Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Viggo is very much a Method actor, and believes in authenticity.

Rated: R

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 4507 Read: 931

Published: 04 Aug 2009 Updated: 04 Aug 2009

Viggo


“Goal !"

I grin, raising my hands in triumph, as my nifty footwork, spurs notwithstanding, results in my slipping the ball past two ladies of the town, a couple of the production team and one small boy, to score decisively against the side of the mobile restroom.

Taking off my hat, I mop my brow and walk back to my trailer, my boots kicking up the red dust in my wake. Once inside, I throw the hat on the bed and hunt in the debris for my cell phone.

Filming is about to wrap here in Santa Fe and I am due to head back to LA for a few weeks. I have some time now, before I am expecting to be summoned to the set and I want to take the opportunity to call Sean in Chicago.

I resisted for years actually having a cell phone and was finally browbeaten into having one by Henry and Sean, who ganged up on me. Half the time. I still forget to switch it on, or lose it among my chaotic belongings, but at times like this, when I haven’t seen Sean in months, in spite of us actually being on the same continent for a change, it acts as a lifeline.

Looking forward to hearing that sexy voice, which could sell me anything, I tilt my chair back and prop my boots on the table, legs crossed at the ankle, loosening my pants in anticipation.

I frown, as the recorded voice tells me that the cell phone I am calling is not available. Why does Sean have his phone switched of ? Filming has already wrapped for him and he is completing some business, before flying home. I kind of hoped that we would be able to hook up in LA, but Sean has been maddeningly vague about his plans.

Disappointed, I pick up my journal and start to write, reflecting that it serves me right for straying from the path of authenticity and using modern technology. By rights, I should have been trying to contact him by telegraph !

In terms of thinking myself into character, I have always sought to be as authentic as possible and of course this has generated plenty of stories at my expense, such as sleeping with my sword as Aragorn. As Hitch I have some pretty impressive weapons – a blued steel Colt .45, which I wear in a brown leather belt for a quick cross draw, a white handled Mexican knife and a powerful 8 gauge shotgun, with a kick like a mule.

Due to strict health and safety rules, I am stripped of these between takes, but I still manage to retain the rest of the costume, including the star and spurs.

I scribble away and lose track of time, until I am called again. My make-up is touched up and I shrug into my long green coat, holding it up so as to get my gunbelt strapped back on. I take up the heavy 8 gauge and away we go again, filming the scene to Ed’s perfectionist satisfaction.

My eyes narrow. I am no longer, Viggo. I am Everett Hitch, Deputy Marshal, striding down the street in Appaloosa in the 1880’s.


Sean


There’s no delay and the weather is very calm, so I am in a good mood during the flight. I grin in anticipation when I think of Viggo’s face, when I show up in Santa Fe. He will never expect that, even though he did try to persuade me to meet up on Los Angeles. I told him I had plans, and wasn’t sure if I could fit it in, but that was a lie.

I’d been in New Mexico not so long ago, for shooting The Hitcher, and I quite liked it, apart from the searing heat. I decided to visit Viggo , spend a few days together there, and then fly back to L.A with him.

I made a reservation in a nice expensive hotel, with all the amenities you could wish for, like a very large Jacuzzi and perfect working a/c and insisted on a extremely large double bed. I can’t wait to get there.

Filming in Chicago was great, but took longer – as always – than estimated, and it was kind of frustrating being finally in the same country as Vig, but not able to meet. We haven’t seen each other in months, and even though Viggo is unbelievably creative when it comes to phone sex, it’s not like it beats the real thing.

I shift a little in my chair and close my eyes, wishing for the flight to end. A stewardess brings me the Scotch I ordered, and after I have finished that I actually manage to catch some sleep. The wrap party ended a little later than planned, and I am in urgent need of a nap.

