Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: They had never made each other any sort of promise.

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Crossovers Pairing: Alec Trevelyan/Nikolai Luzhin

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 1722 Read: 592

Published: 01 Dec 2011 Updated: 01 Dec 2011

“Come away from the window, Kolyushenka.”

“In a moment.” Nikolai scanned the rain-swept street five stories below. It was early in the morning; grey light filtered weakly through heavy thunderclouds, scarcely reaching the ground. Water glistened under the dimming streetlights, and only a few souls scurried furtively to and fro, seeking shelter from the damp and cold. He peered around a moment more, but saw nothing to arouse his suspicion. Shivering, he turned back toward the bed.

“Ah – you see? You’re half-frozen. Back in bed, at once.” Alec, sprawled naked across the disheveled sheets, patted the empty space beside him. His hair fell untidily over his brow, an imperfection he would never permit outside the privacy of his bedroom, and the bedside light illuminated the harsh terrain of his scarred face. “Indulge your paranoia another day.”

“I call it circumspection,” Nikolai replied, climbing into bed and pulling up the covers. He lay back and allowed Alec to pull him close and kiss him roughly for a moment. “You might do the same.”

“Why should I, when you’re paranoid enough – forgive me, circumspect – for us both?” Alec slid his hands from Nikolai’s shoulders down to his arms and pinned Nikolai’s wrists to the bed. “Tell me, Kolyushenka – what would you do if I didn’t let you leave this room? If I overpowered you….” He traced the shape of Nikolai’s ear with his tongue and gently bit the lobe. “If I bound you to the bed and kept you as my slave?”

The softly spoken words and the sensation of Alec’s stiffening prick against his thigh stirred Nikolai’s cock into life. “What would the cleaning staff say?”

“They’re very discreet.”

“What would I do, then,” Nikolai mused, arching his neck as Alec climbed atop him and rubbed their pricks together. “I suppose I would be duty-bound to escape.”

“Are you particularly adept at slipping knots?”

“I don’t know, I’ve never –“ Nikolai stopped short as Alec produced his discarded necktie and drew Nikolai’s hands together. Gently, Alec bound Nikolai’s wrists with one end of the tie, drew them above his head, and then tied the other end to a loop in the ornamental headboard. “How long do you plan to keep me here?”

Alec merely smiled and bent his head to Nikolai’s chest. He suckled one nipple, then the other, catching the second lightly in his teeth and pulling until Nikolai gasped. He traced his finger over the cross emblazoned on Nikolai’s flesh. “Until you beg me to release you.”

“Is that what you want?” Nikolai’s hips rocked forward, straining for the touch of Alec’s cock again.

“I’ve never heard you beg.” Alec spread Nikolai’s thighs apart, pressing them down, and bent until his mouth hovered just over Nikolai’s erect cock.

Nikolai squirmed fruitlessly, pulling against the dark-red silk of Alec’s tie and rendering it completely unusable. Alec’s warm breath created the lightest, maddening sensation against Nikolai’s cock, and it drew closer and closer until Nikolai felt the warm, wet touch of Alec’s tongue against the slit. Nikolai gave a soft moan and thrust his hips forward.

“Patience,” Alec whispered, his words muffled against Nikolai’s prick. He licked the underside slowly, swirling his tongue round.

“Untie me.”

“No.” Alec straddled Nikolai’s hips and grasped his hands. He stared into Nikolai’s eyes. “Absolutely not. That sounded like a demand, not a plea.”

“Alyosha, this isn’t fair.”

“Did I ever say I was fair?” Alec made free with his hands, caressing sensitive and vulnerable flesh: the underside of Nikolai’s arms, the insides of his thighs, the backs of his knees. His tongue flickered over Nikolai’s body, taunting him, licking at the droplets at the tip of Nikolai’s cock, the delicate skin of his navel, then diving into Nikolai’s mouth for plundering kisses while Alec’s fingers curled round Nikolai’s cock, pulling and stroking until Nikolai writhed beneath him. “Go on. Beg me,” Alec murmured against Nikolai’s mouth.

Nikolai clenched his hands into fists and remained silent.

“Such a brave soldier.” A blend of mockery and affection tinged Alec’s voice. “Do you want me to fuck you, Kolyushenka? Just say the word.” He spread Nikolai’s legs apart and pushed them up, forcing his knees toward the headboard. “Not going to beg? That prick of yours is begging.” Alec spat in his hand and stroked his own cock. “Very well. Stay silent, then.”

As Alec thrust slowly inside him, Nikolai bit his lip until it bled. The battle of wills ended in a draw.



*



Alec cleaned Nikolai with a warm, wet towel, and then cut him free, regarding his tie with dismay. “I rather liked this one.”

“Next time, bring rope.”

