Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Sean thinks about the characters he has played so far.

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 324 Read: 884

Published: 01 Aug 2009 Updated: 01 Aug 2009

Like any other actor worth his salt, Sean often mulls over the characters he has played throughout his career. He has felt - still feels - for Boromir, a brother in arms who came too quickly to a tragic end, but at least not before a heroic redemption. On the other hand, Sharpe is like a next-door neighbour, all too familiar and always popping in, hanging about, watching his telly and raiding his fridge.

But sometimes, maybe after a good bottle of wine, Sean thinks about Odysseus, the sometimes misunderstood hero of yore who had to depend on his wits and tricks for his survival. It's in these rare moments that he identifies with Odysseus the most, the mythical hero lauded and celebrated in poems and myths, but underneath a poor, normal bloke who must have been scared to death at some point during his awful, long journey, lost for ten years, always trying to find his way home.

It's this random observation that he tells a bleary-eyed Viggo at 1.34am at the door of his house in LA, rain beating down on both of them like the proverbial hens, Sean blinking and telling Viggo things he never thought he could ever say to another human being and not have them hate him or reject him or laugh at him, things that didn't require wit and cunning and trickery to make them sound right, because it's always been something Sean knew that never came from the brain, but from somewhere much deeper, deep inside his chest.

It's taken him almost ten years to say them, to find his way home, and watching Viggo stare thoughtfully at him, Sean is suddenly afraid that he may be forever lost. But as the other man steps forward and slowly wraps him up in a rain-soaked embrace, Sean knows how Odysseus must have felt, finally coming home after ten years, sailing into the welcome, loving arms of Ithaca.