I am glad, when I am finally able to leave the airport. Luckily I don’t have to wait long to pick up my hired car, and I drive to the hotel to check in and take a shower. There’s something about a plane that makes you feel dirty when you come out, probably all those people in one place for a couple of hours that does it. Anyway, I am on my way to my lover and a few weeks of hot sex, and I don’t want to smell like a wet dog.

The hotel is perfect and I’ve seen swimming pools smaller than that Jacuzzi in our room. The room is on the top floor, and there’s a great view overlooking the town. I take a quick shower, and change into jeans, a tight tee, and the boots I bought here a year ago. I bet Viggo will like that outfit.

Last time I spoke to Viggo I actually listened to his ramble, and I ask directions at the hotel reception desk for driving to the location. A few minutes later I am on my way, the radio playing some Linda Ronstadt Mexican song, helping me to get into the right frame of mind.

It’s not a long drive. Pretty soon I am out of town, and streets turn into the red sand that is so common here. I find my way without too much trouble, and I have to charm my way in talking to the stern looking girl at the gate. Finally she seems to believe I am not here to stalk Viggo or his co-stars, and probably won’t try to kill Ed Harris. That’s what you get being a British actor, and not Tom Cruise I guess. Not that I give a fuck, I just want to see Viggo.

I park my car, and walk towards a small boy, sitting on a rock and looking very bored. I can see where they are actually shooting, but I don’t want to meet Vig in front of the entire cast and crew. I smile at the kid, and ask him for Viggo’s trailer, telling him it’s a surprise visit.

I know all about Viggo and kids, so I am not surprised when he jumps up, beams at me and leads the way. He’s talking to me about Vig all the way, and when I thank him he just smiles again and then he’s gone.

I go inside the trailer, and look around me.. bloody hell, what a mess.


Viggo


We do the scene over and over, until it meets with Ed’s approval.

Finally, he shouts, ”Cut”, the gate is checked and we are free to go. I wait impatiently to be divested of my “Hero” weapons, anxious to go back to my trailer and call Sean again. Ed pats me on the shoulder and thanks me for today’s work, then wearily walks away. He has been putting in 20 hour days on this shoot, acting and directing.

Most of the cast and crew head off to the food tents for supper, but I have a different priority and head straight for the trailer.

Outside, I pause for a second, my well-honed “ranger” instincts telling me that there is somebody in there. I open the door cautiously and glance around, surprised to see that my carefully nurtured chaos has been considerably tidied up.

This is puzzling, as the cleaning staff know not to touch my trailer. I have made it clear that I prefer to deal with stuff myself and I like it this way. In fact I know only one person, who likes to pick up after me and never stops trying to bring some order into my life.

I sniff the air, aware of a very familiar and welcome scent. It’s a mixture of cologne, shampoo, whisky and ….

“Sean !”

I yell his name with pleasure and experience that deep, rumbling laugh in my chest, as he steps out of the kitchen area and steps in for a hug.

Delighted to see him, I throw myself at him and wrap my arms around him, but when he puts his arms around me, he frowns and flares his nostrils, as only he can, drawing back slightly.

“Fuck, Viggo. You smell like shite ! Have you been sleeping with the horses again ?”

I pull him closer and dive in for a kiss. It’s been too long since I held him in my arms and had the opportunity to do this. Instinctively, he responds and we stand in a clinch for a while, then he pulls back again and glares at me, shaking his head.

“It’s no good, Vig. Ah can put up with the facial topiary, while you are in character, but you taste like the sweepings from a bar room floor. For God’s sake, when did you last brush your teeth ?”

Disappointed, I try to attack him again. Come on Sean, this is not the welcome I was expecting ! He steps back, though and gives me a push in the chest.

Struggling to keep my balance and more than a little hurt, I try to explain to him.

“ Authenticity, Sean ! Cowboys in this era didn’t bathe or shower regularly, or brush their teeth. You know how important it is to me to get those things right, to feel my way into the character.”

