Summary: The first thing Viggo does in his new flat... Note: Made for the VigBean vol.2 Challenge.

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: Alone

Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes

Word count: 6180 Read: 14227

Published: 15 Aug 2009 Updated: 15 Aug 2009

Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter written by Rotpunkt
In the dim twilight Viggo notices that the darkness flickers grittily, as if consisting of various shades of grey.

He sees the reflections of the lights flit over the walls and ceiling, always repeating the same pattern, each time a car passes by outside.

He has no idea how long he has been sitting here, not moving.

'Vig? You in here?'

The strong, full sound of the call, once again just a little breathless, the echo-effect of the empty rooms bringing out the euphonic vocals..

Viggo doesn't react, not out of defiance, not deliberately deciding to behave impolitely - he just needs a moment to realize it?s not his inner tape recorder again.

'Viggo?'

The second he becomes aware it's not his memory fooling him, there's already a Sean-shaped silhouette in the open door - a little bit darker than the rest of the darkness, a black hole in the falling night.

'You forgot something ' I know you can't live without it, so I brought it for you..' Rather lamely trying to joke, he holds up a little package of mate-tea Viggo recognizes more by guessing than anything else.

Sean doesn't mean it, but the unintentional ambiguity of the words stings like cynical mocking.

He can sense that Sean is trying to hide his irritation, but fails and blurts out,
'God, Vig.. it's dark, cold and empty in here? What are you doing? What have you been doing all day?'

'None of your business anymore, Sean,' Viggo answers softly, tonelessly.

'I only want?' begins Sean, but shuts up as Viggo snorts.

'Want what, Sean? ' You want to just keep me hanging on, don't you, Sean?' Viggo leans his head back against the wall and watches the figure in the doorframe from beneath lowered lashes. He knows Sean's body language so well, he can picturel Sean's awkwardness with nothing but a vague form in front of him - just like a talented artist can sketch the essence of a person with a few strokes.

'You told me it's over, and that I have to let go. You generously offered to let me take my time to look for a new place..,' Viggo laughs scornfully, 'but you know very well I can't get over you this way. As I explained to you that I have to move out; we shouldn't meet for a while, until I can deal with the situation and establish some distance from you.. but how am I supposed to do that when you come here the first evening I am alone? You don't want me anymore, but you refuse to set me free?'

'I'm sorry..,' There are both guilt and concern in Sean's voice, but Viggo slowly drifts out of the apathetic stupor that paralyzed him for hours, into the more active currents of rage and frustration.

'I don't want to see you, Sean, nor will I accept anything around me that reminds me of you.'

'Ok, Vig, I'll leave, I'll.. just take this and.. hell, Viggo, where's the switch??' He fumbles in his pocket, a second later his lighter flashes and with two more steps further into the room he looks around to check the walls, before Viggo's protest can stop him.

He doesn't find a switch.

His gaze falls on the big poster hanging at the wall..