Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Viggo gets himself a computer

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 414 Read: 681

Published: 01 Aug 2009 Updated: 01 Aug 2009

In the end, it was Henry's incessant prodding and Orlando's gleeful gloating over the phone that he had finally gotten a PC, which made Viggo order a desktop from DELL. It arrived in two huge white boxes, accompanied by a friendly (and very patient) DELL technician, Ryan, who set everything up for Viggo and sat beside him as he taught Viggo step by step how to check emails, download files and surf the internet.

"What are these icons?"

"Oh, it's some free stuff I installed for you. This is Quicktime, which means you can watch movies and trailers and listen to podcasts." Ryan pauses at the blank look on Viggo's face. "Podcasts are like, delayed radio shows you can hear anytime you want."

"Great." Viggo was sincerely grateful that Ryan was here in Henry's absence. "And this?"

"This is Google Earth."

"What does it do?"

"Here – you can enter any address or location, and it comes up here, on your 'puter."

"Really?" Viggo was amazed. "How does it do that?"

"Satellites." Ryan's quick fingers tap on the keyboard. "Anywhere in particular you want to see?"

Viggo thought for a while. "The Pyramids?"

"Done and done." In a few seconds, they were both staring at the majestic pyramids loading on Viggo's brand-new LCD screen.

"Wow."

"You can say that again." Ryan smiled, before glancing at his watch. "I've got another appointment coming up, but why don't you do one before I go, so I can help you get the hang of it?"

"Okay." Viggo looked up at Ryan with an almost shy smile. "Does this thing work with specific addresses too?"

"Sure it does. Just click on the ‘Fly to' button and type in your address."

Viggo cautiously typed in the London address obviously committed to memory, then a satellite image of a bird's eye view of a large, beautiful English house with a sprawling, colourful garden began loading on the screen. Ryan whistled. "Wow, that's nice. Where's that?"

Viggo's smile broadened. "That's my...friend's place. I'm going there to visit him tomorrow."

"Looks like a great place, man. You're lucky." Ryan grinned as he turned and began packing up his equipment, barely noticing that Viggo was still gazing at the screen, imagining that he could see a flash of blonde in the garden, working on a large bed of gardenias.

"Yeah." Viggo reached out with a goofy smile, his fingertips brushing against the image on the screen as he thought about tomorrow. "Indeed I am."