Summary: Sean's into hot men and fast cars. Viggo's in the market for both. When they meet it's electric, but will it last?

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: AU

Challenges:

Series: Boys and Their Toys

Chapters: 30 Completed: Yes

Word count: 37792 Read: 44414

Published: 29 Jul 2009 Updated: 29 Jul 2009

Story Notes:
AU
Viggo was astounded by the room in front of him, his eyes moving greedily from one shiny car to the next. Had he been a less dignified man, he would have admitted freely that yes, that was drool coming out of his mouth and could he please have a napkin before it landed on the floor?

While Viggo was gazing around the room, trying to decide what he wanted to look at first, Sean elbowed his senior salesman, Karl.

"I'll take care of this one myself, Karl. Next one's yours."

Karl groaned inwardly. The guy was sex on legs.

Sean grinned widely, walking away from his associate and towards the man, smoothing out his suit as he walked. "Good afternoon, Sir, and welcome to my humble business...The name's Bean. How may I help you today?"
Viggo turned towards the richly accented voice, eyes scanning the handsome suited man.

"I'm in the market for a car. Not just any car, I want something special."

"Well," Sean answered, "I think we may have just what you're looking for. Sorry, don't think I caught your name."

"Mortensen. Viggo Mortensen. And from the looks of things, I'm fairly sure we can find something that will make me happy."

"Oh, I'm sure I can," Sean mumbled under his breath.

"Right this way, Mr. Mortensen. So, tell me, what exactly are we looking for today? Family car, something to take the family around in?"

"Funny, I don't see many family cars around here. Is that selection hiding in the back, maybe?"

"We have a few, would you be interested in them?"

"No, thanks. I'm more in the market for something small, and fast. Very fast."

"I thought as much." Sean looked around the gleaming showroom, pretending to search. He already knew the exact car that would fit this man; he had known it from the minute he’d walked in. But a little game of hard-to-get never hurt anyone, now did it?

"Well, let’s start over here, first. Do you have any other specifications besides small and fast?"

Viggo started to follow Sean across the showroom towards a small white sports car.

"Actually, I'm rather fond of red. Say, that beauty over there."

Turning towards the Mazda Ryuga, Viggo moved away from Sean and towards the small red car.

Sean grinned, congratulating himself briefly on another sale well-predicted. "Well, Mr. Mortensen, you certainly have an eye for cars. But surely you wouldn't want something as outlandish as that? It's not for the faint of heart, or wallet, that's for certain."
"I don't think that you need to worry about my abilities to handle the car, Mr. Bean. And money isn’t an object. Let's take him for a spin, shall we?"

"I enjoy a man who thinks he knows what he wants. All right." Sean took off his suit jacket and hung it on a hook, his tailored shirt clinging in all the right places. "Let’s see what you can do with him."

Viggo cocked an eyebrow in surprise when Sean also referred to the car as “him”. “Usually men tend to look at cars as female."


"Certain kinds of men, yes." Sean smiled mysteriously and got the keys to the car. "Shall I start out driving? Just to show you the ropes?"

Viggo plucked the keys from Sean's fingers. "No, let's see what I can do with him. After all, it's my money."
"You break it, you buy it." There was laughter in Sean's eyes, and no doubt in his voice, so Viggo only smiled and slipped into the car, letting out an audible sigh as the smooth leather interior hugged his form like it was made for him. The sound went straight to Sean's groin, but he managed to hide it easily as he got into the passenger side.

"So, Mr. Mortensen, have you had any experience in a high powered machine like this?"

"Call me Viggo. And you could say that."

Pulling out to the street, Viggo headed for the freeway on- ramp, a small smile playing across his face.

Sean watched Viggo drive for a few miles, knowing that you could tell a lot about a person from the way he or she drove. For instance, he noticed that Viggo drove with his thumbs on the horn, as if ready to beep at a dangerous driver, or a really slow one. And while his outward demeanor was relaxed, his eyes were moving more than normal, as if searching for the quickest way through traffic and around barriers. But at stop lights, the car didn't move until the light was green, unlike the cars of other drivers that slowly crept up with each passing second. It was all painting a very contrasting picture of his buyer indeed.

Finally, hitting the top of the on-ramp, Viggo pressed down firmly on the gas pedal, opening the car up immediately to full throttle. Sean watched as Viggo sped down the freeway, weaving in and out of the moderate midday traffic.

After a few miles, he eased up, moving to the outside lane and taking the next off-ramp, turning the car back towards the dealership.

"Let’s play around for a little more," Sean suggested lightly. "See what he can really do, yea?"

"I get the feeling you want to see more than just what the car can do, Mr. Bean."

Sean blinked innocently. "Whatever could you mean?"

"I think you know exactly what I mean, Mr. Bean. But I can play along, for now. So, what do you have in mind?"

"Do you live in this area?"

"Yes. My second home is quite near here, actually."

"Why don't you take us up towards the old race track? Lots of interesting roads up that way."

Viggo nodded and turned the car east at the first opportunity, feeling it purr underneath his fingers. "The old race track? Fond memories from there, Mr. Bean?"

"Please, call me Sean. And yes, you could say that."

"Well, Sean, I'd be interested in hearing about that. I've got a few stories from the local track myself."

"We probably crossed paths a few times here and there and didn't even know it."

Viggo turned a bit in his seat just for a moment, as if appraising the man beside him. "I doubt it, Sean. I would have noticed someone like you."

Sean grinned at that.

"Well, it has been a few years since the track was open and all.”

"That it has. So, Sean, tell me about your experiences," Viggo said, turning the car into the deserted parking lot.

"Ah, the tales of my sordid youth..." He chuckled softly. "Not too much to tell, Viggo. I started hanging around the track when I was old enough to walk there on my own. I snuck in through a hole in the fence that was around the first turn, my mother always wondered how I managed to rip my clothes every day." His face turned soft with far-away memories. "What about you, Viggo, how'd you get started hanging around a place like this? You don't look like the type of man who'd be interested."

"I haven't been to a race in many years," Viggo admitted softly. "Too bad, really, but I get so busy sometimes that I forget what used to make me happy. I started hanging around this track when I was in my teens. There wasn't a thing about the place I didn't find exciting. I worked for a while as a pit boy. The driver was my idol at the time."

Sean smiled. "I know how that was. The excitement, watching them practice and wondering if they'd let you have a go, hanging out with 'the guys' until late in the evening.”

Viggo rubbed the back of his neck, unsure where this conversation was going. He had a lot more memories of the track, and the driver, than he thought Sean really would want to hear.
Sean ran his hand along the dash in front of him, the atmosphere in the car turning awkward and tense.

"Think we could break in there and give him a go? For old time’s sake and all?" Viggo finally asked quietly, eyeing the old gate.