Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Viggo will arrive soon and Sean isn't ready

Rated: PG-13

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 769 Read: 740

Published: 02 Aug 2009 Updated: 02 Aug 2009

***

Sean felt the cold and pulled the sheet over himself. Ten minutes later, he was too hot and he pushed it back. Less than a minute later, his legs were cold again. After three attempts at this, he gave up and decided he wasn't sleepy yet. He switched on the light, grabbed the abandoned script from his nightstand and started skimming through the text. It should remind you of Equilibrium, his agent has said. Futuristic thriller, McGregor was in discussion for the main part. Nevertheless, when Seana33;s eyes reached the back of the first page, he realized he couldn't tell what in hell it was about. He dropped the sheets beside the bed in a fit of frustration. Damn Viggo and his improvised phone calls!

Typical of Viggo to call and resume their last conversation, or, more accurately, Viggo's last rambling over the phone, even though they hadna33;t spoken in months. Sean had been so stunned to hear his friend's voice he couldn't pay attention to the first words. He was certainly accustomed to Viggo's long-distance monologues. In a whole phone call, eighty percent of his air time was about things of no use to the person with whom he was speaking, but which would make a nice a33;Complete Book of Thoughtsa33; when the man felt ready to publish them. Sean had learned how to pick out the useful information. When Viggo had called tonight, and despite his own surprise, Sean had sorted out three things from Viggo's ravings. Viggo felt guilty - what for, Sean couldn't tell. Viggo felt lonely. Whata33;s more, Viggo wanted to see him.

Each one of the three statements alone could have kept Sean from sleeping tonight. The three of them had made him a nervous mess. Viggo hadna33;t left him a choice. The shooting for Alatriste was about to begin, and soon his friend wouldna33;t be able to leave the set. After a good twenty minutes of unremitting babbling, Viggo had whispered the arrival time of his flight and then hung up.

Sean wandered through the house, collecting a couple of books here and straightening a pillow there. Hiding Perez-Reverte - it looks too much as if I'm following your career closely ; leaving the Carrie doll - the image of the attentive father. Hanging the Caribbean postcards a33; a suggestion for conversation about our mutual friend. His mind was not fooled by these attempts at keeping it occupied. It was as if his brain had been switched onto the 'good old days' channel.

From the first time he had seen Viggo he had felt life would write volumes about the two of them, despite - or maybe because of - the anger and pride between them, and the sloth they both shared to make their relationship work. He had almost lost his faith after one cursed night in New Zealand - he knew it was an orc they still had to slaughter, but after seeing their closeness and complicity restored, his faith had grown stronger.

One memory in particular made him believe. A night they had shared here last spring. They had escaped two dozen harassing fans and as many sharks with cameras, and found peace in Viggo's room at the Dorchester Hotel. There they had spent the remaining hours of the night watching old shows, drinking and talking - Sean talked theatre, Viggo answered politics - until dawn had made the room look grey. Sean had been sitting at the foot of the bed on the soft moquette, Viggo had been lying face down on his bed, head resting on his crossed arms. When they had started yawning in synchrony and laughing about it, Viggo had joined his friend on the ground and had sat next to him. Then, as if it was the most natural thing in the world, his warm hand had grabbed Sean's neck and he had kissed him on the lips, slow, long and sensual. Then he had put his head on his friend's shoulder and fallen asleep, while Sean had kept watching black and white people with mute destiny - the sound of the television having been turned off for some hours - now and then touching his blessed lips with a finger, as if to ascertain they hadn't made the trip to heaven without him.

***

Sean woke up with a start and a cramp in his neck. He was in the kitchen. The room was still in darkness, and rain was pouring outside. A quick look at the clock told him it was 5am. Viggo's flight would arrive in three hours, and Sean wasn't ready.