Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Viggo and Sean visit Chicago. Sean has a few regrets.

Rated: G

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 487 Read: 580

Published: 01 Dec 2011 Updated: 01 Dec 2011

Mental note, Sean thought to himself, never accept Viggo's invitation to tour an art museum with him. Sean's feet ached, his head was stuffed full of random art trivia, *and* Viggo had spent at least an hour in the abstract expressionists. So his eyes hurt, too.

And now the idjit wanted to drag him to *another* piece of artwork. At least this one was outside, so there was some hope of seeing the sun today.

"C'mon, Bean, you'll like this, I promise." Viggo grabbed his hand like a five-year-old, and proceeded to tow him (five-year-old, yep) across what was, if Sean had gotten any time to actually look at it, an interesting pedestrian bridge which connected the Art Institute Musem and Millennium Park. "Ooh, look, they've got the fountain on!" Viggo screeched to a halt, nearly causing Sean to careen into him, and watched people splashing through the fountain, bookended by two tall video screens with changing faces.

Interesting, but Sean was bored once the faces cycled. Viggo, he realized, was going to stand there all day unless he said something. "Vig? Artwork, yeah? I'd like to get back to the hotel before dark..."

"Oh, right!" And there he went again with the dragging. "Okay, close your eyes."

"What? I'm not..."

"Sean," and oh hell, it was the "disappointed voice", "don't you trust me?"

Well, *hell.* "Okay, okay." Sean closed his eyes and said a quick prayer that Viggo would actually have the attention span to get them where they were going without getting either of them injured. Across a wide flat space, up three steps, turn diagonal, and up two more.

"Okay, open your eyes now."

Sean did. And stared. And stared some more. There, in all its stainless steel glory, was a sculpture of what looked like a giant bean. "It's a bean," he said dubiously.

"No, no, it's *the* Bean. Well, it's actually titled "Cloud Gate", but everyone here calls it The Bean. C'mon, you can wander under it, let's go!"

This time Sean walked under his own power, actually curious. It was a little startling to see the reflections of yourself against the Chicago skyline behind you across Michigan Avenue. And admittedly, being able to walk under the curve was pretty cool, as was the distortion of your reflection from the curve.

He was standing and watching the reflections when something caught his eye, and he knelt to look at a slightly scarred patch where someone had tried (and failed) to scratch their initials.

"Hey, Bean, what do you think..." Viggo's voice, right behind him, startled him into standing--directly into the side of the Bean.

Under the pain and his own cursing (under his breath, no sense in scaring the tourists and locals), he heard Viggo say, with distinct glee in his voice, "Oh, hey, the Bean got beaned by The Bean!"

I'll kill him later, Sean thought, and his reflection nodded sagely.