Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Both wrote a love poem..

Rated: PG

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 1045 Read: 757

Published: 16 Aug 2009 Updated: 16 Aug 2009

"I love you, Sean. So much . So much.”

Viggo held his lover close, pulling him back to snuggle further into his lap and smiling to feel Sean’s back against his stomach and his head pillowed on his thigh. He ran his fingers through the short, dark blonde hair before leaning down to kiss his lover’s beloved pointy ear.

“I’ve written you something. I promised I would.”

“Whot? For me?” Sean turned and sat up, eyes full of mischief.

“I told you I’d try to write you a poem to do you justice.”

“But I didn’t know ye meant it. I thought you said ye’d never write a love poem again because it makes people think you’re insane.” A smile brightened his face and Viggo laughed.

“But you already know I’m insane so what does it matter?”

“That is very true,” said Sean thoughtfully. “So you go first and then I’ll read you mine.”

Viggo’s blue eyes widened. “You wrote something for me?

“Ye didn’t think I could?” Sean asked, a look half of hurt and half of anger clouding his face. “I’ve got an artistic side, too, ye know,” he said petulantly.

“I’m sorry, love. I know you do.” He smiled gently and gave Sean a lingering kiss. “I just never expected you to write a poem for me. I can’t wait to hear it. Will you read it first?”

“No, better not. Don’t want to spoil this. Ye know that I’m not as talented as ye no matter what. Mine will be heartfelt but not as beautiful. I’ll go after ye do.”

“Okay, love.” Viggo looked longingly into Sean’s eyes. “I love you so much. This doesn’t do you justice, but it’s in my heart, okay?” He took a deep breath, suddenly shy. “Here goes.”


It’s never enough
Touch and sound
Scent and taste

You
There’s all of you
And even that’s never enough

Your green-eyed glory
All mysterious clarity
And complicated simplicity

The skimming of tongue against tongue
Against skin and lips
The knowing slide
The catch in my heart and yours

Your moan sliding to my ear
Treasured opulent reward

I could die in those sounds
Drown in the clear green
Be torn to nothing by the rush of need
And never regret the sweet pain

But from now until then
Let me make love to you
Again and always
From now until we forget
There was ever anything else

By the time he finished reading, his voice was rough and the paper shook a bit in his grasp. Sean came closer, kneeling beside the couch and taking the handwritten poem and gently setting it aside before pulling his poet’s hands to him for soft and reverential kisses, laying his head against Viggo’s knees.

His tears fell freely and he felt Viggo kissing them away, finally laughing a bit and asking, “You liked it then? Or did it made you horribly sad?”

Laughing softly himself, Bean looked up, still holding both of Viggo’s hands in his own. “I loved every word. Every single word. Loved hearing ye read it to me and loved knowing ye wrote it for us.” He stopped talking for a long moment as he fought back more tears. “Yer love for me humbles me, Vig. The poem, being here now, hearing your voice…those are all gifts to me.”

He rose onto his knees and kissed his lover soundly, pushing him back into the couch cushions and working his way upward to straddle him, never breaking away from their kiss until he decided to taste his way along the length of Viggo’s neck. As he did so, he heard a breathless laugh.

“Wait…what about my poem, you animal. No fun stuff until I hear mine.”

Sean blushed and buried his face deeper into the crook of Viggo’s neck, wishing like hell he’d never claimed to have a poem. “Er…I lost it, Vig. I forgot to bring it with me. I’ll bring it next time, yeah?” He tried to distract his lover with another kiss.

“You forgot it? You live here! Go get it! Or recite it. You are nothing if not the soul of brevity. You could at least paraphrase. You’re not getting off that easily – literally and figuratively.” Viggo was laughing now, tickling Sean and pushing him over before rolling on top. “Well? Poem or no poem? Sex or no sex?”

“Oh God, Vig. Ye know I’m no good at this. I’d be embarrassed – mine would be shite after that.”

“No love, tell me what words you have for me. It doesn’t matter how they come out. I just want to hear them.”

“I love ye. I want ye. Ye have a fine arse?”

“Oh, man, it must be really bad.”

“Yeah. Pretty bad, Viggo.” Sean squirmed uncomfortably before resignedly asking, “Shall we get this over with then?”

Viggo nailed him with laughing blue eyes. “Oh yeah, Sean, I say we do. And I’m guessing you really don’t need to go get a piece of paper, do you? All in your head, I’m betting.”

Sean nodded miserably.

“Go on then. Oh wait, let me get comfy. Okey-dokey, have at it.”

“If I didn’t love ye, I’d hate ye,” Sean muttered under his breath.

“What was that, baby?” Viggo asked ever so sweetly, determined to enjoy every moment.

Sean took a deep breath and plunged in.

“There once was a man—“

“You didn’t!! Viggo sat bolt upright, stifling a laugh behind his hand.

Sean grinned at the reaction, suddenly enjoying this. His voice got louder and his smirk bigger as he started over.

There once was a man from Idaho
Who decided we should give it a go
He’d suck and he’d fuck
And he had lots of luck
Because now he’s sleeping with me, ye know

The last things Sean recalled seeing before Viggo collapsed into his ridiculous cackle was a barrage of pillows and a book. He decided to move closer while the element of surprise was on his side.