Summary: Sean had a nightmare. Viggo's ready to listen.

Rated: R

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: Nightmare

Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes

Word count: 5455 Read: 3261

Published: 02 Aug 2009 Updated: 02 Aug 2009

"Noooo!"

His own cry woke Sean abruptly. The red, soaking and swirling images were still vivid in his mind. He was sweaty. His shirt was sticking to his back and arms. He looked around him. Someone considerate must have covered him with a blanket, but he had pushed it aside during his feverish sleep. Whose couch is it?... Oh. Viggo's. Must have fallen asleep after dinner. He sat up, deciding he couldn't sleep anymore without drinking a glass of water.

He leaned against the sink in the semi-darkness of Viggo's kitchen, drinking slowly, letting his mind go through the dream again. He couldn't curb the pictures flashing across his brain for a second time. The castle surrounded by dark mist. The dog baying. The... beast.

The hand on his shoulder made him jump and he turned around, ready to fight back any spectre made by the night. For a ghost, this one was very warm by his side. And had a very firm hand against his back. And very soft smiling lips. And the sexiest stubble around those lips.

"Viggo, what are you doing?"

"I heard you cry, wanted to check if you were all right."

"I am. Just had a nightmare."

You look too pale for an all right Sean, Viggo mused.

"Wanna speak about it?"

"No... Yes... Fuck, it's really weird, Vig."

Viggo didn't loosen his grip and led him back into the living room, helping him along to the couch. Then sat down at his side, and watched him expectantly, as if waiting for a good story. He looked ready to wait all night. The idea of sharing a moment with his friend had a comforting appeal, so Sean didn't hesitate long, shrugged, and spoke.

"It... It begins well. I'm in the cinema, comfortably waiting for the movie in a soft seat. A trailer begins, and I know, I know I must not watch it. As if I know it will affect me. I close my eyes, but the scene goes on in my head, behind my closed eyelids. I have no choice left. I can't watch anything else."

Viggo shifted in the couch and came closer. Sean looked abnormally upset by the replaying of his dream.

"The first view of the trailer is a Scottish castle, near a kind of loch, which is frozen."

Viggo didn't flinch. Dreams are like that, real when you're sleeping, weird when you try to express them.

"There's the laird, played by Sean Connery..."

Why him, Viggo wondered.

"...wearing a kilt and... and a cap. He's playing golf on the frozen loch. His dog is running and sliding on it. It's a hound."

Viggo retained a smile. Maybe a good comedy scenario could emerge from this dream. But Sean didn't look amused at all. He looked scared. The always controlled Sean he knew was for once unsettled, restless. To Viggo's amazement that seemed to awake unknown thoughts deep in his mind, to arouse strange responses from his body.

"The camera drifts around, and we can see a giant form moving under the ice layer. I can just make out the figure, but it's uglier than the Watcher in the Water and as big as a horse."

Sean was trying not to think about the words he was uttering. He knew that if they began to make sense in his mind, he wouldn't be able to tell things exactly like they were. He would tone down the weirdness unconsciously. Dreams look so impossible when you try to put their images into words!

"The form swims up and down under the ice. There is this kind of anticipation music, and I know something terrible is going to happen. But I can't move, I can't get up from my seat."

Viggo's world had shrunk to a spot with Sean in the middle.

"And then... the ice broke."

Viggo couldn't breath anymore. The view of Sean, ecstatic in his telling, made his heart pound, his hands sweaty. He wanted to share the passion Sean was putting into his telling. He held back the urge to grab him.

"And things go quicker, the music louder, everything is swirling, the dog is dragged down in the water, there are blood and bits of flesh everywhere, around me, I'm in the lake, there's no cinema anymore..."

His voice choked. Viggo gazed at him, mesmerized. He held out one hand, not sure what he was going to do. Sean fortunately saw only affection in the motion and naturally put his head in the hollow of Viggo's shoulder.

He took a deep breath and enjoyed the warmth of Viggo's body. His fears began to vanish. The images were fading, becoming no more than striking scenes of a film watched the week before. He laughed at himself for having been so impressed by them.

He withdrew, ready to tell his friend he was all right now, that this talking therapy had proved its quality, that they could go to bed again. But when he looked up to his friend, there was this strange and disturbing light in Viggo's eyes, and his face seemed contorted, almost bestial. Sean felt an irrational outburst of fear.

"Viggo?"

Viggo smiled, becoming himself again, Sean wondered if he had been imagining things.

"It will be alright, go to sleep now, we're on set at four."

"Right. Good night, Vig. Thanks for listening to me."

"Don't worry. No more bad dreams, okay?"

The rest of the night, Sean slept a heavy and dreamless sleep. But Viggo brooded until dawn. He played the scene of a hothead Sean telling his dream again and again in his mind. He imagined all the things he could do to have Sean where he was tonight again. He wished to be able to scare him like his nightmare had. To be able to draw out such passion, such frenzy again. And when he got up, it was no wish, but a real intent he had in mind.