Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Viggo muses on his favourite room . . .

Rated: G

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo/Orlando Bloom

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 735 Read: 821

Published: 15 Aug 2009 Updated: 15 Aug 2009

Viggo muses on his favourite room . . .

What I like best about living in this house is the comfort. Well, that and my companions. They come first in my life, without question, but no matter where I’ve been, or what I’ve been doing, I can always rely on my lovers to take care of my physical comfort. And not just in the bedroom, for they seem, instinctively, always to know what I need.

Take this evening, for example. Coming home exhausted after travelling for almost 24 hours, I’m relaxing into my favourite comfortable chair, a glass of something smooth just within reach of my fingers. Sean’s softly playing my favourite Chopin nocturne on the piano, welcoming me home in his own gentle fashion, and Orlando’s making something that smells wonderful in the kitchen.

And this is my favourite room . . . funny now to think how we argued at first. The decision to set up a home together was easy, but I remember that furnishing it resulted in argument after countless argument about the style to adopt. Admittedly the arguments always ended with a passionate making-up, but then they’d start again the next day . . . until that simple compromise occurred to Sean. Why not pick a couple of rooms each and furnish them in our own style? Three grown men ought to be able to achieve something that way, he said.

Orlando proved to be a surprising home-maker and asked to plan the bedrooms and the kitchen. We teased him, of course, about his domesticity, but were almost misty-eyed when he explained that he needed to nurture our inner pleasures as well as our outward passions. Truth to tell, the bedroom’s a little sugary for my taste, with its pastel colours and pillows heaped everywhere, but there’s no denying Orlando’s stroke of genius in having the bed specially made for us. It would almost sleep six comfortably, so the three of us have no trouble sleeping . . . or playing. The guest rooms are quite spectacular, though, with more over-sized beds, walk-in dressing rooms, gorgeous bathrooms and solid furniture. And he took us totally by surprise with the kitchen. A homely, farmhouse style, with every modern convenience, and although his kitchen skills don’t ever run to cleaning up the pots and pans after himself, it is a delight to share our meals there.

Sean took on the bathroom and furnishing the lounge. Orlando and I were rendered speechless by our water baby’s building talents when he extended the whole bathroom to give us a walk-in shower that just envelops you in cascading water, and a hot tub large enough to surround us – and any special guests we might invite. The lounge was a bit of an eye-opener too, with its plain, simple lines, wooden floor, glass topped tables, elegant furniture and restful cream and blue theme. I have to admit that Sean has classical taste.

Which, of course, had left me to plan the studio and the library. We chose the house because of its high position and that second floor room ideal for the studio and darkroom. Large enough for me to paint and Orlando to sculpt, two walls completely glazed, and the views of the garden (Sean’s special project) and the land beyond, are as spectacular as they are inspirational. So, having bestowed that room to inspire the artists among us, I really wanted to give Sean a room in which to dream, too. And so the library was born. Sean’s an avid reader and we love to hear him play the piano, so there was my starting point. The colour scheme was easy – red’s always been our much-loved colour and my own special red sofa and chairs had been in storage for so very long, just waiting for this occasion to enjoy them. So, Regency style furniture, floor-to-ceiling bookcases, a baby grand piano, a music centre, a fire place, soft rugs – the perfect ambience for living and loving. And, although I did fashion it with Sean in mind, this room’s stolen its way into my heart, too.

Contentment’s making my eyelids grow heavy and without a doubt, the old saying is true – “home is where the heart is”. Or perhaps, it’s with the loves of one’s heart.