Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Boromir has reason to chastise his King

Rated: PG-13

Categories: LOTR FPS Pairing: Aragorn/Boromir

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 313 Read: 1358

Published: 13 May 2010 Updated: 13 May 2010

Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER: "These characters originate with their copyright holders. I borrow them for entertainment, not profit."
The Ranger could whistle low, so coaxing that any horse would come to him. The Warrior before the Gates could whistle high and shrill, cutting through the din of battle to guide his men. And the King? The King could whistle as sweet as a bird, duet with the lark when he thought no-one was listening.

Boromir had heard them all and answered each. One call only left him dumb, afraid to open his mouth.

Tact was thought apt in an envoy. This man was obsequious, loquacious, tedious and tenacious. The King had basely left Queen and Steward to entertain him whilst treaties were signed and now they were trapped.

The drift of silky lapdogs stirred restlessly about Arwen’s feet as the envoy droned on. Then Boromir became aware of a tune insinuating itself into the room from the garden beyond. He knew the tune, recognised the danger, but before he could do aught, warn the Queen in some way, the note slid by a fraction, flattened to set his teeth aching and with one voice the pack took up the song.

It was remarkable how much noise small dogs could make. The ambassador battled the cacophony for a sentence or two, whilst Boromir set his jaw and looked especially grave and the Queen gesticulated at her pets, which might have been chastisement or might have been conducting them. Finally he was shown out with much bowing on all sides and Boromir could lean out of the casement to see Aragorn, at his ease on the grass, eyes closed in apparent ecstasy as he slaughtered a favourite song, until Arwen threw a cushion at him.

Later, as penance for undermining the dignity of an official visit, the Lord Steward had that wicked mouth employed more profitably, bravely risking injury when he commenced to whistle softly, off-key, and the King began to giggle.