Summary: Sean and Viggo both work in the same hospital

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 19 Completed: No

Word count: 23335 Read: 18119

Published: 30 Jan 2010 Updated: 30 Jan 2010

"Hi, Dr. Bean!"

Sean turned his head to answer the greeting and winced at the grinding sensation in his neck. "Hi, Ewan," he replied with a smile and continued his stroll along the corridor. Ewan was a new recruit at the hospital and Sean liked the young nurse's cheerful nature. He'd like him even more if only the pain in his neck would abate.

A second year intern at a military hospital in South England, Sean hadn't yet decided whether to specialise in urology or internal medicine. Seeing how hard their new student worked, his mentors had encouraged him to take his time, maybe even do both. He was generally liked for his quiet and gentle manner. His supervisors were convinced that given experience he'd make a good doctor in either of the two fields, in particular as he'd already obtained a degree in surgery.

When his brother had been admitted to the hospital, everyone had been supportive and even suggested he adjust his working hours to allow frequent visits. David was a member of the armed forces in the disaster management department. Providing emergency relief after a major earthquake on the continent, he'd been trying to rescue a family from their ruined house. He'd gotten them out, but when the roof had collapsed, he'd found himself trapped under a beam that had crushed his left shoulder and hip.

David had already been in hospital for some time and was improving well when Sean's car had been T-boned by a drunk driver. Ironically, he'd been on his way to a night shift at the A&E and the ambulance had brought him to that very place. Knowing that he'd be a hazard to patients after he'd been diagnosed with a concussion and whiplash, he'd still felt guilty for letting his colleagues down. Even later, when the police had assured him there was nothing he could have done, he wasn't convinced, but he accepted that he needed to let his concussion heal before taking up work again.

While Sean was nursing his sore head and neck, David's bones had continued to knit well and by the time Sean didn't have to wear a cervical collar any longer, David had started with physiotherapy and was looking forward to leaving the hospital. After a rough time, things were looking bright again for the brothers.

Today, Sean was on his way to visit David during his lunch break. He was earlier than usual and found his brother with a man who could have stepped out of a fashion advertisement – about six feet tall, broad-shouldered, narrow-hipped, masculine, handsome face, dirt blond hair brushed back, and bronze skin highlighted by his white attire. David's face was distorted with exertion and probably some pain as well, but the blond encouraged him in a soothing, light baritone voice as he guided him through a series of exercises.

David and the stranger both acknowledged Sean's presence with a smile. Not wishing to interrupt the session, Sean sat in a chair and watched, awed by the progress his brother was making. He himself felt much improved after his accident, but he was still suffering from tension headaches as his neck muscles had atrophied after wearing a cervical collar for a few weeks. Unconsciously rubbing his neck and temples, he closed his eyes, enjoying his brother's soft laugh. David was definitely on the mend.

Suddenly, a warm hand joined his on his neck, probing firmly.

"Whiplash, a few days off the collar?"

Startled, Sean looked up into a serious face with slate-blue eyes surrounded by laugh lines. Puzzled at first, he realised that David must have told the physiotherapist. "Three days."

The man nodded, then peered at Sean's badge. "Are you on day shift?" When Sean confirmed that, the therapist scribbled something on a pad he'd pulled from his breast pocket and handed it to him. "See me when you're done. I can help you." He smiled at the brothers and left.

David laughed at Sean's dumb-struck face. "That's Viggo for you," he chuckled, "and no, I didn't tell him anything. He's really good in his job, but I swear sometime's he's outright scary. Go see him; you look as if some PT won't hurt."

Sighing, Sean admitted that his brother was right. He'd thought about physical therapy himself, but hadn't gotten so far as asking for a referral. Their talk turned to general matters and soon, Sean returned to finish his shift.

The piece of paper held a building and room number. When Sean arrived, the door was open and he watched the blond man sitting at his desk, writing, before he knocked on the door frame. The man looked up and smiled, then motioned to Sean to come in before getting up and extending a hand.

"Let's start with proper introductions? My name's Viggo Mortensen and I started working in your physio department few weeks ago." His handshake was firm and confident, the faint accent difficult to place.

"Sean Bean, intern, currently in the A&E" Sean replied, not sure of himself. Viggo was one of the most attractive men he'd ever met and he was annoyed with himself when he found himself hardening. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

Apparently, Viggo hadn't noticed. He guided Sean to a therapy room and asked him to sit in a chair. "Relax and let's see what I can do for you."

Sean sat and tried to relax while the other man gently moved and manipulated his head. Viggo was standing behind him, speaking softly, and after a while, Sean relaxed enough to let his head be handled. There was something soothing and hypnotic in the ministrations. Sean's breathing turned calm and he felt the tension melt away. David had been right; the man was good. The only thing he found disconcerting was when Viggo placed Sean's head against his firm belly; the thought of the taut abdominals made the blood pool in Sean's groin. He was relieved that Viggo was standing behind him and wouldn't notice.

After a few more minutes of gentle manipulation, Viggo indicated that Sean should take his shirt off and lay face-down on a massage table. Sean had hurried to comply before the other man could notice his embarrassment. The massage had further reduced the tension in his neck and shoulders, but Viggo's warm, firm touch had made him agonisingly hard.

When Viggo told him he could get up and dress again, Sean tried to stall in order to hide his predicament. He stretched and made a lame joke that it was a shame he had to get up when he was so nicely relaxed. In reply, Viggo put a hand on Sean's shoulder and suggested he should stay as long as he liked. Sean gasped at the renewed contact, a tingle running through his body that he couldn't suppress, and he groaned.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of." Until now, there'd always been a hint of laughter in Viggo's voice, but now he was serious.

Sean felt himself blush and closed his eyes. For years, he'd been successful in hiding his desires from everyone, but it had taken this blue-eyed stranger only a minute to find him out.

Kneading Sean's shoulder, Viggo added in a soft voice, "It takes one to know one. Your secret is safe with me." He removed his hand, then spread a blanket over Sean and repeated, "Stay as long as you like."

It had taken a while, but finally Sean dared to get up and dress. When he returned to Viggo's office, he was greeted by the same open smile as before; nothing had changed. They discussed a few technicalities to make Sean an official patient, then agreed on a time for an appointment the following day.

When Sean returned home, his mind was in turmoil, but with his body relaxed and mellow from the massage he also realised he hadn't felt so good in a long time. He told himself he was only looking forward to tomorrow's appointment because it was good for his neck. However, when he closed his eyes later, the image of the therapist's smiling face followed him to his dreams.