Summary: He's staring at a small photograph.

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Crossovers Pairing: Boromir/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: Nights

Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes

Word count: 4437 Read: 9290

Published: 02 Aug 2009 Updated: 02 Aug 2009

A gust of wind opens the window and I take advantage of the draught to slide inside between the curtains.

A door slams somewhere and a dog barks in a back yard, before the night swallows the sounds.

The room is swathed in darkness, but I descry him. He's sitting on the bed, cross-legged, straight-backed. He's staring at a small photograph which he is holding between two fingers. I slip around him to have a look at it. It is a black and white picture of a warrior lying on a forest floor, amongst the dead leaves. His face has a deathly paleness. Several fletchings are sticking out of his chest.

The man on the bed sighs and murmurs a name. A name which would heat me up if I was still bearing a heart.

I come closer and whisper words of another time in his ear. I almost brush my lips along his lobe.

He turns his head and look right through me. His eyes are swollen from sadness.

"Boromir", he mouths again.

He can't see me. Even the warrior in the picture has more substance than me. But the ghost of a smile curves his lips, and he doesn't look so desperate all of a sudden. Could I feel, I would enjoy a surge of life coming back to me.