Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: In which Viggo gets spooked on Halloween

Rated: G

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 599 Read: 1023

Published: 13 Nov 2010 Updated: 13 Nov 2010

“Only a fool would stop and pick up a hitcher on a dark and stormy night like this, especially on Halloween,” Viggo told himself out loud as his headlights picked up the figure standing at the crossroads.

He must have been a fool, though, because he found himself compelled to pull over and put````` down the window to let the guy lean in. That did give him a shock,

“Sean?” he said, even though he knew that Sean was in London – had spoken to him not an hour ago in fact.

“Name’s Ryder, John Ryder. So are you going to give me a ride?”

He was so like Sean and yet not Sean, but somehow, Viggo couldn’t drive on.

“Please?”

Now Viggo had never been able to resist Sean begging, so he unlocked the doors and the dripping figure climbed into the car. They drove on for a mile in silence and then Viggo asked,

“So where are we going?”

There was a throaty chuckle, so nearly like Sean and he heard the click of a switch blade,

“I’m going to hell and I’m taking you with me…eventually.” The point of a blade pricked Viggo’s neck and he felt a fine trickle of blood rum down inside his shirt.

“I see some woods up ahead and you are going to drive in there when I tell you, then we can have some Halloween fun.”

Surprised to find that he wasn’t actually frightened, Viggo drove on until they came to a forestry track and a sharp jab from the knife indicated that he should turn in. The car bumped over some humps and potholes and had to brake at a locked gate.

“Perfect. Now turn off the engine and climb in the back.”

Viggo turned the key, but as he went to get out, another familiar voice spoke from the back seat and he turned to see moonlight shining on the barrel of a rifle, which was pointed at Ryder,

“I do not think so. There is no room, because we are here, watching his back, always on guard.”

A second pair of shotgun barrels appeared and a dog barked.

“We are here to take care of him. The woods don’t belong to you. Get back on the road.”

Ryder snarled, but denied his prey, he clicked the knife shut and stumbled from the car.

A figure clad in mail, with a big, round shield and a broadsword detached itself from the shadows and escorted him away towards the road.

“You may pass on in peace now. He will not trouble you again, nor any of the other evil ones, not on our watch.”

The rifleman got out of the car, shouldered his rifle and saluted, before melting away into the darkness. The gamekeeper touched his cap and whistled to the dog and both were soon lost among the trees.

Viggo shook his head. Weird what a vivid imagination and lack of sleep could do on a night like this. He started up his car and as he reversed out of the track, caught his reflection in the corner of the rear view mirror. A rusty red line led from below his jaw down his neck and disappeared beneath his collar.

Back on the road, he saw the figure in the long coat trudging through the rain, head down, the ghostly figure of the warrior still dogging his steps. This time, he sped up and passed the man and when he looked back, he saw the warrior’s sword raised in farewell.