Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: The boys each open one gift on Christmas Eve.

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 751 Read: 744

Published: 16 Aug 2009 Updated: 16 Aug 2009

Sean hadn't been sure that the Yorkshire pudding would work with whole wheat flour and he'd been a little leery of the concept of Viggo's grated fruit salad, but it had all been good. They'd had salmon and Cornish game hens and if the kitchen looked worse than Viggo's studio did during a period of intense inspiration, it didn't matter.

"We can worry about it later," Viggo promised as he coaxed Sean into the living room after Sean had finished talking to his girls in England. "I want to open presents now."

"Now?" Sean laughed as he allowed himself to be led. "You're worse than the girls are. We should wait until tomorrow."

"You and your schedules," Viggo said as they reached the living room. He pushed Sean down in front of the tree and picked up a lighter off a nearby side table. "And don't give me the look," he scolded. "One of us will be in the room at all times and we know where the fire extinguisher is."

"Look?" Sean said innocently as Viggo lit the candles on the tree. "Why would I be giving you the 'please don't burn our house down' look?"

"Because you're the voice of reason around here," Viggo said. He moved to turn out the lights and lit several more candles around the room before he joined Sean on the floor. "You keep me just grounded enough."

"Flattery, flattery," Sean replied. He looked at the presents under the tree and then looked at Viggo. "Well maybe just one," he said. "But I get to pick it."

"OK," Viggo agreed, "but I get to pick yours then."

"Fair enough," Sean said reaching for a large flat box. "This one."

"And this one for you," Viggo said, picking out a rectangular box.

They exchanged the gifts, and then Sean looked so expectantly worried that Viggo felt he had to go first. Tearing into the neatly wrapped package with abandon, he found two frames wrapped in tissue. He eagerly pulled the tissue away and then stared in shock. "These ... you?"

"Yeah," Sean said, feeling his face go warm and fighting back the urge to apologize for ... something.

"I ... you never let me see your sketch book," Viggo said, his voice gravely with emotion. He looked at the drawings, two simple pencil sketches on white paper, one of himself as Aragorn and one of himself in a tee shirt and jeans, a slight smile quirking his lips. "These are good, Sean. Really good."

"You think?" Sean asked. He'd hesitated to show his work to Viggo because he knew himself to be a competent draftsman and not the artist that his lover was.

"I know," Viggo said firmly, carefully putting the pictures aside before leaning in to kiss Sean thoroughly.

"Love you," Sean mumbled, his face still a little hot from both the praise and the kiss.

"Love you too," Viggo replied, handing Sean his gift. "It's not as," he began before letting his voice trail off.

"Let me decide what it is," Sean replies, carefully removing the big yarn bow and then equally carefully unwrapping the heavy handmade paper. The weight and the size of the box gave him a fair idea of what he was opening but when he did open it all the way and saw the label on the bottle of wine he looked at Viggo, a huge smile threatening to split his face.

"You remembered!" Sean said. "From me birthday and you knocking it over while we tore each other's clothes off." He shook his head remembering how, after three months of filming and frustration, they'd been so desperate to shag that they'd all but wrecked the kitchen in Sean's rented flat in Wellington.

"Didn't I promise I'd get you another bottle?"

"Must have taken you forever to find it," Sean said, not only touched by the fact that Viggo remembered but that he'd taken the trouble to find a bottle of wine from a very obscure little Australian vineyard. He kissed Viggo lightly on the nose and the climbed to his feet. "I'll get the glasses then, yeah."

"Don't need to," Viggo replied, reaching for the glasses he'd hidden behind the side table. He stood up and moved behind Sean, wrapping his arms around him.

"Is that a corkscrew in your pocket," Sean teased, leaning back, "or are you just happy to see me."

"Happy to be with you, Sean. Always."

"Awww ... Merry Christmas, Viggo."

"Merry Christmas, Sean."