Summary: Viggo is flirting around... but he'd better be careful...

Rated: NC-17

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: Het

Challenges:

Series: Two strings on Viggo's bow

Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes

Word count: 5557 Read: 2064

Published: 15 Aug 2009 Updated: 15 Aug 2009

(Miranda's POV)

Flirting lazily with Viggo again, I wonder when he will make the first move to go any further. Not that I’m afraid of taking the initiative if necessary. In fact, there’s something rather attractive about men who know how to enjoy passivity. But I’m always curious to learn how a man expresses himself when it comes to hitting on a woman. It reveals so much of a man’s personality. And especially with Viggo it will be very interesting. Trust Viggo to not rely on any common standard pick-up formulas!

But god, the man really isn’t in a particular hurry, and my libido rapidly loses its limited patience. There is no progress, in spite of all the promising looks with those infamous, wonderful blue eyes, and in spite of the shocks of electricity he shoots through my system whenever randomly touching me – and he does that deliberately, I swear!. He’s like that, a human stingray, able to apply a deadly dose of venom with one finger. He stirs up my blood in a sly and completely unfair way with his sexy voice when we’re rehearsing our scenes together – mind you, he literally fills my ears with the fluid raw pure essence of masculinity… oh, I lost my train of thought… What I wanted to say was: Though he winds me up and turns me on and thrills me through and through, the bastard hasn’t taken this anywhere near what I need. And I need it soon.

Now there he’s chilling on his seat in the pub, right across the table, idly leaning back and watching me through frayed lashes, an annoying smile in the corner of his wicked mouth. Damn him. His dark hair is shoulder length, framing his angular face with those high cheekbones. His hands… no, I won’t go there. Damn him, damn him again.

Suddenly he turns his head just a little bit, his eyes slowly wandering sideways… and I can almost see his look flitting off like a laser beam, crossing the room – and when I follow his look, realisation hits and almost knocks me off my seat.

It’s Sean over there, leaning at the bar, apparently relaxed, but I can see the tension in his muscles. He receives Viggo’s glance like a gift, catching it and acknowledging it with a nearly imperceptible graceful and grateful look.

One look, and suddenly it’s all so obvious. How could I fail to notice it earlier? Viggo has indulged Sean with tender attention that is far too constant and refined to be nothing more than an ironic game to embarrass the blond man. Okay, the rugbytackles one can pass off as another of his crazy jokes, but in retrospect I can recall more than enough moments during filming when Viggo’s hand lingered just a few seconds too long on Sean’s back; when he stood just a little too close; when he eyed him in a way that was simply too… how can I describe it? Too desirous, too admiring, too challenging, too lascivious, too threatening – all at once.

In a flash of a moment I remember one event especially: Sean had brought a bottle of wine to one of our informal cast meetings, and Viggo ran into him – intentionally, as I know now but didn’t know then – and Sean dropped the bottle. There was a thick carpet on the floor, so it didn’t break when it fell. Sean immediately got down on his knees to pick it up. Viggo roughly grabbed his hair and held him down. Sean froze; my breath hitched. Viggo gave a hoarse, throaty laugh, like a wild Indian in a cowboy movie who’s just about to scalp his victim. But instead, Viggo slid gracefully down on his knees beside Sean. With sudden kindness and warmth in his eyes he placed a little kiss on his cheek, robbed him off the bottle and jumped up again. Elastically springing into the middle of the room he uncorked the bottle and announced the party started. Sean still knelt on the floor, confused.

How on earth could I have ignored the obvious right in front of my eyes? But hey, it was Viggo, and everybody knows that he’s stark raving mad. How clever that craziness is… you can hide your intentions so well behind craziness…!

Viggo, that bastard, had been flirting with Sean all along, but I was so busy going after him myself I overlooked it. Usually I’m not that blind, so that concerns me a bit, but now is not the time to contemplate the implications.

My eyes meet Sean’s and I have the strange impression of looking in a mental mirror, because Sean grasps for the first time what’s been going on between Viggo and me, too. We stare at each other in mutual bafflement and momentary hostility, and Viggo looks back and forth between us with increasing amusement. Bastard! We look back at Viggo, then at each other, all in all creating a fascinating spider web of looks across the room.

I wonder what will happen next, who will come out swinging first. I bet it’s Sean, judging from the shivers of rage that are shaking him now; he will hardly be able to maintain his posture much longer. He fires looks of open jealousy at me. He will throw a fit and make a scene, that’s for sure.

But – this seems to be the night of unexpected turns.

Orlando appears out of nowhere and flings himself onto Viggo’s lap. At once he starts whispering excitedly in Viggo’s ear, and Viggo uses the clueless boy as a shield, only glancing over his shoulder once to assure himself that Sean will not fall into action as long as Orli is present. So now Viggo’s hiding behind a living barricade. Coward!

Barely a minute later Orlando drags Viggo out behind him, still talking miles a minute. Not that Viggo truly wants to resist. Actually, he’s more than relieved that coincidence provides him with a pretext to leave the soon-to-be-battlefield; we both can see it in his gloating eyes. He shrugs back at us both in an excusatory way when they pass the door, but his sarcastic smile betrays him.

