Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: When you can't get what you want, sometimes you take the next best thing.

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 2031 Read: 903

Published: 16 Aug 2009 Updated: 16 Aug 2009

Story Notes:
He almost didn't wait. The cool taste of the coming rain was in the air and it would have been easy enough to take a cab back to his hotel, sleep away the leftover jetlag in time to shovel on a little more on his flight tomorrow and Sean would never know he was here.

Tempting and so very easy, but nothing had ever been easy between them and Viggo didn't see a reason to start now. Wasn't even sure Sean would walk out through the theater entrance even if the usher he had slipped a small fold of bills assured him he always did. Minutes ticked by and he was starting to doubt it and if Sean had already left, slipped out through the stage entrance, that would have been all right too. He'd seen what he'd come to see; anything after this was just party favors.

The rain started to fall just before Sean walked out and Viggo was watching it so intently he almost didn't see him. It didn't matter; the expression on Sean's face spoke volumes, stated clearly he'd already known who was waiting for him. He looked good even though his hair was a little too short for Viggo's tastes, wrapped in a very nice cashmere coat that was a stark contrast to the shabby, canvas one he was wearing, and he stopped far enough away that Viggo couldn't reach out and touch him without stepping forward. He didn't.

"Thought we weren't going to see each other for a while." Not harsh but lined with a certain weariness that pained Viggo to hear. His fault, like most of this but admitting it didn't change anything.

"I wanted to see the play," he admitted softly and Sean sighed.

"See, that's where I get confused. Seeing the play means seeing me, so that would appear to be a direct violation of the rules."

"I know. I wasn't going to stay but I didn't think that would be fair to you."

"Thanks." Dryly, and then there was only the rain and the harsh purr of cars driving past them.

"I never liked Shakespeare." Viggo said suddenly, watching the blur of cars, their colors lusterless and dark even in the rain. "All his plays end the same. Either everyone dies or they all get married."

Sean shrugged, shifting his feet. "That was the reality. They didn't exactly have a happily ever after then."

"Not much has changed."

"Stop it." Harshly, but there was a hint of a plea in it as well and Viggo hadn't meant to do that, not again.

"I only wanted to see the play." A weak excuse but it was the only one he had.

"You've seen it, Viggo, please, just..." Sean sighed again, pressing his fingers against his eyes. "Why can't you make up your mind?"

"I don't know." Barely more than a whisper and Viggo barked out a harsh laugh, strangling it down before they got any strange looks. "Seems like we've played this scene before."

The corners of Sean's eyes crinkled in a faint smile and, suddenly it was all right to be here, standing and watching the rain. Sean shook his head a little, still smiling, "I know the scene, but not the lines."

"Work off the script."

Sean sighed again and opened the umbrella that had been dangling uselessly from his fingers. "Come on, then," he said, gesturing impatiently when Viggo didn't move. "You're already here, promises broken, right? So come on.

"My hotel is just down the street." He hadn't meant to say that, hadn't meant to do anything more than see the play and he was going to keep telling himself that until he believed it.

The barest flinch in Sean's eyes before he nodded silently and they crowded in under the umbrella and started walking.

It was too quiet, even with the rain hammering down around them, pattering a primal rhythm above them on the umbrella, and Viggo reached for refuge of awkward chatter, hoping Sean would just go with it and let him pretend for a little while. "What have you been doing lately?"

"That's not what you want to ask me." Sean voice was cool and he kept his eyes forward on the wet street.

It wasn't, and he realized Sean was angry; he was just trying to be civil about it, didn't want the flashburn argument to ruin this, maybe, and fuck it, if Sean couldn't pretend for a few pathetic hours then there was no reason for him to either.

"Have you been with anyone else?" His voice was as cool as Sean's and Viggo felt a certain pride in that.

"Well, let me think. There's two gals on the cast who were up for a little something, together even, and I saw Orlando last week. You know, he started shaving everywhere on his body? Looks a little strange but it's sexy as all hell. Just soft and smooth, and..."

"Stop." Hated the catch in his voice. "You slept with Orlando?"

"Didn't you?"

"Yes." Yes, he had but it had been different then.

"I let him fuck me, even." Still cool but his tone was flatter, as if he was ashamed of admitting it. Viggo wondered exactly what had happened, knew better than to ask. He let it drop, preferring the echoing rain to this sort of torture and it was his own fault, he had
asked, dammit, and when had he turned into such a masochist?

It was worse in the elevator, the silence, with nothing but tinny music to distract him from Sean standing next to him, a little damp even with the umbrella and it had been two months now. Two months since he'd decided he couldn't take it anymore, the flirtatious glances that weren't directed at him, the interludes that Sean had never spoken of; he hadn't needed to. It was worse somehow than watching Sean fuck someone right in front of him, the things that he didn't know and couldn't ask.

