Summary: Viggo travels to New Zealand.

Rated: PG-13

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: The Two Mortal Men

Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes

Word count: 3261 Read: 2092

Published: 02 Aug 2009 Updated: 02 Aug 2009

Viggo Mortensen rubbed at his eyes as he read the same page for the fifth time. He finally turned off the overhead light and just stared out the plane window. A smile crossed his face as he remembered Henry trying to tell him about all three novels at once as he packed. In the end he was able to have him just talk about Aragorn. Henry had looked thru the script that arrived a scant hour before they had left for the airport, pointing out changes from the books and whether he liked them or not. Viggo had only had time to go thru and highlight his lines after sending his son to his ex-wife before his plane boarded.

Now he was wondering if he had been mad to let Henry talk him into this.

Viggo had heard about the trilogy, but never seemed to get around to reading it. So he was surprised when he recognized a couple of the names in the script. Four hours passed before a listen to Led Zeppelin II provided the answer.

He took a deep breath, slowly letting it go to relieve some tension and truth be told anxiety. He had never come this late into a project. Peter had told him on the phone he would have a couple of days before they started filming him. Most of which would be taken up with wardrobe fittings and wig and make up tests. Then there was the fact of the actor they had fired. The name hadn't rung a bell, and Peter hadn't really gone into why they had let him go.

With a sigh he turned back to the script, New Zealand still some hours away.

***

Viggo tried to stretch the kink out of his back as he waited for his last bag. Someone from the cast was supposed to be picking him up, but what names he had recognized from the list Peter had rattled off belonged to actors he doubted would be sent on such an errand. He had just grabbed his bag when a voice came from behind.

"Mum always said I would meet the Devil down below if I didn't watch it, but don't think she meant this."

Viggo turned to see a man roughly his own age standing five feet away with a broad smile on his face. "Sorry, mate. Couldn't resist. Was the first movie I ever saw you in. Name's Sean, Sean Bean. I'm playing Boromir. Peter sent me to collect you. The hobbits and that Southern softie wanted to come, but couldn't find a leash long enough for the lot of them." Sean stepped forward, hand held out.

"Sean Bean. I know I've seen you in something." Viggo shook the offered hand, his free hand going to cover the yawn that threaten to split his head in two.

"Good God man. Didn't you get any sleep?" Sean's eye fell on the pages poking out from Viggo's bag. "Right, should've figured you'd be trying to catch up. That all your bags?"

Viggo gave a half hearted protest as Sean picked up his bags, leaving him with only one to carry. He followed the Englishman (not a Londoner. Southern softie. So up North somewhere. But he was too tired to puzzle out where) to the waiting car. He sank into the passenger seat, a little uncomfortable about leaving Sean to deal with the bags. He turned as the other man got behind the wheel. "Thanks for coming to pick me up, and for taking care of my bags. I should have helped but..."

Sean laughed as he held up his hand. "Don't worry about it. My pleasure, mate. I mean, my lord." A somber attempt at a short bow turned into another laugh. When he calmed down he stared for a moment into Viggo's eyes. "Yeah, you got it. More then that other one did." He said half to himself. With a shake he started the car and drove.

Viggo wanted to ask him what he meant, but the motion of the car was lulling him into a light doze. Before he knew it they were in front of the house rented for him, Sean had put his bags just inside and was shaking him awake. "Come on, Mortensen. Just a little ways to go."

With a groan he got out of the car and walked to the front door. He could see Sean making sure he made it inside. The keys had somehow ended up in his hand. He leaned in the doorway. "Thanks Sean."

"Told you no problem. I might not be the one to get you tomorrow, but I'll be on set. Show you around. Now get some sleep." He started to get into the car when Viggo stopped him.

"Sean. The actor that was Aragorn before me."

"Townsend? What about him?"

"Was that who you meant, at the airport? What do I...why'd he get let go?"

A half smile settled on Sean's face. "His eyes hadn't seen enough. Yours have. See you tomorrow."