like as if he was born to it. "Remember that," Sean adds as he gently captures the other man's lips in his own, and kisses him with all the passion of a thousand suns.