Printer
Table of Contents
- Text Size +

Summary: Attraction is hard to explain.

Rated: R

Categories: Actor RPS Pairing: Sean/Viggo

Warnings: None

Challenges:

Series: None

Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes

Word count: 1730 Read: 926

Published: 15 Aug 2009 Updated: 15 Aug 2009

Sean stood beside the eating bar in Viggo's house, nursing his beer and watching the party that swirled around him. His brain was on automatic, his actor's training kicking in, as he made polite conversation with his fellow castmates and the crew members who were at the party. He hoped he hadn't said anything too awful, but he could not be bothered to actually pay attention to what he was talking about.

Sean tried to ignore Viggo, to focus his eyes anywhere but on the American. But every time his mind wandered back from his fantasies, he found that his eyes were locked on the charismatic man. He was annoyed to see that everyone else was just as drawn to Viggo, that the Hobbits were noisily acting out one of their recent adventures, trying to get an approving smile from their King. And Orli was more subtle but Sean found him more irritating as the dark-haired Brit found excuse after excuse to touch some part of Viggo.

*Bloody hell!* Sean was disgusted with himself. Here he was at a perfectly nice party and all he could think about was his ridiculous school boy crush, with the juvenile jealousy to go with it. He was attracted to Viggo and he would just have to get used to it. Viggo was his best friend here in New Zealand and he did not want to screw that up.

"Need some fresh air," he mumbled to the stunt woman who had been trying to get him to pay attention to her. He crossed the room and went out the sliding door leading to Viggo's deck. Sean leaned against the railing and drew a deep breath of air into his lungs, trying to calm his seething brain. His face felt flushed and he hoped he hadn't made too much of a fool of himself. He just did not understand how he could go from feeling nothing but friendship for Viggo, to nonstop lust in the course of a few days. He could not even pinpoint the moment of awareness, when he began to see the other man as his mate.

Sean raised his head to stare out past the deck. Viggo's house backed up onto a large woodlot and the dark stillness of the trees drew Sean in.

The blond man went down the stairs from the deck and entered the forest. The trees were mixed hardwood, some old growth and some younger. The beeches were enormous, their straight boles and smooth bark giving the appearance of pillars in an ancient kingly hall. The night shadows lay deep between the trunks and Robert Frost's line drifted through Sean's mind, "The woods are lovely, dark and deep."

But Sean was not seeking death, he was seeking a new life. He had just ended his third marriage and stench of the rot it had produced in his soul seemed to cling to his skin. He had discovered a few weeks ago that his body was achingly aware of his best friend, that his stomach quivered and his cock twitched whenever Viggo was near. Their wrestling matches had become agony for him as he tried to maintain their normal easygoing camaraderie while concealing his arousal from the older man.

Sean plunged further into the woods, trying to escape the turmoil within his mind. His feet stirred up the fallen leaves of past years and the scent of their gentle decay back into the duff filled his nostrils. The animals had gone still at his presence, but the insects continued their summertime song, unconcerned by the intruder into their domain.

Sean finally stopped beside a large beech with a trunk as grey and wrinkled as an elephant's foreleg. He stared up through the tangled branches at one star clearly visible through the canopy. The peace and wildness of the forest filled his mind and he closed his eyes and relaxed, his mind drifting with the sounds and scents of the night.

He was not surprised that the hair on his arms stood up long before his ears registered the sound of someone making their way toward him. His communion with the forest had given his instincts an extra edge and he knew who was following him.

"Over here, Viggo," he called softly.

"Sean, I was worried about you," the American said as he approached. "You seemed so withdrawn tonight."

Sean let his mind wander again into the deep stillness of the trees, letting their calm wash over him and give him courage. He opened his eyes and looked at his friend. The faint starlight falling through the branches caught strands of silver in Viggo's hair and showed the concerned look on Viggo's face.

"Viggo, I need to ask you something."

"Anything, Sean, you know that."

"I have discovered something recently and I don't know why it is, I can't explain it. All I can think is that it is chemistry. You know, some people you are attracted to and some you aren't and each person may be good to look and fun, but you don't feel anything for the one and you do for another." Sean realized he was babbling and took a deep breath of the rich loamy air.