Sean and I exchange another look, and I sense the honest pain in his gaze. There is only one way to get back at Viggo now… I walk over to Sean. His expression quickly changes to firmly “closed” while I approach him, but there’s a spark of new interest in his beautiful sulky eyes when I let myself fall against the bar with my back next to him and simply murmur, “Slut,” pointing vaguely in the direction where they have disappeared with my chin.

“Who?” growls Sean. I can tell he’s still undecided between turning his back on me and cutting me off, which certainly is his first impulse, or taking up the conversation which would enable him to maybe get some detailed information about what I have in mind with Viggo and how far I already have proceeded – pretty much the same things that I want to get out of him.

“I meant Mortensen,” I specify. “Because it goes without saying for Orli.”

Sean chuckles, and I’m pleased to see that he is not jealous of Orli, though he is jealous of me. In fact, I feel a little honoured…

To me, it’s totally clear that Viggo wouldn’t sleep with Orli. If he did, my interest in Viggo would die immediately. But Orli is young and Viggo is crazy, so there’s a natural intersection of their interests. Orli probably talks him into jumping between rooftops or crossing the road on their hands or whatever.

“Do you think he will decide which one of us he wants to fuck any time soon?” I ask out of the blue without any further preamble.

As intended, I catch Sean by surprise. He bites his lower lip and blushes to the tips of his ears, instantly lowering his lashes and his head, trying to evade my searching, scrutinizing gaze.

“Don’t tell me he already fu… you already slept with him?” I almost shout, incredulously. Sean flinches at the volume of my voice, and if he could blush any more and lower his lashes any further, he most certainly would. He cringes.

He will not be able to bring himself to answer within the next half an hour, that’s for sure, so it’s no use torturing him any more. Slowly, it dawns on me that Viggo simply kept me on the reserves bench.

“I’m sorry, Sean… I didn’t know… or else I wouldn’t have… I won’t flirt with Viggo anymore. Forgive me.”

I’m about to retreat and bow out politely, but suddenly Sean grabs my arm and pulls me back.

“No.”

“What?” Yes, this definitely is a night of unexpected events.

“I don’t want you to give him up and sacrifice your own purposes for my sake. But most of all, I want him to make that decision, not you. I don’t want to be beholden to you for your generosity.” He hisses it sharply, and that alone is so sexy that it wouldn’t need the gratuitous effect of his intense eyes boring into me.

“Okay…” I drawl, very flustered and intimidated, and Sean slowly releases my arm from his painful grip. “So… how about we share a beer?” I chirp meekly, and he grimly nods.

I have never had a real conversation with Sean before, but it doesn’t take long until we stick our heads together, whispering with heated cheeks and shining eyes. Maybe it’s due to a few too many beers, but also because it’s good to talk to him and he seems to like me, too. I can tell the whole experience with Viggo is hard to take for him, and he badly needs someone to spill his heart to. And though you usually don’t trust your adversary, as his rival I also have a lot with him in common. Viggo has made fools of us both.

I learn that Sean has had sex with other men before, but it has been a while and it has never felt like it does with Viggo. They had the most stonking sex together – I swallow enviously when Sean murmurs in my ear that Viggo sometimes fucks him twice without ever moving out in between times… he simply stayed in Sean while he rests heavily upon him, until Sean feels him growing hard inside him a second time… and Viggo starts thrusting again. Believe me, it didn’t help my riled-up nerves to listen to Sean’s raspy voice whispering these kind of confessions in my astonished ears.

But, though the sex was all he ever dreamed of, Sean still doesn’t know what it meant for Viggo… Viggo never explains himself and Sean never dares to nail him on it… and Viggo is a terrible tease, always playing around and flirting around with everyone…

*

Later that evening we have a meeting. Peter gives the schedule for the next days; there are always changes because of the weather and other actual circumstances. When Sean and I arrive, Viggo’s already there, and after exchanging a conspiratorial smile, we sneak up behind him and sit down on both sides of him.

Viggo quickly looks to the left, to the right, and he stiffens a bit, but also grins surreptitiously. I can tell he feels somewhat uncomfortably, but thinks he’s clearly in charge. We just stare straight forward to where Peter is preparing for his explanations, and Viggo also doesn’t talk to either of us. Only after the room is crowded with members of cast and crew do Sean and I start to flirt with each other literally behind Viggo’s back. We not only lean a little back to look each other in the eyes, but we also lay our arms on Viggo’s backrest side by side, and stroke each other

Viggo is shifting in his seat – he knows what’s going on directly behind him, but doesn’t want to show it affects him. He’s ticking like a time bomb. Sean and I both know it and grin at each other gleefully over Viggo’s broad shoulder. How come you can see the expression on the face of someone you know very well, even when you only see him from behind? I don’t know how, but Sean and I knew exactly when Viggo‘s eyes narrowed and his lips shrank to a thin line…

He’s getting really nervous, and suddenly he gets up and leaves with his long fast steps, never looking back, though Peter stops in the middle of his sentence in surprise and then calls after Viggo. Viggo only walks faster, and calling him twice more Peter shrugs and carries on. Viggo does crazy things, after all.

As soon as he’s gone, Sean shifts closer, taking Viggo’s seat. Seeing his gorgeous face before me I’m starting to think that I wouldn’t mind if our plan failed and I’d end up with Sean instead. “He’s jealous,” whispers Seam, though that’s plainly obvious, but I understand that Sean has to put a little emphasize on it. “We won’t let him get away with that,” I whisper back.