Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: "But then the sun is gone, and there's a chill in the air."

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 510 Read: 828

Published: 01 Aug 2009 Updated: 01 Aug 2009

*****

1. Smiles

Viggo and Billy are watching Ian's interview with a local journalist at the other end of the private beach; when she wonders about a gay man playing Gandalf, Billy laughs so loud Viggo can't hear Ian's reply.

"So what about the rest of the cast?" chuckles Billy. Viggo grins, then looks up and sees Orlando and Sean Bean are on the beach too, both smiling.

Orli mimes something to Billy, and they both laugh again. Sean keeps smiling, yet Viggo, even from here, can see that Sean's eyes are not.

Viggo turns away and stares at the uncaring, endless ocean.

***

2. Games

While Henry is staying with Viggo, Sean's elder daughters come to New Zealand.

Viggo and Sean sit on the sand, watching their kids play with the two younger hobbits. Elijah's laughter flows like the waves rushing to the shore when Dom grabs him, spurring the kids to tickle his captive.

Viggo chuckles, shouting advice. Sean's beside him, so close Viggo can feel the heat rushing out at him from Sean's body, like waves.

"I'm no poof," Sean says, sounding almost angry.

Elijah, on his feet again, tackles Dom; they fall into the water.

Viggo just nods, once.

The kids laugh.

***

3. Journey

In April they have a week off. Sean asks Viggo if he'd like to see the South Island.

The landscape is magical: ancient forests, white shorelines. Viggo takes pictures of beauty. Sean laughs when Viggo takes pictures of him.

They travel by day, by night sleep in villages by the ocean. Last night of their journey back, Sean walks with Viggo on a deserted beach; under the endless sky the ocean smells of salt and eternity.

Viggo lets Sean make love to him with his hands and mouth, yet Viggo's hands are empty. Sean won't let Viggo touch him back.

***

4. Hurt

Viggo's sitting alone beside the ocean; he has a black eye and a deep dislike of surfboards. He's sure just now Peter doesn't like *him.*

He doesn't turn when he hears the footsteps; he knows. With a stoic sigh readies himself for the ribbing.

Sean sits down, asks whether he's hurting much.

The sun is setting below the horizon; for a moment Viggo thinks he hears something in Sean's voice, sees something in the distant eyes. But then the sun is gone, and there's a chill in the air.

When Sean lifts his hand to touch him, Viggo turns away.

***

5. Over

Sean is going back to London, his scenes in the movies all filmed. He's going and not coming back.

Night is falling on the beach outside Viggo's house, and long before it's over Sean will be gone. The cab's waiting.

Sean's eyes are ocean-green, dark and sunless like the night sky.

"I," Sean says; his voice trembles. "I'm not gay," he says; his fingers tremble on Viggo's cheek.

There's a scent like salt and eternity in the air, now that the sun has gone away. Viggo just nods, once, and lets Sean kiss him farewell beside the endless, uncaring ocean.

*****