Two months and he'd set up the rules when he'd left. And he'd broken them when he came back, and he was unlocking his hotel room and letting Sean inside.

His back struck the door with enough force to knock the breath from him, and Viggo had no chance to regain it when Sean covered his mouth with his own in a vicious kiss, the taste of warm copper shadowing Sean's taste in crimson. His mouth is so casually brutal, crushing their lips against Viggo's teeth and curling their tongues slickly together, the underlying desperation is as obvious as a spoken word and God, this was what he'd been missing for two fucking months and how had he ever thought he could leave it forever?

Sean's hands were burrowing beneath his coat, stripping him with quick efficiency until the door was cold against his back and he didn't think he'd ever been so hard, the harsh friction of Sean's coat against his cock abrading him. Almost too much and he tried to fumble the coat off, struggling with oversized buttons while Sean's hands dug into his hips and he rubbed them together, not helping in the least and the burn of friction made Viggo hiss, trying to protest.

"Let me go," Viggo gasped, wanting to struggle but how could he when it still felt so fucking good?

"It's always what you want, isn't it?" Gaspy laughter against his ear before Sean abruptly backed away and yanked Viggo with him, shoving him in the direction of the bed. The edge caught him at the backs of his knees and Viggo sat down hard, narrowly avoiding biting his tongue as his teeth clicked together. Sean was smiling at him, his eyes cool and appraising as he studied Viggo's nakedness. "Always what you want."

That's not true, he tried to say, tried to think of a way to protest that unfairness but Sean was stripping, baring long, clean lines of skin and he couldn't help staring, even when Sean was finished and walked towards him, even when Sean pushed him backwards on the bed, looming over him and closing his teeth harshly on a pinch of skin at the base of Viggo's throat.

"Don't," he tried, choking on the words when Sean raised a hand to his mouth and licked it deliberately before wrapping his wet, callused palm around Viggo's dick, and fuck, who could talk through that? Who would want to?

Sean hooked one leg around one of Viggo's, forcing them further apart as he jerked him off with hard, desperate strokes and this was as much a part of Sean as anything, so plainly overwhelming, and Viggo could barely manage a flinch when Sean moved to crouch between his legs, slickened fingers probing at his ass and pushing in too quickly, barely preparing him before they pulled out.

"Wait," Viggo gasped, not sure if he meant it and it didn't even matter as Sean's hands slid up his arms and caught his wrists.

"No." Sean's kisses were suddenly tender against Viggo's bruised lips. "I don't think so."

Pressure, prodding its way inside him and it had been two months and some odd days since he felt this, the burn of it briefly unbearable and he cried out softly into Sean's mouth, hardly aware of being soothed. Soft words and touches, a marked contrast to his earlier brutality and each gentle kiss was like an apology as Sean rocked against him.

It was almost too much, the unyielding pressure inside him, the awkward curl of his legs hitched over Sean's shoulders, and he was buried in pure, raw sensation, shuddering with it as he was bent nearly double, the thrusts coming faster now with returning violence. He felt it the second Sean lost control, watched the reflection tremble across his face, heard it in the break of his voice as Sean cried out, surging inside once more, hard enough to drag another startled cry from Viggo, and he could come just from that, from Sean wanting him so very desperately.

Sean could fuck whomever he wanted but he always came back to this, and sometimes that was almost good enough. The slick, hot pressure of Sean's hand dragged him back from smugness and Viggo closed his eyes and went with it, and, God, if only it wasn't always so damned good, and he was such a fucking hypocritical prig because he always came back, too.

He didn't make a sound when he came, biting the tip of his tongue hard enough that his eyes watered in sympathy. He couldn't allow it, not another betrayal of self, not tonight, and if he was gasping and trembling when it was over with then at least Sean was too.

More silence, though not as awkward as before and Viggo would have accepted this quiet for hours so long as neither of them had to move; all he had to hear was the gentle thrumming of Sean's heart beneath his ear. Two wishes were denied him when Sean slipped away from him a few minutes later, quietly dressing.

Viggo watched him silently and even if he could have thought of something to say, he wasn't sure he would have. It took only a short time for Sean to look as calm and impeccable as he had at the theater, his hair too short to be properly mussed and there wasn't so much as smudge to reveal what he'd just been doing.

"The two of us, we're like Shakespeare, you know," Sean said, not looking at him as he buttoned his coat. "We don't get a happily ever after. It doesn't work that way."

"I hate Shakespeare."

Sean's lips quirked into a faint smile. "Yeah, I know." The click of the door as it shut behind him was obscenely loud in the silent room, and Viggo looked up at the ceiling through the darkness and wondered why they hadn't turned on the light.

~~*~~

I won't be faithful to you. I can't. I tried all this before, you know? Never works. But I do love you, yeah? I always will.

I know you do. I know.