Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Early one morning just as the sun was rising...

Rated: G

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 274 Read: 403

Published: 03 Sep 2011 Updated: 03 Sep 2011

Along the beach...


The sun was rising behind them. Two figures, just walking on the beach, their shadows falling long and active before them. The sand was rippling from the left-behind movement of the sea, and as they walked the little hollows sparkled seawater around their feet. They held hands, lightly, not possessively, just holding contact, giving and receiving assurance. The sun rose higher, and they slowed, feeling the warmth of the brightness stroking their shoulders, until they halted.

The tide, ever further in the distance, hardly whispered in their ears, and the gulls cried softly, "Far... Far... Farfar" The men turned, facing one another, two hands still linked by curled fingers. They gazed, long, deep, almost as if trying to join physically with eye contact. Then, without speaking they both turned again and retraced their steps, their shadows now obediently following, not dancing before. The long gentle walk back to their starting point was the confirmation of a decision taken during the walk.

Then they slowly moved, arms now linked, and arms around, walking up to the high grassy bank overlooking the bay. There was a delicate leafy tree growing sturdily from behind a group of coloured rocks. The men stopped, laying down their coats upon two rocks, one golden, and one darker, to match the colours of their hair. The blond man leant in to his darker haired companion, his hand holding a chin to lift to kiss, gently and quietly. Then they sat, close, entwined arms, hands and hearts. It was an elderberry tree, in the first flower of summer. wafting perfume silently into the ocean air. Elderberry, the Steadfast Tree.