Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: There are some things no lover should hear

Rated: PG-13

Categories: LOTR FPS Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 316 Read: 762

Published: 26 Feb 2011 Updated: 26 Feb 2011

Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: "These characters originate with their copyright holders. I borrow them for entertainment, not profit."
Boromir is endeavouring to give his whole attention to the document before him, but the welcome breeze about the citadel is bringing snatches of laughter, fragments of conversation, in at the open window. It is too hot to close the shutters and so he must endure the agony, waiting to hear Aragorn moan again.

His clerks go about their work warily, until one is startled by a cry and drops a pounce pot which shatters on the tiled floor. His fellows exclaim in sympathy, rush to clear up the spilled sand and usher him out hastily and Boromir is hardly aware that his lip has curled, showing a sharp white canine.

Now alone, his King’s voice from the garden, low and breathless, assaults him again and he surrenders, throwing down the parchment and clamping his hands over his ears, he closes his eyes and rests his forehead on his desk.

He has no sense of time, lost in painful memories, until a light rapping on the wood makes him lift his head and gaze up into the face of the Queen.

Boromir cannot decide whether he would as lief face a company of orc. He rises to his feet, saying, “Majesty,” hoarsely. Arwen waves away the offer of his chair.

“Is it done?”

“Yes, Boromir, it is done and I think,” she adds, “that the healers are pleased. A pinched place in the small of his back. Celond recommends warm oils worked into the muscles and has given me the task. Also sea bathing, but you,“she looks at him with sharp eyes, “must oversee that.”

“Ay, ma’am.”

She is walking to the door and Boromir thinks of a swan passing over a mirrored lake.

“And perhaps,” she murmurs, but now he can see small crinkles at the corners of her mouth and hear a shiver of warmth in her words, “a larger hammock.”