“Authenfuckinticity , Vig ? No wonder this trailer smells like a cross between a stable and a swamp ! You’ve finished shooting for the day, right ? So go shower and brush, then we can get properly reacquainted. “

“But you don’t understand. We have to shoot tomorrow and the day after and I need to stay in character. I owe it to Ed and the rest of the cast.”

I can see from the stubborn set of his jaw that Sean is not persuaded by my argument and right now, my prospects for a happy reunion are not looking hopeful.


Sean


I kind of forgot how Viggo can live perfectly happily in chaos. And apart from being chaos, it doesn’t smell very nice either. I wonder if he ever allows some fresh air in here. I sigh and then I start tidying up the place. I know Viggo won’t like it, but that’s too bad for him.

Half an hour later I have managed to get things a bit more neat and I am cleaning the kitchen sink when I hear a yell : “Sean !”

I step out from the kitchen and there he is, his face one big smile. I am really glad to see him and I hug him tightly, when my nose catches the foul smell coming from him, and I am back in New Zealand again. Horses... he ate with them, talked to them and even slept with them, until I dragged him out of the stables and into my bed. After a long and hot shower that is, and fuck, is he in need of one now !

I make a sarcastic remark, but before I can say more, he grabs me and kisses me deeply. I love the man, I really do, but that’s even worse, he tastes filthy. I tell him so, and get an explanation about authenticity in return.

Yeah, I know about him being a method actor, and that’s fine, but there are limits. I tell him to go take a shower and brush his teeth. He’s protesting, says he needs to stay in character for the next two days, and I don’t want to hear it.

I start opening two of the windows, in order to get in a bit air. I turn around, and look at him. He looks pleadingly at me, but it’s still obvious he’s not moving in the direction of the shower.

I can’t help feeling a bit sorry for myself, coming all the way here as a surprise, only to be confronted with an even more filthy ranger than when he actually played one.

“Look,” I say, “you know I am glad to see you. I didn’t come here for nothing. I’ve booked this nice luxurious hotel room for the two of us, but as it is, I am not sleeping in one bed with you. I won’t even sleep in one room with you ! You stink, and you taste even worse. I do hope for your female lead that she doesn’t have to kiss you.”

Well that little speech hit the target, as his face flushes with anger.

“I didn’t ask you to come here Sean, I asked you to meet in Los Angeles. I am working here, and work comes first remember ?”

“Okay Viggo, you’re right, you didn’t ask me. I just thought you would be glad I did come all the way here to spend some days together, I am sorry.”

“But I am glad to see you. It’s just that I need to do my work this way Sean. I know you don’t work that way, but I do.”

I look at him and sigh. There’s actually nothing I would rather do than lock the door and have my wicked way with him, but he still smells terrible. I throw up my hands in resignation.

“Can we at least continue this conversation outside, so I won’t faint ? Show me around the set a little perhaps ? “

He smiles and nods and we walk outside. He starts talking about the film, and I try to keep my eyes on his face instead of the rest of his body. There’s no doubt this part suits him as well as his costume. He looks fantastic and if I could do without breath for ten minutes I would drag him right back into that trailer and fuck him.

As it is I tell my cock firmly to lie down.


Viggo


I am a mixture of hurt, frustrated, disappointed and fucking angry with Sean.

As always, when I see him, my body is crying out for him and my cock is trying to drill its way through he rough fabric of my costume pants, the sensitive head in danger of rubbing itself raw. I adjust myself and as it doesn’t look like I am going to fuck or be fucked any time soon, I try to will away my raging hard on.

Sean is sneering at me, that he hopes my female lead doesn’t actually have to kiss me and this is rather a sore point, although not as sore as my point is likely to be if it doesn’t subside pretty quick, ‘cause I have had a similar reaction from Renee and had to explain to her about authenticity.

Anger gets the better of me and I rage at him,

“I didn’t ask you to come here Sean, I asked you to meet in Los Angeles. I am working here, and work comes first remember ?”