“Oh, so there will be a next time?” Alec laughed and massaged Nikolai’s reddened wrists. “Very good.” Gently, he kissed Nikolai’s palm. “Did I hurt you?”

Nikolai shook his head and cupped Alec’s unscarred cheek, leaning up for a kiss. “I can’t stay.”

Alec clamped his mouth shut so that his impatient sigh hissed through his nostrils. “Why ever not?”

“I’ll get fired.”

“Oh, yes.” Alec leaned over Nikolai for the cigarette box. He sat against the headboard and tapped the cigarette against his upraised bare knee. “How is that going? Tell me what you do again?”

Nikolai suppressed a faint smile. Alec knew very well what he did. “Driver.”

Alec’s face betrayed his scorn as he lit his cigarette and inhaled. He brushed the hair away from his brow and stared straight ahead. “That’s right – driver. For the vor scum and his idiot spawn. What a waste of your talents.”

“I have to get my foot in the door. You know that.”

“Yes, I know. God almighty.” Alec exhaled a plume of smoke and looked up at the ceiling. “I don’t suppose it’s worthwhile asking you to come and work for me.”

“You know what my answer would be.” Nikolai stroked Alec’s belly with gentleness to take the sting from his words.

“I suppose I do. I wonder why you haven’t betrayed me, Kolyushenka. Both MI6 and the FSB would be delighted to see my head on a pole.”

Nikolai said nothing.

“And I suppose that somewhere in my heart I prefer that you remain uncorrupted.”

“I wouldn’t go so far as to say that.”

Alec half-smiled. “How little you know yourself.”

Unwilling to argue, Nikolai let it go. “I’m learning a great deal. So much travels through Semyon’s networks. They haven’t confided in me, but sometimes they’re careless. And I’ve allowed it to be known that I’m capable of handling the rougher stuff.”

“Since you mention rougher stuff, you should know, Nikolai, that Kirill Semyonovich frequents a number of Soho bath houses that have somewhat unsavory reputations.” Acid underscored Alec’s words.

“Do I detect a note of jealousy?”

“You detect a note of selfishness. I just fucked you without a condom, or hadn’t you noticed?”

“He hasn’t fucked me.”

“Yet. I saw him staring at you as if he were a starving man and you were a plate of hot pirozhki. He –“ Alec bit his lip and flicked the end of his cigarette ash into an empty vodka glass. “It doesn’t matter. We never made any sort of promise to each other, you and I.”

“No,” Nikolai said softly. He rose up on his elbows and watched Alec’s face. “We didn’t.”

Alec sighed. “Just be careful, please.”

“I’m always careful. Paranoid, in fact. You should be careful also.”

“Yes, I know.” Alec stubbed out his cigarette and smiled. He stretched luxuriously and gathered Nikolai into his arms. “Once more before you leave, hm? No tricks this time.” He fondled Nikolai’s hip and thigh.

“No? I rather enjoyed being your prisoner.”

Alec laughed quietly and kissed down Nikolai’s leg. He caressed Nikolai’s insteps, the soles of his feet, and then closed one long hand around Nikolai’s ankle. He stared down at the chain tattoo. “I think you’ve been a prisoner long enough.”



*



Nikolai waited in the dark recess of two buildings, his heart pounding in his chest. There was a stench of rotten food and decades of raw sewage, and the rain splashed on his face, stinging his eyes, but he remained motionless, listening to the young man talking loudly and enthusiastically on his mobile phone.

“Yeah, it’s him. Fuck’s sake! He just went right into the bloody restaurant, not a care in the world. No, I’m waiting for him now. Double-oh-fucking-six. Can you believe it? No, don’t you dare. I’ve got this one on my own. Of course, alive. Jesus! No. Doesn’t matter how he’s survived up ‘til now, he’s fucked and he doesn’t even know it. Yeah, right. Right. You owe me dinner, Martin. Right. Laters.” The young man snapped his mobile shut and slipped it in his pocket. He leaned up against the filthy brick wall, whistling.

Neither Nikolai nor the young man had to wait long. Across the street, a door opened and Alec stepped out, handsome in a black topcoat, shielded by a restaurant employee with a large umbrella, and keyed open a sleek green Jaguar. The young man fumbled in his pocket and withdrew a gun. Nikolai darted forward, clamped a hand over the man’s mouth, grasped his head, and twisted sharply. There was an audible snap, and the young man collapsed to the ground. Nikolai crouched beside the young man and rifled through his pockets, taking his wallet and mobile. He pried the weapon out of the clenched hand and examined it. Stun gun – what a prize Alec Trevelyan would have been.

Nikolai watched Alec drive away and pulled out his own mobile to call Alec, to warn him. A carefully worded warning would suffice. He wouldn’t mention tonight’s incident. Alec was wrong; Nikolai was no innocent, but there was no reason to disabuse Alec of his romantic notions.

After all, they had never made each other any sort of promise.