Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Snapshots in a relationship.

Rated: PG-13

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 786 Read: 851

Published: 02 Aug 2009 Updated: 02 Aug 2009

"Viggo, my cab's here"
"So, it's true... You're leaving."
"Of course it's true, and you knew it from the beginning. These months were good, but it was only that: months. Your life belongs to him."

Viggo sighs. He is ashamed not to have even a single tear to offer. His eyes have been as dry as his heart for some months. David kisses the corner of his mouth, slowly but without passion.

"You don't understand", Viggo murmurs as the cab's engine vanishes in the night.

~~~

"Bean here."
"Sean, at last! I’ve been trying to get in touch with you all day. How do you feel?"
"Somewhere between Othello and Romeo?"
"Cheated and heartbroken? If you're already up to literary references, it can’t be that bad."
"..."
"Want to have a drink with a mate tonight?"
"She said I was fooling myself..."
"You know what this means, sweetheart."
"I'd prefer not to. So, where and when?"

~~~

"I think it's you, you know."
"Shut up, Vig. We're grown men, not bloody teenage girls!"
"But..."

As always, Viggo was silenced with a frantic kiss, which led to groping, and to bed gymnastics. It seemed that sex was their only way to communicate intimately. They could talk about jobs, acting, family, past relationships. As soon as Viggo tried to enter the subject of them living together, Sean seemed to withdraw into a shell, and the discussion aborted, while most of the time driving them between the sheets.

The evening had begun quite well : Sean had cooked, Viggo had helped. They had shared a bottle of wine, and some filming memories. They had laughed over the latest prank of the hobbits. Then Viggo couldn't help himself and had opened his heart one more time. He should have known, he thought when his brain started working again.

"Why are you always doing that?"
"Doing what?"
"..."
"..."
"You don't believe in love, do you, Sean?"
A harsh laugh.
"No."


~~~

The climbing has been rough. He leaves the path, hoping to go over the tree line that blocks the view. He goes around some large stones and comes out into a kind of ledge, a sheer drop into the woodland a hundred meters below. He is breathless but the sight is worth it. The last morning mists are disappearing and the valley comes into view. Viggo advances warily: the rock seems to be slippery. Putting down his rucksack to fetch his camera, he feels himself slide, manages to catch an outcrop with his left hand, wedges his foot with a bump, and sighs in relief. In the few seconds the fall has taken, a thought has come from nowhere in his mind: Your life belongs to him.

"Maybe I'd better not waste it stupidly", he thought.

~~~

The handy hotel stands a few feet from the summit. Sean has arrived late and couldn't see the neighbourhood very well yesterday. Now he takes the time to wander through the meadows and lets himself be overwhelmed by the beauty of the panorama surrounding the Rigi. The Queen of the Mountains, the hotelier said. At least that’s what Sean thinks he heard: the man has a strong Swiss accent.

The Queen herself is framed by other mighty peaks. In the background, three mountains remind Sean of Caradhras and its neighbours: what were their names already? Some elvish stuff Viggo would have known. Suddenly, it is like a romantic tide. This place is incredible, he muses, but it would be so much more beautiful if I could share it with you.

~~~

Who called the first? Never mind. They talked, of friends, family, jobs, and life. They agreed to meet again, during a common break.

~~~

"And now?"

Sean remembers the physical attraction, the hunger for the neck where the hair ends its course, the need for the perfect rider thighs. He doesn't remember the other thing, impalpable, a feeling that pushes him in slow motion into the other man's arms. He doesn't remember the raw emotion awakening in him just by looking in those keen blue eyes.

The first new kiss is all they have been searching for and more. In bed that night, Sean realizes he can be slow and thorough; the man of his thoughts is not going anywhere.

When Viggo returns to his senses some hours later, he hears the soft buzzing:
"... and after that we could buy a place together somewhere, to meet during our breaks, and..."
"Stop, stop, Sean! What did you just say?"
"About what?"
"About buying a home... together? Did you change your mind? Do you believe in...?"
"I believe in us."

Sean looks up just in time to see the first tear running from Viggo's eyes.