It’s true that we agreed long ago that, much as we love each other, our work comes first for now, although it has not been easy over the years for either of us.

Sean’s voice is cold, covering the hurt, as he replies that I am right, I didn’t ask him to come, but he thought I would be glad that he did. His apology is heavily sarcastic and I feel bad.

I assure him that I am glad to see him, but remind him that I need to work this way, even though he doesn’t. He sighs and puts up his hands in surrender.
I am still no nearer getting fucked, but at least he doesn’t seem so mad at me any more.

He is clearly suffering from the stuffiness of the trailer and has opened a couple of windows. Now he asks if we can continue outside and suggests I show him round the set. I take it as a peace offering and gladly step outside with him.

There is nobody about, as they are all eating. Shooting for the day is over, but later, there are some night time scenes to set up, which I won’t be involved in tonight. Shit, that would have been the perfect opportunity to be together with Sean, but I know that he won’t give in and I won’t either. I am committed to him, but committed to my work also.

As we walk, I glance over at him and damn, he looks good. I feel a pang of regret that he won’t let me near him and my cock starts to wake up again. I start to tell him about the shoot and soon, we are in the main street and we step up onto the boardwalk, while I point out to him the various points where the main action scenes take place.

Evening is drawing on and the temperature has begun to fall rapidly. Soon, the crew will begin drifting back for the night shift and I am enjoying our time alone together. Even though the urge to touch him is almost overwhelming, we are walking with a fair distance between us, because I know that he won’t welcome any closer contact, although this is difficult for him too.

We reach one end of the street and cross to the other side, where the livery stables are situated, with me still talking and Sean listening. Just along from there is a hitching rail for horses and a long drinking trough.

As we approach it, I glance across at Sean and pause in mid ramble, because he has a strange expression and an evil glint in his eye.


Sean


We stroll along the set and enter the main street. Everybody is probably eating, because we’re alone. Viggo shows me all points of interest, and it’s clear he is enjoying making this movie. I long to shove him up against a wall, but even one step closer to him makes me change my mind.

But I am determined to make him see the light though, one way or the other. I am not going back to that hotel alone, and he sure as hell isn’t going with me like this, so I must think of something quick.

The temperature is dropping as fast as it only does in climates such as this, and I really enjoy the now fresh air. Viggo tells me how they’ve been playing football on the set this afternoon, and I am sorry I missed that, it must have been quite a sight !

We cross the street, when my eyes fall on the horse rail and the huge drinking trough. Memories from a long time ago come up, how me and my mates went to the local cinema. We were crazy about Westerns, the hats, the guns, the horses. And those saloon fights.. always some guy ending up in the horse trough.

That thought gives me a brilliant idea, and Viggo is not going to like it. I force myself to keep a straight face, and not to look at him until we are there. The moment we near the trough I throw a sideward glance at him. Before he can even read my face I grab him by the arms, lift him from the ground and throw him forcefully into it.

Water is sloshing wildly, while Viggo rolls over and emerges. It is streaming down his face into his open mouth. He looks more astonished than angry, like he doesn’t really realize what happened, and it’s so fucking funny that I laugh out loud.

He wipes an arm over his face, his blue eyes blazing at me now. Scowling, he’s scrambling up. I would have helped him if I wasn’t afraid I was going to end up next to him in that trough, and I did shower today.

I take a careful step backwards as he climbs out and hold up my hands.

“It was for authenticity’s sake Vig,“ I say, taking another careful step back. “How else can you play in a film like this ? For fuck´s sake, a scene like this is in every Western ! “`

He’s on the street now, moving up to me slowly. From the corner of my eye I see a few guys standing on the corner, probably crew, laughing at Viggo’s dripping appearance.