"You are my best friend here, like a brother to me. But recently something changed. I don't know what. I am attracted to you and I wasn't before. But now my body is totally aware of yours. It's not that I haven't felt that for a man, in the past, I have. But I really like women."

Sean paused, trying to read Viggo's expression, but his friend was merely looking at him neutrally. Sean decided to plunge ahead.

"What I wanted to ask you, was if you would kiss me. I understand completely if you don't think of me that way and if you don't, we can forget about this and go on being friends as if nothing ever happened." Sean was babbling again and waving his arms around. "I mean, you don't have to do it. I just want to see, I'm just curious . . ."

Sean trailed off as Viggo grabbed one of his arms by the wrist and brought it to his mouth. Sean gasped when Viggo placed a gentle kiss on his pulse point and then began biting and licking his wrist. The American concentrated intently on the small spot of Sean's flesh. Finally, Viggo bit down delicately on the sturdy tendon running through his friend's wrist and Sean felt the pull of it deep in his groin.

Sean groaned and Viggo raised his head, pulling at Sean's wrist until his arm was around Viggo's waist, bringing their bodies close together.

"I haven't been able to think of anything else for weeks," Viggo murmured, his free hand gripping the back of Sean's head and pulling him forward to meet his lips. Sean felt his head spinning as Viggo thrust his tongue into Sean's mouth. All his imaginings had not prepared him for the reality of kissing this man. Viggo's kisses were like the forest, with a raw wildness that was immensely exciting, but underneath there was a peaceful stillness, like a quiet forest pool. Sean reveled in the wildness, but the serenity that he found at the heart of Viggo drew in his restless spirit with a promise of refuge.

Viggo backed Sean up into the beech tree, and then ground his hardness into Sean's. The touch of Viggo's erection against his own sent desire like an electric shock through his body and he forgot to breathe. Sean's head was swimming as Viggo finally broke the kiss.

"I thought you were married," Viggo said. "And unambiguously straight."

"Now you know. I'm neither."

"We kissed. Is your curiosity satisfied now?" Viggo asked hesitantly.

Sean frowned at the note of uncertainty in Viggo's voice, but the strength that the trees had lent him gave him courage. "Oh no, Vig. I want it all now. I want everything you can possibly give me." He pulled them together again, ghosting his lips over his friend's.

"You don't happen to have any protection with you?" Sean asked, sucking in the gust of air that Viggo had gasped at Sean's words. They moved slowly now, their lips sliding together, barely touching.

"No, I had no idea I would be needing it." Viggo sounded amused and Sean was glad that the tentative tone had left Viggo's voice.

"Pity, that," Sean whispered. Sean moved his mouth along the line of Viggo's jaw and down his neck. His lips found a home at the spot where Viggo's neck joined his powerful shoulders and Sean stayed there, wallowing in the musky scent of the other man.

"Are you saying that you want our first time making love to be out here in the forest, with no comforts and no luxuries?" Viggo was amazed.

"I can't think of any place more perfect. It seems right to be here with you in this wild spot."

Suddenly Viggo was on fire again, as he crushed Sean's lips under his own, while his hands moved under Sean's shirt and raked his back with blunted nails.

"You were made for me," Viggo panted when he lifted his head.

Sean was stunned by Viggo's intensity, but he tried to answer coherently. "Perhaps so. Somehow our chemistry produces this reaction."

"No, Sean, don't you see? It is far more than mere chemistry. My soul recognized yours when we first met and then this friendship between us turned into this blazing sexual attraction. This is something rare and wild and wonderful."

Sean swallowed and took his heart in both his hands and handed it to Viggo. "Yes, I think I have fallen in love with you."

Viggo nodded shakily, "I love you, too." And Sean felt the peace fill him because he knew that Viggo would keep his heart safe.

Sean sighed in frustration, "I wish we could consummate our discovery. I may be a fool for love, but I'm not crazy."

And then Viggo dropped to his knees and his hand was delving into Sean's pants. "We'll just have to improvise." The starlight shining through the tangled branches showed a wicked gleam in Viggo's eyes.

And Sean leaned against the mighty beech tree and let the rapture and the wildness take him into the maelstrom of sensation that was Viggo's love.