Summary: The first thing Viggo does in his new flat... Note: Made for the VigBean vol.2 Challenge.

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: Alone

Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes

Word count: 6180 Read: 14232

Published: 15 Aug 2009 Updated: 15 Aug 2009

Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter written by Tessy
Sean woke up a few hours later, blinking at the light coming in from the western windows.

'I must've fallen asleep' he murmured sleepily and turned around to continue his nap. Suddenly his arm brushed lightly over another hand and Sean became aware of soft snoring beside him.

It all came back to him in a flash-the argument, Viggo's bitter and hurt words, how vulnerable he had looked right after his accident and again when he asked him to stay..

'Fuck!' Sean cursed quietly. He should not have let this happen before they had talked. But Viggo had looked so insecure and needy when he had asked him to stay, he couldn't just go and tear himself away from the actual contact they both needed and Viggo asked for.

But still they had to talk about the things that had happened since their break-up. They had to start over, to rebuild their castle . Somehow. But he had no idea how.

He didn't even know if that was what Viggo wanted, too. The wish to have him close, to actually have sex with him, was maybe no more than an old, familiar ritual to Viggo, something he needed to get focused.

After all, that was what Sean had allowed their relationship to degenerate into after they had lived together for almost a year. They had both of them learned to ignore that treacherous mithril vein which twined itself, half seen and acknowledged, through their friendship. Because, for all Sean knew, it might turn out to be quicksilver and poison their interaction, their special connection, for the rest of their lives. Sean had fallen back into his old habit of having affairs again..

First it had been just to prove to himself that he still hadn't lost his hetero-appeal and macho charisma, though living in a gay relationship.

Viggo had never given any outward sign of disagreeing and he had not even seemed to be bothered too much until Sean-rather abruptly and impolitely- had called the relationship over.

Even now Sean's face contorted when he thought of that incident. They had been out for dinner that night. Sean had thought it would be easier to bring up the subject on "neutral territory".

He had looked his friend in the eye for about half a second-Viggo could read him far too well with a single glance- and then murmured, head bowed, his voice oddly raspy to his own ears, his tongue taking ages to form words:

'Viggo, I got to tell you something.. With Georgina.. it's become more serious than I thought it would?'

His voice had trailed off into a stifling silence. Neither of them had moved or spoken. Sean couldn't tell whether half an hour or a millennium had passed before he lifted his eyes and smiled at his friend.

Viggo had smiled back, but even though the skin around his eyes had crinkled slightly which, Sean thought, was a good sign, there was a strange light in those blue eyes, too. Sean attributed it to the light of the lamp overhead being reflected in his friend's eyes.

But it might just as well have been the light of a wizard's staff, glancing off a vein of mithril in the depths of Moria..

Sean sighed again and swung his legs out of bed to answer a call of nature. Once he had returned from the bathroom, he silently contemplated the sleeping man on the bed.

There was some grey in Viggo's hair now but all in all he didn't look like a guy three years short of half a century. Rather, sleep made him look positively fragile, almost innocent.

But fragile was one of the things Viggo was not. He could give as good as he got, if it was necessary and he had a temper as well. It was slow to awaken, coiled like a mighty storm inside this mild-mannered and polite man. Few people even knew how to coax that dragon. Sean, oddly enough, did.

Like a flash in his mind, he heard a female voice say: "You both need each other. To support you, sure, but also to challenge you. Yin and yang. Neither of you is wholly himself without impulses given by the other." Far earlier than he she had realised that whatever items Viggo had forgotten and left in their shared apartment, he had taken Sean's heart with him.

Sean smiled wryly. This observation was oddly wise, for a twenty-seven-year old young woman. Georgina was definitely a force to be reckoned with.

His heart was beating loudly and urgently, like a call to arms. His hand was sweaty as he gently put it on Vig's shoulder.

'That's it. Bean', he thought to himself. What would it be now? What would they be? A phoenix or a dragon?

Quicksilver or Mithril?

'Wake up, Viggo. I think it is time we had a talk.'