Summary: Sean hates being locked up in small spaces.

Rated: PG-13

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: Elevator

Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes

Word count: 1341 Read: 1559

Published: 02 Aug 2009 Updated: 02 Aug 2009

They were a bit drunk, both of them, but nothing too bad. Sean had kept himself from drinking too much deliberately. It was just enough to get him a bit more silent and Viggo a bit more giggling. It was nice seeing each other again and if this was what all he could get out of it, well so be it.

They didn't meet frequently these days, their schedules sending them to very different places, but when they did it was good. Their friendship picked up as easily as if it had been yesterday. Unfortunately the rest of his feelings were still there too, making him nervous. He never let his guard down completely. Whatever his feelings were he would not risk losing Viggo's friendship. They had met at mutual friends this evening and Viggo had invited him to his hotel room. Have a few more drinks and a laugh, because who knew when they were to meet again.

Viggo stayed in the sort of hotel only he would pick, Sean thought. He probably liked the feel of the building, or the wallpaper or perhaps it was the bad artwork making him laugh. With Viggo you never knew.

His room was on the 10th floor, so they took the elevator. It was only a small thing, even the mirrored wall didn't make it feel spacier and if he'd been alone he would have taken the stairs. He never liked being locked in small places. The elevator moved slowly upwards until somewhere between the sixth and seventh floor it just stopped. Nothing dramatic, no thumps or sounds. It just stopped. Viggo giggled, but Sean turned around, looking at the panel by the door.

There were five buttons: close, open, up, down and a red one without text. He pressed the red one, but nothing happened. He didn't know exactly what he expected to happen, but it would have been nice if there had been a sound or something.

'It will probably alarm the reception desk, don't you think?'

'Yeah, but I do hope it makes noise Sean, because that guy downstairs was watching television in the other room when we came in.'

'Perhaps the alarm goes directly to the maintenance' Sean tried to assure himself.

'What do you think this is? The Ritz?' The stupid wanker was still laughing and Sean felt himself flush with anger.

After all it was all Viggo's fault, he was a fucking star, why didn't he book a suite in a nice hotel like every normal person would do, Like Sean did. He tried to cling to his anger, knowing it was better then letting the fear in.

They waited in silence for a few minutes, but nothing happened. Sean turned around again, pushing his finger on the red button and keeping it there for a while. Still nothing happened.

Viggo dug in his pocket and came up with a package of cigarettes, offering it to Sean.

'We're not going to smoke in here, are you trying to get us killed?'

Even he heard the panic in his voice and it made Viggo's smile disappear.

'Sean? Are you all right? Come on, they will get us out of here any minute. There'll be safety procedures I am sure.'

He nodded his agreement, feeling a bit calmer when suddenly there was a loud banging sound above their heads. Sean felt sweat forming on his brow, imagining one of the cables breaking. Imagining that bloody elevator just hanging on one cable and the fear really hit him.

He shouted: 'HELP', making Viggo lean to the wall, helplessly shaking with laughter and he would have loved to kill him there and then.

He stepped forward to grab him when a rattling sound came from above and instead he clung to Viggo. Viggo who finally seemed to notice the panicked state he was in, making him feel nauseous. He wrapped his arms around Sean and lowered them both to the floor.

'Hey, you're trembling. Calm down Sean, they'll be here soon. Someone's going to find out the elevator's not working.'

He tried to keep his voice steady: 'Do you think the cable's broken?'

'Of course not Sean, it was probably a door slamming.'

They sat silently for a while, Viggo keeping him close to him. Sean just thought how happy he was having Viggo with him and not being alone. He tried to relax, controlling his breath. It made him really feel a bit better. Then suddenly the light went out, leaving them in pitch dark.
This was it: he knew they were going to die. Strangely enough some kind of serene feeling came over him. It all seemed less frightening in the dark. Viggo's arms encircling him, keeping him pressed to him his fear left him. He felt almost giddy: there was no need for pretence anymore.

His voice soft but clear in the darkness he told Viggo all. The loneliness, the longing, the yearning, the ache. His voice rattling, afraid there wouldn't be enough time to tell it all. Letting out five years of suppressed feelings, telling about the sleepless nights and the pain

Until Viggo turned him around in his arms and kissed him. And again. Too little space to do anything else but kiss, they just kept kissing.

When 15 minutes later security released them Sean almost regretted that.