Summary: This is a series of vignettes, small moments of time during a long road trip taken to celebrate both of their birthdays and their tenth anniversary.

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: Many Roads, One Journey

Chapters: 45 Completed: Yes

Word count: 9396 Read: 83818

Published: 02 Aug 2009 Updated: 02 Aug 2009

They had seen similar scenes years ago, during quick escapes from location shoots or road trips on cherished days off. But the day was warm and the sky clear and there was nowhere they needed to be but with each other. Viggo pulled off the road and they walked up to the fence, swung their legs over and sat on the top rail. The wind was mild, barely ruffling their hair as they quietly watched the herding dog keep his flock in control.

It had always been easy to slide into the intimacy of the mundane, to drop all pretenses and enjoy the natural communion that had flown between them almost from their first meeting. The conversation drifted through random thoughts and memories as they filled their lungs with the clean country air. Time seemed to slow as they ambled their way around recollection and reminders, light discussion about the morning headlines, quiet laughter at a shared joke.

Finally Sean stretched, his back protesting the sudden movement with a loud crack. He slid off the fence, instantly missing the warm press of Viggo's knee against his own, and carefully stepped a little closer before kneeling down to take a picture. Viggo was reaching for him as he turned back and Sean stepped close, welcoming the strong hand that squeezed the back of his neck, returning the wide smile that graced his partner's face. One more shared moment in a decade of moments and they were climbing over the fence again, heading back to the car and all the new memories that awaited them.