Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: A painful memory haunts Aragorn.

Rated: PG-13

Categories: LOTR FPS Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: No

Word count: 341 Read: 818

Published: 29 Jul 2009 Updated: 29 Jul 2009

Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: "These characters originate with their copyright holders. I borrow them for entertainment, not profit."
The raiders had felt like some sport with their captives. The young Ranger, they had bound his hands behind his back, had him kneel up on stony ground and placed a beaker of wine, brimming, on his head. One tremble, one drop spilt and the blows fell, not on him, but on the old one who lay bound before him.

The first hours he had fixed his gaze on a tree trunk, tried to memorise every line on the bark, whilst Adam had whispered, too low for their captors to hear, that rescue would come, and later that he should not torture himself.

Because he held fast, they had kicked at the old man out of frustration, then covered his eyes and now blinded, to stay upright Aragorn had gone through anguish to agony, where he thought that the very fibres of his thighs should tear apart.

When rescue had come, his Ranger brothers pouring out of the darkness surrounding the camp, Aragorn had fallen forward, body convulsing, screaming, and Adam had rolled, still bound, on top of him to shield him.

The cuts on his knees had healed in time, the strength returned to his legs, but to kneel and remain kneeling had become a thing of anger and shame. Yet he had done it twice more. He had knelt to his elf-maiden and then to his people – offering up his body and his service.

When Boromir had returned to him and first clasped the bracelets about his wrists and ankles, Aragorn had watched, throat thick with tears, as his warrior knelt to him. Every day some petitioner would fall to their knees before the King, but this was no supplicant posture, there was grace and a stern joy in the still figure.

Came the day that Aragorn knelt in his turn, he felt peace course sweetly through his veins and knew that he could ask for anything and his warrior lover would hear him, cleave only to him…and cover him with his body to keep him safe.

-oo0oo-