“See Vig, “ I try again, “authentic, but clean now ! Isn’t that nice ? Now let us find a toothbrush and..`

That’s when he lunges forwards and I turn around and make a run for it. Naturally I have the advantage of dry clothes, but Viggo must be driven by a powerful adrenalin surge, because he’s catching up on me. Before we even reach the other end of the street, he takes me down, crushing the breath out of my lungs.

I am face down in the dust, gulping for air, and he lies on top of me, rubbing his wet body over mine. Chilly water soaks my clothes and I make a half hearted attempt to throw him off.

He gives me a full body rub again, ignoring the yells from the other side of the street.

“Vig, the crew, “ I try weakly.

“I don’t give a fuck Sean, you started this remember ? Now I am going to let you up, we go back to my trailer, and you’re just gonna lie down and let me fuck you, whether I still smell or not. You bastard ! Okay ? “

I can hear he’s laughing now though, and I grin too.

“Okay, now about that toothbrush.......... aww fuck Vig, that hurts ! “


Viggo


Shit ! I knew that look spelt trouble. Before I can take evasive action, Sean has picked me up and thrown me in the fucking horse trough.

Hitting the cold water is one hell of a shock and takes my breath away for a minute. I roll over and get on my hands and knees to climb out, as the bastard backs off, rightly detecting the thirst for revenge in my demeanour.

His laughter is echoed by a bunch of crew members, who have begin to drift back to the set and witnessed the scene, but for the moment I have had a sense of humour bypass and I am pissed at him.

He is talking now, teasing me about “authenticity” and still backing away as I stalk him slowly and deliberately. As he is distracted for a second, his eyes sliding towards the group of laughing men on the corner, I make my move, and belatedly, he turns and starts to run down the dusty street.

I chase him and though waterlogged, I gain on him steadily, launching myself forward and taking him down in a tackle, like a lion on an antelope, relishing the noise he makes, when all the air is driven out of his body. I resist the urge to bite him in the neck, there being an audience, but I am determined to take advantage of my position and make him as wet as me, so I rub myself over him, weighting him down with my body.

He moves as if to throw me off, but he doesn’t really want to and he’s not trying hard. He mentions the audience, weakly, but I tell him I don’t give a fuck. I am laughing again now that I have the upper hand and I enjoy telling him my plans for when we get back in the trailer.

When he mentions a toothbrush again, I twist his arm up his back, ignoring his protest and demand that he submits. Laughing, he does and I roll off him and help him up.

I am aware that my clothes are in a mess, coated with a red mud and the wardrobe department are going to be pretty mad at me. As we walk back towards base camp and the trailer, I have an idea.

“Sean, let’s give the trailer a miss and head straight for your luxury hotel. I can hand my costume to them to be cleaned overnight and avoid the wrath of wardrobe.”

“Hmm. and what will you be wearing, while your clothes are being cleaned ?”

“ I figured, maybe, you, Sean,”

“Only if you shower and brush first !”

“Okay, deal !”

Sean insists on putting down sheets of newspaper in the hire car, so we don’t mess up the seats, while I stand and shiver in the night air, but soon we are in his suite and he starts to run the shower, while I strip off my clothes. When I pull down my pants and step out of them, he raises his eyebrows at my lack of underwear and says,

“Don’t tell me, authenticity !”

Later, thoroughly showered, brushed, shampooed and mouthwashed, squeaky clean and tingling with minty freshness. I present myself for inspection.

Sean, also showered and looking good enough to eat, solemnly begins carrying out a very thorough check.

“You know, Viggo, all this authenticity shite is a load of bollocks !”

“How so ?”

“Well, you have your trailer and you have your cell phone and you drive around in trucks to the farthest locations. You have flushing toilets – oh crap, don’t tell me you didn’t use those, out of authenticity.”

“Okay, I won’t tell you. Life is a series of compromises, Sean, and authenticity is a goal I am trying to achieve as far as possible. Oooh, that’s nice, don’t stop.”

“I was just wondering if this is authentic.”

“ I think you’d better check it out to make sure !”